Lewis vs Fairview

apantherfan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still taking into consideration Lewis fans jabbering about their youth at the beginning of the season so I am banking on 8 games in that they are starting to season a bit. I stated on another thread that Lewis would win out and I'll stick to it. I knew Page would take care of Fairview so they enter into this game with a loss the week before. I felt like the Fairview coaches would throw everything they had at Page so Lewis should have some good film to watch. I also felt Lewis would shorten the game against Giles and lose by 20 so it would in a weird way be a little motivation for them. I DID NOT figure in Lewis having only about 100 fans show up for their home game last week. (Don't give me the weather excuse either when your foe bought 200+)

So, after all that ramble, if Lewis fans show up and support their youth then I think Lewis wins by 7 in a short game.

:bored:

I am still taking into consideration Lewis fans jabbering about their youth at the beginning of the season so I am banking on 8 games in that they are starting to season a bit. I stated on another thread that Lewis would win out and I'll stick to it. I knew Page would take care of Fairview so they enter into this game with a loss the week before. I felt like the Fairview coaches would throw everything they had at Page so Lewis should have some good film to watch. I also felt Lewis would shorten the game against Giles and lose by 20 so it would in a weird way be a little motivation for them. I DID NOT figure in Lewis having only about 100 fans show up for their home game last week. (Don't give me the weather excuse either when your foe bought 200+)

So, after all that ramble, if Lewis fans show up and support their youth then I think Lewis wins by 7 in a short game.

:bored:

From my rather limited knowledge of Giles County football, it has pretty much stunk to high Heaven up until the past 3 or 4 years. Five or six years ago, Lewis County eviscerated them and had the freshmen, 4 grade schoolers, and 2 majorettes playing by the end of the third quarter, so get off your high horse...you're sounding like a Florida Gators fan. You're just chapped because you weren't satisfied with a 22-0 win. And don't come back and say that it's not so, because we all know that's what it is. You were expecting a 50+ point offensive showcase by the Bobcats, but when it didn't happen, you make excuses. Again...see Florida Gators. Lewis County is obviously having a down year. It's a small public high school...it happens. They have been beaten by 3 1A teams this season, and you come here trying to rub salt in the wounds by talking smack (still...a week later) about the game with Giles County.

They won...Let it go.

The teams will be more evenly matched next year and you will have 11 months to think up creative cutdowns in the time leading up to the game...then even more creative excuses if Giles County doesn't deliver a beatdown on Lewis County, or God forbid, gets beaten by them.

From my rather limited knowledge of Giles County football, it has pretty much stunk to high Heaven up until the past 3 or 4 years. Five or six years ago, Lewis County eviscerated them and had the freshmen, 4 grade schoolers, and 2 majorettes playing by the end of the third quarter, so get off your high horse...you're sounding like a Florida Gators fan. You're just chapped because you weren't satisfied with a 22-0 win. And don't come back and say that it's not so, because we all know that's what it is. You were expecting a 50+ point offensive showcase by the Bobcats, but when it didn't happen, you make excuses. Again...see Florida Gators. Lewis County is obviously having a down year. It's a small public high school...it happens. They have been beaten by 3 1A teams this season, and you come here trying to rub salt in the wounds by talking smack (still...a week later) about the game with Giles County.

They won...Let it go.

The teams will be more evenly matched next year and you will have 11 months to think up creative cutdowns in the time leading up to the game...then even more creative excuses if Giles County doesn't deliver a beatdown on Lewis County, or God forbid, gets beaten by them.

