District 10 AA (DL, East Lit, Maplewd, Pearl-Cn, Wh Cr, CPA)

sportsnutdad

What a district this has turned out to be! Here it is with two weeks remaining in the regular season, and there is a 4-way tie for district leadership. Is this the toughest Class AA district (top-to-bottom) in the state? How will the last two weeks play-out? Who will make the playoffs? How have injuries affected teams to-date?

http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/regionalstandings.cfm?class=2

-snd

What a district this has turned out to be! Here it is with two weeks remaining in the regular season, and there is a 4-way tie for district leadership. Is this the toughest Class AA district (top-to-bottom) in the state? How will the last two weeks play-out? Who will make the playoffs? How have injuries affected teams to-date?

http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/regionalstandings.cfm?class=2

-snd

Tough District for sure. :D

Lipscomb/Maplewood make 4A playoffs.

E. Lit/Pearl make 3A playoffs.

Whites Creek might get wildcard spot, but they have to win at least 1 of last 2.

It would also be easy for Whites Creek and East Lit to swap places. This, of course, would depend on how things play out these last two weeks.

I also believe the notes at the top of the TSSAA District Standings page for District 10 are wrong. I believe it should state that the top 2 4A schools get an automatic playoff bid and the top 3A school gets an automatic bid. The only way 2 3A schools get an automatic playoff spot is to finish 1 & 2 in the district. This of course, doesn't include wildcard bids for either 3A or 4A.

-snd

It would also be easy for Whites Creek and East Lit to swap places. This, of course, would depend on how things play out these last two weeks.

I also believe the notes at the top of the TSSAA District Standings page for District 10 are wrong. I believe it should state that the top 2 4A schools get an automatic playoff bid and the top 3A school gets an automatic bid. The only way 2 3A schools get an automatic playoff spot is to finish 1 & 2 in the district. This of course, doesn't include wildcard bids for either 3A or 4A.

-snd

I predict East Lit and Pear Cohn making the playoffs. Finish 7 and 8 seed in quad 3. East would travle to #1 seed Bledsoe and Pear Cohn traveling to # 2 seed Goodpasture. Both could be winnable games for each team.

-snd

I predict East Lit and Pear Cohn making the playoffs. Finish 7 and 8 seed in quad 3. East would travle to #1 seed Bledsoe and Pear Cohn traveling to # 2 seed Goodpasture. Both could be winnable games for each team.

Bledsoe has to beat Rockwood...and Smith County is ahead of Goodpasture in tie-breaker. Hard to say who will be 1-2.

As I predicted (but wished I had been wrong), tough year for CPA. Have already lost 6 games, the last five by an average of 4 points per game, and 2 on the last play of the game.

15 year streak of making playoffs ends in 2009.

They lost the tie breaker in 2005 and did not go to playoffs. But still an excellant run. If CPA continues to play up in competition while in this difficult district they could start a new streak.

-snd

Bledsoe has to beat Rockwood...and Smith County is ahead of Goodpasture in tie-breaker. Hard to say who will be 1-2.

Bledsoe can still lose to Rockwood and be #1 seed because the tie breaker when it goes to Quads is Strength of schedule. So as i predicted Bledsoe will lose to rockwood and still be #1seed. Reason is I think Smith and Goodpasture will still win out, leaving three teams tied at an 8-2 record. Bledsoe having the toughest and Smith having th weakest of the three. Also Goodpasture is ahead of Smith for the tie breaker. Goodpasture Strength of Schedule-84 Smith Co Strength of Schedule-99th. The lose to Cannon hurt if Smith would have won that game and Won out would have been #1 seed IMO had Bledsoe losing to Rockwood.

BallPark3434"]

-snd

Bledsoe can still lose to Rockwood and be #1 seed because the tie breaker when it goes to Quads is Strength of schedule. So as i predicted Bledsoe will lose to rockwood and still be #1seed. Reason is I think Smith and Goodpasture will still win out, leaving three teams tied at an 8-2 record. Bledsoe having the toughest and Smith having th weakest of the three. Also Goodpasture is ahead of Smith for the tie breaker. Goodpasture Strength of Schedule-84 Smith Co Strength of Schedule-99th. The lose to Cannon hurt if Smith would have won that game and Won out would have been #1 seed IMO had Bledsoe losing to Rockwood.

Where are you getting strength of schedule stuff...it has to do with teams that have won 50 percent of their games. SC has more than GP...will at end of season if they beat YAI. Bledsoe has a chance if they beat Rockwood.

As I predicted (but wished I had been wrong), tough year for CPA. Have already lost 6 games, the last five by an average of 4 points per game, and 2 on the last play of the game.

15 year streak of making playoffs ends in 2009.

They lost the tie breaker in 2005 and did not go to playoffs. But still an excellant run. If CPA continues to play up in competition while in this difficult district they could start a new streak.

Forgot about that. That was a team very similar to this year's - very small, no running game, but good passing game (Lowery soph. year). This year's team results not as good, but is better because they have palyed tough against much better competition. 2005 team lost to East Robertson, not exactly in the same league as Lipscomb, White Creek, and Maplewood.

My concern is that when a program starts losing, the excitement level for the kids to play goes down, and CPA can't compete without all potential athletes participating.

Winning breeds winning, and the opposite holds true as well.

David Lipscomb, Maplewood, & Whites Creek will ALL make the playoffs in 4A and both Pearl-Cohn & East Literature will make the playoffs in 3A. This is just my opinion. All of these teams are very good football teams and this district has proven to be a tough one filled with battles week in and week out.

Just look at CPA who is going to finish at 6th place in the district. If a couple of plays go differently for the Lions then they could be 5-0 in the district but instead they are sitting at 1-4 in the district with close losses to David Lipscomb, Maplewood, Whites Creek, East Literature by a combined total of 19 points..........that is truly UNREAL!!!!