District 11AAA Predictions!!

basketballfan23

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood- One of the better teams around in team camps this summer.

Hillsboro- Solid returning group lead by McMillan.

Ravenwood- A good junior class along with Mattich, could go higher, dark horse!

Franklin- Always good but lost a lot last year. Little and McLemore will lead the way

Indy- New coach, new style, good returning group of junior guards.

Centennial- New coach, new style, lead by Bristol who is a force inside.

This district should be VERY competitive not a lot of difference between these six.

I dont see how you could put brentwood first when you have teams like franklin-even though they lost starters they will still be in the top half and independence started a junior and 2 sophmores last year which will be returning and i saw them this summer and they only lost to hillsboro by 1 i know you cant compare summer ball to the real season but still independence has two really good guards-Brian Miller and tyler king which was a junior last year and was selected on the all district team....Ravenwood has matich back and i understand they will be good but not at the number 3 spot

Franklin did lose alot last year. Not too sure about Little--heard he has a shoulder injury. He didn't play much with Franklin this summer because of baseball.

Little is fine, he had cyst behind his rotators cuff which was causing pain when he threw a baseball. It doesn't affect him at all when shooting. Little and McLemore will lead a new group of rebels on the hardwood this year. Will probably struggle early until Pace and Nelson get out of football and get into basketball rythem. Won't have as much depth as in the past but the first seven can play. If coach Johnson can pull this group together they're going to be tough to beat. But like Big Poppa said it's going to be a very competitive district. Anyone of the six could get hot and make a run. Here is how I see it stacking up:

1.Franklin

2.Independence

3.Hillsboro

4.Brentwood

5.Centenial

6.Ravenwood

Franklin did lose alot last year. Not too sure about Little--heard he has a shoulder injury. He didn't play much with Franklin this summer because of baseball.

Little is fine, he had cyst behind his rotators cuff which was causing pain when he threw a baseball. It doesn't affect him at all when shooting. Little and McLemore will lead a new group of rebels on the hardwood this year. Will probably struggle early until Pace and Nelson get out of football and get into basketball rythem. Won't have as much depth as in the past but the first seven can play. If coach Johnson can pull this group together they're going to be tough to beat. But like Big Poppa said it's going to be a very competitive district. Anyone of the six could get hot and make a run. Here is how I see it stacking up:

1.Franklin

2.Independence

3.Hillsboro

4.Brentwood

5.Centenial

6.Ravenwood

YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT FRANKLIN AND INDEPENDENCE WILL BE BETTER THAN HILLSBORO? HILLSBORO IS SUPER LONG THIS YEAR. NOBODY IN THAT DISTRICT WILL BE ABLE TO DEFEND ART MCMILLAN. WHEN YOU ADD IN ISIAH HARRISON 6'7" AND BIG KENNY 6'5" (MCMILLAN 6'5") THEY ARE LONG AND QUICK. WITH BRE, VINCENT, JAMAL AND PIPES AT THE GUARDS THEY ARE REALLY DEEP AS WELL. I DON'T SEE THEM AT THIRD IN THE DISTRICT. I DO BELIEVE THEY CAN BE OUT COACHED (WHICH IS THEIR ONLY PROBLEM), BUT THEY WILL DOMINATE THIS DISTRICT IN THE END BEHIND BIG ART. I CAN'T SEE THEM LOSING MORE THAN A GAME OR TWO IN THIS DISTRICT.

1.Franklin

2.Independence

3.Hillsboro

4.Brentwood

5.Centenial

6.Ravenwood

YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT FRANKLIN AND INDEPENDENCE WILL BE BETTER THAN HILLSBORO? HILLSBORO IS SUPER LONG THIS YEAR. NOBODY IN THAT DISTRICT WILL BE ABLE TO DEFEND ART MCMILLAN. WHEN YOU ADD IN ISIAH HARRISON 6'7" AND BIG KENNY 6'5" (MCMILLAN 6'5") THEY ARE LONG AND QUICK. WITH BRE, VINCENT, JAMAL AND PIPES AT THE GUARDS THEY ARE REALLY DEEP AS WELL. I DON'T SEE THEM AT THIRD IN THE DISTRICT. I DO BELIEVE THEY CAN BE OUT COACHED (WHICH IS THEIR ONLY PROBLEM), BUT THEY WILL DOMINATE THIS DISTRICT IN THE END BEHIND BIG ART. I CAN'T SEE THEM LOSING MORE THAN A GAME OR TWO IN THIS DISTRICT.

Franklin beat David Lipscomb at Lipscomb, Indy beat Hunters Lane at Hunters Lane in scrimmages this weak. Long, tall, quick Hillsboro got beat by Overton by 20. I don't think they will dominate the district this year at all, I think I will stick with my predictions.

O.K., I am really laughing at the fact how people get on here and blast the coach on here. I am wondering if you are a parent, AAU Coach, or the player on that team, because what make the coach the blame. If you are a parent either your son didn’t get any playing time or you transferred him to another school because of his lack of effort. AAU Coach, which AAU programs destroys every high school basketball program because of that "You can do whatever you want to do” which college coaches shy away from players because there is no fundamentals played in the summer. The player because he is not getting any playing time because of his lack of effort and work habits. That's not good to blast coaches on Coacht.com, if you look at every Middle TN Coach in TN they all are in the same boat, no one that is coaching now has won a State Championship. So should I go on here and talk about every Coach in Middle TN and talk about what make them a bad coach, NO!! Considering the fact every State Championship has come from Memphis. Does that make the coaches in Memphis better, NO!!! It all on the kids, the kids have to really want to achieve that goal. I watch a lot of games up here (Nashville) and in Memphis. I see the difference in kids, Nashville kids are spoiled and don’t want to work, but when I see a kids in Memphis, they play like it’s their last game and their last chance at life. So don’t blame the coach just blame the kid or your kid. Thank you sharing and I have approved this message.........................

• 2 weeks later...
I dont see how you could put brentwood first when you have teams like franklin-even though they lost starters they will still be in the top half and independence started a junior and 2 sophmores last year which will be returning and i saw them this summer and they only lost to hillsboro by 1 i know you cant compare summer ball to the real season but still independence has two really good guards-Brian Miller and tyler king which was a junior last year and was selected on the all district team....Ravenwood has matich back and i understand they will be good but not at the number 3 spot

I don't see how you could put franklin ahead of brentwood when they lost all three times to brentwood last year and at least one of the jv games wasn't even close. Couldn't resist and yes, I know it really doesn't matter what happened last year. I would think after Hillsboro, you just don't know how the rest are going to shake out. I'm guessing no real dominant team with lots of exciting games.

I don't see how you could put franklin ahead of brentwood when they lost all three times to brentwood last year and at least one of the jv games wasn't even close. Couldn't resist and yes, I know it really doesn't matter what happened last year. I would think after Hillsboro, you just don't know how the rest are going to shake out. I'm guessing no real dominant team with lots of exciting games.

bump :roflolk: