District 7AA for 2009-10

basketballnut

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going by the number of significant returnees and their overall performance last year you'd have to go with Chattanooga Christian. Though just scrimmages, I did see some good things from Sequatchie (despite what some think/hope they're not going to fall off the map) and Bledsoe in June. Grundy should be as tough as any in the district in the post. The only team I can't see making a run would be Notre Dame but even they had a couple of girls last year who could put the ball in the basket.

Who all is in this district now? I heard it has gotten smaller. Will any Chattanooga teams be in it besides Chatt Christian? From watching this district last year I would say CCS would have the edge if they have everyone returning. Indian, the 2 post from Grundy could make some noise too. If they have a guard that will feed them the ball I see them topping CCS. Seq. is very well coached and I see them right at the top as well even though the older Barker kid is gone. She was super smart and they will have to adjust without her. Is Marion still in this district?? I know they had a couple of good young kids, but do not see them competing at the top. What about Bledsoe's coach? Will she be back?

I didn't mean I expect CCS to win it, just that they probably have the most experience coming back, at least among proven players so maybe they'd be the early favorite based on that. They could have been the favorite going into the district tournament after Sequatchie's Lockhart was injured but were beaten by Grundy, so you can never tell until the teams take the court. For other teams, players who may have been inexperienced and/or raw have had since February to improve and could be a lot different than what they showed last season. CCS and Sequatchie played twice in the summer with neither showing a significant advantage.

Marion moved down to Class A, their district is Marion, Whitwell, Lookout Valley, Van Buren, Hardy, Signal Mountain. 7-AA is Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Grundy, CCS, Notre Dame. They'd play 8-AA teams in the region, Upperman, etc.

I forgot about Christian they are very well-coached. How many players did Bledsoe lose?

Blesoe lost 7 players. I have not herd anything about the team this year, but in my opinion they will be fine this year if they work hard and keep their heads up. As far a the coach...I have herd no news. I hope she will be able to be there. Best of luck Lady Warriors!

Who all is in this district now? I heard it has gotten smaller. Will any Chattanooga teams be in it besides Chatt Christian? From watching this district last year I would say CCS would have the edge if they have everyone returning. Indian, the 2 post from Grundy could make some noise too. If they have a guard that will feed them the ball I see them topping CCS. Seq. is very well coached and I see them right at the top as well even though the older Barker kid is gone. She was super smart and they will have to adjust without her. Is Marion still in this district?? I know they had a couple of good young kids, but do not see them competing at the top. What about Bledsoe's coach? Will she be back?

From what I have been told is that Coach Tarver will not Coach this because her husband is very ill and that former boys coach Carl Boynton will take over coaching duties this year.....

• 2 weeks later...

Grundy's got a good freshman, Haley Meeks, that should be able to feed the post players the ball, plus can score herself. I look for Grundy to be hard to beat. Haley if you read this don't hit me with the ball...lol

I got to watch Meeks and Grundy defeat Smyrna yesterday in Mboro. It's hard to believe she is just a freshman with the basketball skills and composure she showed on the court. She is long and athletic. I would not be surprised to she her hit 6' before she quits growing. We will definitely miss having her in the Rutherford County district.