Dog gone 926. I was wondering how you got your name and low and behold I see now its a division of your IQ @ 17!. Where did I rub salt in a wound? Where did I brag? Reading comprehension dude. Dictionary. Get one. Look it up. If you had a clue you would know I was the one congratulating the LC coaches on a great game plan against Giles. You started your post by admitting that you possess limited knowledge. I agree totally with you! B)

I am picking Lewis to win BOTH of their remaining games. My whole point was if Lewis receives fans support then they will win. :thumb:

FYI......gtpc/2112 New one

Now to the game........This should be a good one......both are done with hard part of the schedule.....don't know about fairview...but It has been costly to Lewis, to many injuries to main players.....2 linebackers, corner/kicker. Many others playing dinged up. Lewis will play all out. Fairview I understand has their stud back which is a big plus for them the final 2 games. Hope the weather cooperates for this game. This is a tough one to call......Fairview at home should help them some......Lewis has some big hearted players. The offense for lewis has been......at best......BAD this year. Course the backfiled has been flipped around so much hard to get timing down. The defense has stood up well all this year. If Lewis can find some offense and some wrinkles to it.....I would gave edge to Lewis......otherwise edge to Fairview...mainly because of home field edge. Either way.....Should be a good game.

Hey stat,

What's your ideal LC backfield? You always talk about the flip flopping of the backfield but from what I can see the last several weeks has been the same. I'm just curious as to which one you think LC should go with?

The one they started the season with...and gave up on after the first game. Seemed like you would have more options......diffently more speed, and (not putting down the present QB) with the other as QB, there is more of a threat from that position. Don't claim to be a Football Guru, but it just seemed to me (rest of the stat crew also) that the offense would be much tougher to defend against, and from what I hear, it would also put the fastest player on the team in the backfield. That being said.....this is the hardest playing bunch I have seen at Lewis in ages. This squad has takent the best of so many teams this year, and yet play as hard......not let me correct that, harder each game. This is a very special bunch in my opinion. I just wish the fans would support them like they have in the past. I guess winning easy games spoiled them. This is ONE TOUGH BUNCH playing now. I believe next year they will be able to have a better record..mainly because so many they have faced this year is loaded, and will lose alot.

:D

Stat I really appreciate your mostly positive attitude toward everything Black and Gold, I really do. The top four running backs are averaging 4.56, 5.25, 2.88 and 5.05 yards per carry (this is Joes’ stats). Now which of those running backs do you think needs more carries? I will tell you this; the one with “more speed” is the one averaging 2.88 yards per carry. I must say that at first I too was not in favor of the switch at QB until I got to see the young Soph. run the offense. When you play QB you have to have patience as the play develops and he has done a wonderful job with that important aspect of the game. And I only wish that you were correct about “The defense has stood up well all this year”. If we could have gotten a few key stops here and there who know what could have happened. I do believe that we can get those stops and put it all together and win some games (even in the playoffs).

As far as the crowd at last week’s game I agree that it was bad and I admit that we are spoiled and not use to losing. I can tell you this, many years ago when we were in our early stages of turning our program around we brought MUCH more of a crowd to away game than the 200 that Giles brought Friday night. I attended the Fairview game at Giles and was a bit surprised with the lack of attendance on the home side (I would guess 6 or 700). Not trying to start a fight, just stating the obvious.

Dog gone 926. I was wondering how you got your name and low and behold I see now its a division of your IQ @ 17!. Where did I rub salt in a wound? Where did I brag? Reading comprehension dude. Dictionary. Get one. Look it up. If you had a clue you would know I was the one congratulating the LC coaches on a great game plan against Giles. You started your post by admitting that you possess limited knowledge. I agree totally with you! :D

I am picking Lewis to win BOTH of their remaining games. My whole point was if Lewis receives fans support then they will win. :roflol:

I was referring to posts made in one of the previous LC vs. GC threads in association with this one. I suppose I should have clarified. And I agree. I did come on a little strong. I guess I was set on attack mode...something at which I am very adept.

I think most Lewis fans that read this thread (what few there are left) will recognize what you were trying to say WOMG, we appreciate your compliments. And 926, you havn't always been the most staunch LC supporter in the world on CoachT but we appreciate you taking up for us, although I think you were confused.

No doubt...but I have been the most honest.