Lawrence County @ Hardin County

fballfan101

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it appears Hardin County is over rated! They played a pretty good first half but really got it handed to them in the second half! This score could have be much worse! Lawrence County is for real :thumb:

Yes LC has a solid team. Good size and speed. Good luck in the playoffs.

ftbllfn..........I keep hearing this game may be played again! I hear talk that if things pan out then Hardin County could be at Lawrence County for the first game of the playoffs. Of course Hardin County would have their QB back and could make it more interesting the second time around. If this is the case, how would you think it would turn out the second time around? IMO I think LCHS would still out man Hardin but they would probably at least be able to score.

Your thoughts??

LOL. Not an idea I want to entertain at the moment. Seemed like HC just gave up after not getting in the end zone. Looks like HC got a confidence problem on offense without #8. Defensively HC could not stop LC in the second half.

It has turned into "Quicksand" for our kids. I do believe if #8 comes out and gets his timing down, we manage to beat Northside this week then we will not be coming to LC.

I will say this, whoever lining up to play LC has got a task in front of them. I am not giving you the gold ball but it is not something that is impossible.

I find it interesting for you to be hearing we could match up again. I posted last week that the first game might not matter some folks thought I was an complete idiot. Did I have insight or what?

LOL. Not an idea I want to entertain at the moment. Seemed like HC just gave up after not getting in the end zone. Looks like HC got a confidence problem on offense without #8. Defensively HC could not stop LC in the second half.

It has turned into "Quicksand" for our kids. I do believe if #8 comes out and gets his timing down, we manage to beat Northside this week then we will not be coming to LC.

I will say this, whoever lining up to play LC has got a task in front of them. I am not giving you the gold ball but it is not something that is impossible.

I find it interesting for you to be hearing we could match up again. I posted last week that the first game might not matter some folks thought I was an complete idiot. Did I have insight or what?

Insight you seem to have! That is the reason I am talking back to you. I am sure LCHS won't be looking for any gold ball. This team seems to down to earth and focused. They have good coaching and senior leadership that helps also. Hardin County is in a bad location for scheduling. I have looked at the schedule and I see why they play a weak schedule. They are not close to anyone and would have to travel too far to play any real talent. Maybe LCHS and HC will start playing each other every year. That would be a treat. Hardin County played well in the first half but just got winded and LCHS just seemed like a fresh team. LCHS doesn't have many players that go both ways like Hardin did. The Hardin team still had starters going late in fourth quarter and was so tired the LCHS second team was moving the ball against them. Good luck with Northside and we will be watching and waiting till Saturday!! :roflol:

We in the worst location for our classification in the entire state. We play the local circuit and pay the bills. Real disappointed in the crowd size Friday night. Way to many empty seats. If they would get 64 completed all the way it would be great to play LC every year.

I dont see any reason LC cant play with any of the top 5A teams in state. You probably match up real well with henry county. The Melrose, Ridgeway, and Mitchell teams are going to bring a lot of speed. I dont know that much about the East side of state.

Tell me about 77. I hope there arent any road blocks for him getting multiple offers by major D-1 schools. If he has right mind set there is nothing in the way of being drafted when he comes out of college unless he gets an injury.

Good luck Friday night. A win puts you at home for first 2 rounds?

We in the worst location for our classification in the entire state. We play the local circuit and pay the bills. Real disappointed in the crowd size Friday night. Way to many empty seats. If they would get 64 completed all the way it would be great to play LC every year.

I dont see any reason LC cant play with any of the top 5A teams in state. You probably match up real well with henry county. The Melrose, Ridgeway, and Mitchell teams are going to bring a lot of speed. I dont know that much about the East side of state.

Tell me about 77. I hope there arent any road blocks for him getting multiple offers by major D-1 schools. If he has right mind set there is nothing in the way of being drafted when he comes out of college unless he gets an injury.

Good luck Friday night. A win puts you at home for first 2 rounds?

Yes the road could have been better but at least it will be nice soon! As far as #77, I noticed he started as #71 until his jersey got ripped off. Maybe some holding? He is a very good player and from what I have seen he has D1 talent! I am not close enough to the team to go much further than giving his name. Charles Sweetan is his name and I may have have the last name misspelled. That whole line is very athletic and is fun to watch. They have 3 seniors and two juniors starting. The game this week will be huge. T'town will be no push over and really has LCHS's number. LCHS has only beat them 1 time since '86. This will be the game I will be attending this week but Hardin and North runs a close second. Good luck to your team as well and hopefully these two teams will meet again in the near future. Hardin is a class act and is a well disciplined team!

His name is Charles Sweeton and he is #72. He is the leader of the offensive line and one of the best talents to come out of LCHS in a while. He is a D1 prospect and able to get into any school that wants him. He a great kid, great student and a great leader. He has a mean streak that you like in an offensive lineman. He just turned 17 and would be an asset for any team that has the good fortune to land him.