ba freshman finds talent on track

trackexpert

not competeing in cross country or track in middle school and satarting out in golf this year ba freshman rob silverri has put all these things to the side after finding his new talent on the track. while doing a routine workout coach marshall smith noticed him and timed him in the mile. surprisingly he ran a 4:02 since then he has his mile time sub 4. he is expected to run sub 15 in state. watch out mccallie

Guest kenwoodrun
Posted by trackexpert:

not competeing in cross country or track in middle school and satarting out in golf this year ba freshman rob silverri has put all these things to the side after finding his new talent on the track. while doing a routine workout coach marshall smith noticed him and timed him in the mile. surprisingly he ran a 4:02 since then he has his mile time sub 4. he is expected to run sub 15 in state. watch out mccallie

Uhh...yeah. Whatever. One can only hope this is an attempt at humor. And we thought Alan Webb was good. Polley, come defend your Alma Mater.

Previously posted by TrackandCross:

I'm sure he could run under 3:55 if he had a good coach LOL

If you are saying Coach Smith is not a good coach I am about to explode because the coaching tandem of him and Coach Harper at BA is amazing. (I am not saying the info on Silverii is correct, however, I think that is a joke- no offense to silverii, but only Polley and Bumbi have had that much talent at BA recently) Please respond so that I understand what you meant, otherwise.........I am about to get very mad...................

clint, calm down buddy. this whole thing is obviously a joke.i dont think trackandcross was too serious if you notice the "LOL" at the end and the joke about it being 2 or 3 laps. all i know is someone who runs a 4:02 mile could run about 14:00 on steeplechase. and i do know one other thing. silveri would be hard pressed to break 6 min. for a mile.

[Edited by BPolley on 9-22-02 10:57P]

Posted by caeagle16:

Previously posted by TrackandCross:

I'm sure he could run under 3:55 if he had a good coach LOL

If you are saying Coach Smith is not a good coach I am about to explode because the coaching tandem of him and Coach Harper at BA is amazing. (I am not saying the info on Silverii is correct, however, I think that is a joke- no offense to silverii, but only Polley and Bumbi have had that much talent at BA recently) Please respond so that I understand what you meant, otherwise.........I am about to get very mad...................

Calm down, it was a joke-as was the original post (definitely hard to believe I must admit) Never- was anything directed towards the BA Coach-I am sure he is amazing. I only meant with that kind of "natural talent" if it were true- could go even farther with some "olympic style" training! 4:02 is on down there- right? and a freshman? OK- now I am mad at myself for wasting my time on this explanation that is clearly not necessary! ;)