Creekwood at Camden District 11AA *Title Game*

matt_8777

Okay it is time for my game breakdown. I don't have a roster in front of me so I will go with numbers for now.

Camden's playmaker is #12. He is a polished passer and he can really run it. He usually makes about 3 big plays per game that really swing the momentum for his team. That 110 yard punt play when he picked up the low snap and took off against Huntingdon was outstanding. He also looked sharp throwing the ball against Harpeth and even last week in a hurricane he made a great throw in the 2nd half against Cheatham. Creek Wood is going to have to get pressure on him in key situations and make his teammates beat them. #9 is Camden's real home run hitter carrying the ball. He does a great job on the slice trip and speed sweep stuff. Creek Wood can't ignore him trying to stop the power running of #41. All in all Camden is just a great offensive football team. On defense they are really stout up front. #74, #79, & #75 are some men in the trenches.

Creek Wood's option attack limits their impact because the purpose of the option is to make the defensive front guess "wrong". For Creek Wood Hooper does a good job at running the option. They have good backs in Bell, Odom, and Adkisson. Camden's linebackers and secondary are going to have to be ready to stop the Red Hawks high powered offense as well. When Hooper throws the ball he is very efficient and his main target is Cain Smith. Smith is a nightmare to cover. The Lions did a good job of limiting Horkins big plays earlier in the year when they beat Harpeth. They will have to do the same against Smith if they want to beat Creek Wood. The Red Hawks have strong defensive ends who crash everything down up front. Camden has to block them and get a hat on McConnell if they want to have success against the Red Hawks defense.

In the end I look for this one to be back and forth and I am going to pick an overtime game. These 2 teams fans have been talking smack at one another for the last month and I am glad that we are just 31+ hours away from settling this one once and for all. Both teams are great and well coached and I wish them both the best of luck!!!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw that out of 124 people 96% picked Camden to win. Looks like that 96% will be a little upset after friday.

Creek Wood's offense is very explosive. With Bell coming back this week they will be even better.

Creek Wood's defense has only allowed two teams, Dickson and Fairview, to gain over 200 yards. They have good quickness and strength and should limit Camden's offense.

Camden's defense is good upfront and really suspect at linebacker and secondary. Creek Wood's offense should have no problem exposing that. Creek Wood should be able to throw whenever they please. Odom and Bell are extremely hard to tackle. If they get past the line they could both go over 100 yards rushing. Hooper is extremely talented. He reads defenses well and can adjust the play to expose the defenses weaknesses. :lol:

If rain effects the game I feel Creek Wood would have the advantage. They have the ability to line up in a power I formation and over power teams. Giving Bell and Odom a five yard headstart is just unfair to the opposing team :D

Creek Wood wins this one 35-7

Camden's linebackers and secondary have the ability to step up and play big when the game is on the line. I expect them to play really well this friday. it will be really hard for Creek Wood to get big plays. Camden's defense will continuously force them into 3rd down situations. If Creek Wood can pull out a win in this game they will have to play mistake free football. They cannot have costly penalties or turnovers. :roflol:

This is a game I have been looking forward to all season long, along with alot of other folks. Both teams seem to be very strong and dedicataed, have a great coaching staff. All in all though I have to go with Camden on the win. They are an all around solid team. They have so many weapons to choose from, not just one or two. And as far as the Lions linebackers and secondary goes, I don't think the secondary has allowed many break away runs or big passes this year. In fact several picks and critical times. I just hope the rain holds out so we can have a great game and no serious injuries. GO LIONS!!

Camden 28

Creekwood 21

I just saw that out of 124 people 96% picked Camden to win. Looks like that 96% will be a little upset after friday.

Creek Wood's offense is very explosive. With Bell coming back this week they will be even better.

Creek Wood's defense has only allowed two teams, Dickson and Fairview, to gain over 200 yards. They have good quickness and strength and should limit Camden's offense.

Camden's defense is good upfront and really suspect at linebacker and secondary. Creek Wood's offense should have no problem exposing that. Creek Wood should be able to throw whenever they please. Odom and Bell are extremely hard to tackle. If they get past the line they could both go over 100 yards rushing. Hooper is extremely talented. He reads defenses well and can adjust the play to expose the defenses weaknesses. :?

If rain effects the game I feel Creek Wood would have the advantage. They have the ability to line up in a power I formation and over power teams. Giving Bell and Odom a five yard headstart is just unfair to the opposing team :thumb:

Creek Wood wins this one 35-7

Camden's linebackers and secondary have the ability to step up and play big when the game is on the line. I expect them to play really well this friday. it will be really hard for Creek Wood to get big plays. Camden's defense will continuously force them into 3rd down situations. If Creek Wood can pull out a win in this game they will have to play mistake free football. They cannot have costly penalties or turnovers. :?

I think the same things apply for the Lions...they will have to play a mistake-free, hard hitting game to pull this one out. As I said before, these are the games that make HS football second to none. Go LIONS!

Well, I am sure glad everyone is done talking smack! lol Spelling mistakes, stats, this player talked smack and that player can burn you.......... What a hoot. :roflol: I talked to my roomate who personally took a video from inside that bird hovering over Historic Wright Field, and he said that that little birdie is on call. Thanks Drug Task Force of Henry County for the field dryer. Your contributions are well appreciated.

I went back and did a little research for this game. The last 3 years, Camden has lost 6 games. There is something those 5 teams who beat them have in common. They run the ball right at Camden with a physical offensive line. This is where Camden struggles. Don't get me wrong Camden has a great defensive line, but when having to have the ball pounded at them all night it seems the Lions lose the game. Creekwood is going to the same thing that the previous 5 teams who have defeated the Lions have done and that is run the ball right at them. This is the same style offense that gave Camden fits last year in the playoffs, except this team has more than one dangerous receiving threat and a QB who can pitch the ball. Creekwood will be the best team Camden has played all year, Camden will not be the case for Creekwood (Dickson Co.). I know Coach Ward is a great staff and will have his team ready but I think Coach Daniels and the Redhawks head back to White Bluff with the district championship. CW by 14.

Camden really isn't doing that bad for returning only eight starters from last year's team. They returned only 3 on offense and five on defense, and pushing at a 10-0 record and a great seed in the playoffs. Win or lose tonight, the Lions are in and bring a very young team into the playoffs with a chance to go deep.

I think as long as Camden doesn't forget the Lewis Co. game for a regional title a few years back and balances the offense, this will be a great game. Minimize mistakes, eliminate turnovers and cause a few turnovers and the Lions will take the district title 27-14.