AC at Clinton

thekidd0086

It will be a great game and I hear AC will be doing some headhunting on Stone. They have his number and trust me there is going to be some hard hitting from AC. AC has nothing to lose. They are already in the Playoffs win or lose. Clinton has a perfect records to lose and Clinton has trouble playing AC at home. If AC takes Stone out of the game early then Clinton's perfect record will fall. AC knows the running game is going to be an issue and they know that Clinton will mix it up. I would never count AC head coach Gillum out of any game.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a great game and I hear AC will be doing some headhunting on Stone. They have his number and trust me there is going to be some hard hitting from AC. AC has nothing to lose. They are already in the Playoffs win or lose. Clinton has a perfect records to lose and Clinton has trouble playing AC at home. If AC takes Stone out of the game early then Clinton's perfect record will fall. AC knows the running game is going to be an issue and they know that Clinton will mix it up. I would never count AC head coach Gillum out of any game.

All i have to say is "come get some" :thumb:

I haven't had the opportunity to post as much this year as I would like, so this one is coming as if from nowhere.

Man, I am pumped about this game. Friday night, the Dragon defense flexed their muscles, made plays, and showed that this Clinton team is not just an offensive juggernaut, but also good enough defensively to win the games when points are more difficult to come by.

At the same time, AC continued to take care of business against a Hardin Valley team that would be easy to overlook. Their passing game is fluid and explosive at the same time--capable of putting a ton of points on the board in a hurry. The Mavs want to keep their streak alive.

At the beginning of the season, there were a few posters on here that thought that Clinton would be so banged up by the time this week rolled around, they wouldn't be able to pull this one out. That argument may hold some water, now that Hazelhurst has suffered a knee injury, albiet minor. However, it appears as if he will play with a brace, giving the dragons the power rusher they have relied on all season. Along with Hazelhurst, Clinton has a ton of offensive weapons at their disposal, including Austin Powell, a sophomore who is more than capable of carrying the rock and the ground attack against the Mavs. That, combined with Darian Stone's penchant for making big plays, is why I pick Clinton 40-28.

AC's QB wears Darian Stone pajamas.

I haven't had the opportunity to post as much this year as I would like, so this one is coming as if from nowhere.

Man, I am pumped about this game. Friday night, the Dragon defense flexed their muscles, made plays, and showed that this Clinton team is not just an offensive juggernaut, but also good enough defensively to win the games when points are more difficult to come by.

At the same time, AC continued to take care of business against a Hardin Valley team that would be easy to overlook. Their passing game is fluid and explosive at the same time--capable of putting a ton of points on the board in a hurry. The Mavs want to keep their streak alive.

At the beginning of the season, there were a few posters on here that thought that Clinton would be so banged up by the time this week rolled around, they wouldn't be able to pull this one out. That argument may hold some water, now that Hazelhurst has suffered a knee injury, albiet minor. However, it appears as if he will play with a brace, giving the dragons the power rusher they have relied on all season. Along with Hazelhurst, Clinton has a ton of offensive weapons at their disposal, including Austin Powell, a sophomore who is more than capable of carrying the rock and the ground attack against the Mavs. That, combined with Darian Stone's penchant for making big plays, is why I pick Clinton 40-28.

:mellow: I'm just curious...What does Darian Stone pajama's look like? (I'm not a big Williams' fan BUT...do they (the pj's) have DS's qb stats on them? cause if that's the case, maybe DS should be wearing Tanner Williams pj's...YOU KNOW, THEY WOULD HAVE BIGGER NUMBERS ON THEM!!! :?

On a more serious note, (other than the pj thing!), I do think that even though Williams' stats are far greater than Stone's, Stone does present a much more dangerous threat. That kid makes plays when he needs to make plays. Uncanny!

I said early on that the depth/injury thing would be a problem for Clinton. You know, last season when Hazelhurst went down, SEVERAL Clinton players stepped up. There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal. AC had better bring their A game. AC needs to start using the seniors that haven't gotten the opportunity to contribute like we all know they can. Mabe, Kesterson, Marlow (not a senior), just to name a few. I'm saying put Blakely behind Mabe whose behind Marlow and let's POUND that rock. Mabe is a good fullback. I know Coach G doesn't use a fb with his new system, but a little THIS and a little THAT will keep it mixed up just fine. Kesterson can catch the ball. Go long with Wilson. Across the middle with Roberts. We are becoming PREDICTABLE again. THAT'S WHAT WORRIES ME. We might very well beat ourselves.

GO MAVS!!!

Haha! Nicely put. Williams certainly does have more impressive stats than Stone. In all seriousness, Clinton really does need to play well defensively to contain AC's passing attack. They are so explosive and could present a problem for the Dragons. More than anything, I hope both teams bring their best and that nobody gets hurt.

:thumb: I'm just curious...What does Darian Stone pajama's look like? (I'm not a big Williams' fan BUT...do they (the pj's) have DS's qb stats on them? cause if that's the case, maybe DS should be wearing Tanner Williams pj's...YOU KNOW, THEY WOULD HAVE BIGGER NUMBERS ON THEM!!! :thumb:

Williams might have bigger numbers but it really isnt as impressive as stones if you look at the big picture, williams has huge numbers because of how one dimensional AC is. lets compare stats for the two players stone 1300 passing yards-13 td's- 0 int's, rushing 388 yards-8 td's. Williams 2344 yards passing-22 td's-7 int's, rushing -2 yards- 2 td's. total production stone-1688 yards-21 td's- 0 int's, williams 2347 yards-24 td's- 7 int's. not that far off on td's, williams has a big advantage on yards but the int's are a big factor. now lets look at teams, williams has to put up big numbers because AC has only rushed for 663 yards and 9 td's on the season and clinton, even without stones numbers, has rushed for 1621 yards and 21 td's. Stone is putting up great numbers on a team that doesnt even have to rely on the pass. Pretty impressive. AC reminds me of texaas tech from a year ago, huge production in the passing game but no balance. And with clintons speed in the secondary i dont see them being able to put up anywhere near the numbers they have lately. Stickin with the original pick of clinton 42-21.

It is really going to be hard for the Mavericks to pull this one out. Clinton is well balanced. The mavericks need to continue the course and go after Stone. He is going to run the ball on the corners when he has to and will get some yards if they do not close those ends up. The point is this is football and they will have make him think about running the ball again. So if they keep that in mind then they may have a good chance.

Good Luck Mavs We all are pulling for you!!!

Clinton wins big over AC thursday night.... Just dont see AC defense doing anything to stop clinton because they havent stopped anyone all year so I know clinton will score some points on them... Second clinton will take wilson out of the game somehow, i know they arent going to let him beat them like he did last season, and third AC QB with all the yards he has thrown for would look like an average QB at best if teams would actually Blitz him and get in his face. All Clinton' D has to do is take away all of those screen passes AC runs every play, and there offense wont be a factor. Clinton Big at home with or without Hazelhurst. 49-20