Greeneville at Claiborne???

DevilMan03

pvhs I think its great your panthers are going to the playoffs. Now they will finish with a losing record or maybe they can play alcoa again!!
once again showing your ignorance like always, if we beat grainger, we will finish at 5-5, not a losing record and yes alcoa has killed us when we have played them but let me jog my memory, we have been to the playoffs for the last 4 years straight and this will make five and claiborne has been to the playoffs, ummmm, welll, yea 06-07, geeze, good thing my memory is good :roflol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see the Devils to show everyone in the state that they deserve to be ranked higher than claiborne this week. I mean a 6-3 record only losing to state ranked opponents in non-conference games should be better than a 8-1 losing to gibbs and having a weak schedule. I look for the Devils to show everyone that they a top 5 team in the state with a big win this week. Go Greene Devils!!

I want to see the Devils to show everyone in the state that they deserve to be ranked higher than claiborne this week. I mean a 6-3 record only losing to state ranked opponents in non-conference games should be better than a 8-1 losing to gibbs and having a weak schedule. I look for the Devils to show everyone that they a top 5 team in the state with a big win this week. Go Greene Devils!!

Yeah its funny how us amatuers can analyze strength of schedule and margin of victory and the professional homers.... i mean sports writers who vote in the AP seem to only look at records

Thank you so much barb, that was truly beautiful and at the same time so very true. I have newspapers from when Brigham Lyons went head to head against James "Littleman" Stewart that my brother saved and handed down to me, a highlight video of Dustin Moore's career in my VHS collection, a autographed Frankie DeBusk Fuman poster in my closet at home, and most important of all, my jersey with my name on it hanging in front of that poster. When you wear the green and white you're more than just a football player, you're a hero to tons of little kids across town who looked foward to coming to see you play under the Friday night lights in the fall. It's more than a commitment to a team it's an oath to uphold a tradition and preserve what to me is a legacy. Some may say it's just high school football, but to me high school football is a way of life as well as all the other seasonal sports.

Greene County is a much better community as a whole because of high school athletics. I couldn't ever imagine not opening the Saturday newspaper with out grabing the sports section out first thing to check the local scores. Our local highschool athletics/extracuricular groups (and other competitive groups; shout out to the band and the cheerleaders, dance team, even the chess club, haha etc.) contribute alot more around here than what most people realize. It's a small town, we live in small town USA. It's ok...there is nothing wrong with that, I think we should be thankful for it.

Charlie here's one that will really drive it home....Greeneville was at home against SG and there was this little boy sitting behind us with his grandparents. He started yelling "there's Chaz,there's Chaz. I don't know his last name but he helps coach at he Boys and Girls Club". Thats what drives it...the excitement of getting to play at Burley on Saturdays with your Friday night heroes on the sidelines teaching you skills and demonstrating that its about more than just the game. Its good to see in this day of big-time HS football programs and the drive to win championships and get big scholarships that these guys have learned the greatest satisfaction is in keeping traditions alive and passing it down. If Chaz Story doesn't play another football game for the rest of his life, he should know he's at least one 8-year-old's hero.

Thank you so much barb, that was truly beautiful and at the same time so very true. I have newspapers from when Brigham Lyons went head to head against James "Littleman" Stewart that my brother saved and handed down to me, a highlight video of Dustin Moore's career in my VHS collection, a autographed Frankie DeBusk Fuman poster in my closet at home, and most important of all, my jersey with my name on it hanging in front of that poster. When you wear the green and white you're more than just a football player, you're a hero to tons of little kids across town who looked foward to coming to see you play under the Friday night lights in the fall. It's more than a commitment to a team it's an oath to uphold a tradition and preserve what to me is a legacy. Some may say it's just high school football, but to me high school football is a way of life as well as all the other seasonal sports.

Greene County is a much better community as a whole because of high school athletics. I couldn't ever imagine not opening the Saturday newspaper with out grabing the sports section out first thing to check the local scores. Our local highschool athletics/extracuricular groups (and other competitive groups; shout out to the band and the cheerleaders, dance team, even the chess club, haha etc.) contribute alot more around here than what most people realize. It's a small town, we live in small town USA. It's ok...there is nothing wrong with that, I think we should be thankful for it.

Charlie here's one that will really drive it home....Greeneville was at home against SG and there was this little boy sitting behind us with his grandparents. He started yelling "there's Chaz,there's Chaz. I don't know his last name but he helps coach at he Boys and Girls Club". Thats what drives it...the excitement of getting to play at Burley on Saturdays with your Friday night heroes on the sidelines teaching you skills and demonstrating that its about more than just the game. Its good to see in this day of big-time HS football programs and the drive to win championships and get big scholarships that these guys have learned the greatest satisfaction is in keeping traditions alive and passing it down. If Chaz Story doesn't play another football game for the rest of his life, he should know he's at least one 8-year-old's hero.

It makes it alot easier to keep yourself motivated to succeed when you stand for something. Amongst all the numbers and statistics that circulate about in the football world today such as; 40 times, bench press and squat, quarterback ratings, and winning percentages. There is one intangible that can not be measured and that is heart. Heart will when you alot of ball games when talent and conditioning have faded late in the 4th quarter. Pride and heart are very closely related. When you do all the little things the right way on and off the field it translates into your game.

Why was the County Championship thread locked?

It makes it alot easier to keep yourself motivated to succeed when you stand for something. Amongst all the numbers and statistics that circulate about in the football world today such as; 40 times, bench press and squat, quarterback ratings, and winning percentages. There is one intangible that can not be measured and that is heart. Heart will when you alot of ball games when talent and conditioning have faded late in the 4th quarter. Pride and heart are very closely related. When you do all the little things the right way on and off the field it translates into your game.

Why was the County Championship thread locked?

I had the one I started locked because some MO-RON started making stupid insulting comments about the county players work-ethic and something about "polishing a turd". I guess somebody else had the other one closed....probably for the best. We've beaten that poor horse to death.

Looks like its gonna be another W for Greeneville. Glad to see all the fans gettin on here and showin support for the teams, well not all the fans. The ones that actually know what theyre tlkn about. Hope its a terrible game for you guys up in bulldog country. Good luck to Greenville though. I was wondering though, why is it always bcsc that is the one talking smack and never actually knowing what he/she is talking about. You can research some stats/records/topics before you get on here and flap those gums without having any knowledge on any subject pertaining to football except the final score. Good game against CG and CC which we shouldve won but hey what can ya do? I agree that claiborne has some players but I cant say that they are as big as all this hype(mostly from mr know it all bobcat). good luck to greenville, hope its a 90 point game, and goodluck in the playoffs. CGHS72 keep holdin it down strong cause shew, everybody knows that we need somebody with some football knowledge on these forums.

GVILLE: Whatever they want

Claiborne: Whatever Gville wants em to have

knowledge the only knowledge you and cghs knows about is what are you going to eat next :lol: This post is about claiborne and g-ville I don't recall seeing anything about the pussycats. So I'm done arguing with you 2 want'a B's.

Dontcha just luuuuuvvvvvv a good in-county rivalry :thumb:

Good news for Claiborne, 63% of the fans across the state have picked Claiborne over the Devils on the Big Ones:thumb: . In Conference opinion based on message boards not so Good for Claiborne :thumb: . Bottom line, the game starts 0-0 :roll: .

Why not? Thats how the AP writers do it.