Big Games in Memphis ... Week 9

kwc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to be talking about what we got coming next season. We were talking about what we had coming this season back in the summer. :roflol: Craigmont took care of business. They attacked us at our weak spot on the first play of the game (by the way Arlington will do the same) and we countered the same as we do every single game. If were playing a team that "the same" hits their weak spot ,WE Win! but if if it hits a teams strong point We Lose. There is zero adjusting. So lets give Craigmont the credit and congratulations they deserve. And that's one without the "buts" and "ifs" with it. CONGRATULATIONS Craigmont! Great Win! :roflol:

Great job Craigmont on a awesome win. I guess I was giving Millington more credit than they deserved. It was confirmed that they don't have that breakaway speed like years past, having backs break into the open multiple times only to be run down from behind. Special teams were also a weak point for the Trojans as stated in a previous post. The defense is the strong point, but it now looks like the secondary may be suspect.

Craigmont came out of the gates out of the ordinary and caught Millington secondary sleeping. Great coaching call!

Also as stated before, Craigmont has a good running game and a adequate passing game. They should do well in the

playoffs. Lack of depth was not a problem. The kicker looks to have a strong enough leg. I think it was just the weather and wind that kept them from trying any field goals. They would have been long attempts though. I remember that one would have been an 37 yard attempt against the wind.

Next week should make for a fun game. Looks as though Arlington will be able to take advantage of that suspect secondary of Millington and as long as they stack the box should handle their offense. I say the Tigers win this game

by 2 touchdowns. Let me be the first to congratulate them on their first district title and undefeated regular season!

Next week should make for a fun game. Looks as though Arlington will be able to take advantage of that suspect secondary of Millington and as long as they stack the box should handle their offense. I say the Tigers win this game

by 2 touchdowns. Let me be the first to congratulate them on their first district title and undefeated regular season!

Arlington has had a nice season, but now is not the time to get a big head. You aren't just going to show up and beat anybody at this point in the season, especially a Millington team that still has a chance to defend their district title.

Good post Footballismylife. No excuses just a Chief congratulations. Some people get on here and say "congratulations Chiefs, but you wont be playing in the 3rd week of the playoffs". That is like saying well "we were the better team and they wont get very far". This is what I am talking about and Bmack, GoChiefs and some others can back me up. There are some good Trojan posters, but there are others that for some reason love to sling mud and bash other teams. We could get on here all day and say certain city schools were this or that or awful or garbage or whatever, but that would not be the right thing to do. So when you start saying well this team is this or that, then people start to get ticked off and it is the same ones over and over saying these things with the same ones over and over trying to take up for them with sarcastic remarks that only make people more mad. The comments made by ateam are not a reflection of how we feel here at Arlington. We know it is going to be a dogfight and are we by no means saying we are going to come over there and stomp you guys. It should be a good game by both teams. To the classy Millington poster on here, you are a solid group of fans and to the OTHERS, you are the worst bunch of homers I have ever seen.

What comments Ace? I was just stating my honest opinion. I think Arlington will be able to handle Millington next Friday and win their first district title and complete their first undefeated regular season. I guess you now have a problem with people stating their opinions?

The point I think Ace was trying to make is that the coaching staff doesnt share your opinion of being able to go in there and handle them. They know Millington is a good team and that the team will have to play a solid game limiting the turnovers. This is not to say that they think they are going to lose, just that they respect their opponent and know it will be a tough game.

Ace,

Also, I wonder why a coach of any team would get on a message board, period. You seem to add fuel to the fire all the time on here with the Millington fans. I wonder if Arlington's head coach knows you get on here and post all the time and if he would approve.

I don't have a certain team, but happen to live in the area and try to keep up with all the teams, Millington, Arlington, Bolton, Rosemark, Munford, Brighton, Covington, etc. I am just a fan of good HS football. I have been to quite a few different games this season, and I will tell you that there are fans just like the Millington fans you talk about at every school. Matter of fact, at the Arlington/Craigmont game I personally witnessed an Arlington fan disrespect the Millington coaching staff once Arlington scored the go ahead touchdown, after sitting there the whole game not saying a word while they were behind. The Millington coaching staff sat there the whole game and never said or did anything.

It happens everywhere.

Yes our head coach knows I get on here and he does not have a problem as long as I dont talk about things we are doing and so forth and so on and I dont add fuel to the fire. Reading inappropriate comments gets me riled up is all. Sometimes people who really dont know what they are talking about just should not talk about other teams is all I am saying. I am not directing that comment to you ateam and for the most part I agree with what you were saying. I just was not gonna agree that we would beat them by 2 scores. Dont want to give them anything from over here. I just get tired of reading the Millington people's posts b/c I get a little bit of arrogance and cockiness out of them.

Rob_M you a real deal hater! First Arlington should stop dreaming about winning 2 or 3 games? Now Craigmont is not that good of a team now that beat you? Were you the one also downing CBHS after they smacked you guys as well? I apologize to most Millington posters, but keep in mind when refer to the bitter and jealous comments of Millington fans, I'm referring to Rob most of the time. What other prediction do you have for us Rob? How do you know Millington will be playing the 2nd week of the playoffs! This isn't your year, that doesn't mean its not someone else's year though!