AC at Clinton

thekidd0086

Darian Stone was clearly the player of this game, but I don't know how you can look at the entire 48 minutes and say that Clinton "out played AC in every phase." I just didn't see that. Clinton dominated the turnover battle, and that's about it.....

Clintons offense was better, 35 points to 21, Clinton no picks, ac 4 and a fumble.. and all of the turnovers were caused by Clinton making place, non were unforced... Clinton's d was better giving up 21 points ac 35 points, ac forced 0 turnovers, Clinton forced 6.. I would say ac won the special teams battle due to kick off returns, but i forgot that Frazier had a big return and stone did a great job of punting all night, and ac had a big fumble on special teams so I'm giving the edge to Clinton... thats why I say they won in all aspects of the game.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ILL give you the clock, believe me we know the feeling its happened to us before this season, and i thought they got the calls right all night, yes it was offensive PI, the receiver was trying to save your QB from throwing his 5th pick and pushed down our safety before he could pick it off.

Better check the tape, d123. The receiver was looking at the ball when the defender stepped into the receiver's path. But oh well. It's over.

I've tried to make sense of the potential match-ups but can't. Why do you think we'll see Catholic? The guy on coachT who is making prognostications -- randymc -- seems to think we'll be in quad 1 with Powell and a bunch of upper East Tennessee teams. I simply don't know. If it is Catholic, then yes, we would like to play them again.

Darian Stone was clearly the player of this game, but I don't know how you can look at the entire 48 minutes and say that Clinton "out played AC in every phase." I just didn't see that. Clinton dominated the turnover battle, and that's about it.....

Clintons offense was better, 35 points to 21, Clinton no picks, ac 4 and a fumble.. and all of the turnovers were caused by Clinton making place, non were unforced... Clinton's d was better giving up 21 points ac 35 points, ac forced 0 turnovers, Clinton forced 6.. I would say ac won the special teams battle due to kick off returns, but i forgot that Frazier had a big return and stone did a great job of punting all night, and ac had a big fumble on special teams so I'm giving the edge to Clinton... thats why I say they won in all aspects of the game.

I agree, Clinton dominated the turnover battle and they won the scoreboard battle (obviously, the most important battle of all). But don't forget, AC outgained Clinton 375-345 in total offense. It's moot now, but to say that Clinton dominated both defensively and offensively just isn't the case. Just look at the stat sheet. Minus the turnovers, this was a very close game, both offensively and defensively.

I really think AC will be in Quad two with Clinton, and if thats the case you guys will prop be a three seed, could be a four but i doubt it, im thinking 3.. and catholic could be a five or six but im thinking six cause the way they have been playing they will prob. lose to bearden tonight and the three seed will play the six seed.. thats why Im thinking you guys will end up playing Catholic...

and for all the comments about Clinton out playing AC which they did.. AC had too huge plays on offense, on the long screen pass that lead to your first score which was if I remember right like 70+ yards, and the long pass play in the fourth quarter that covered 83 yards( when our safety fell down when he had great position) so of your 375 yards 153 came on two big plays.. other than that we contained your offense... but AC made one huge mistake all night long. and like i have been saying all week long, not running the football will hurt AC because i noticed all night that Clinton had 5 sometimes four players in the box and yet AC just had to throw the ball... when they did run the ball with 22 who i feel is your best football player, success followed but once again you guys try and throw the ball a bit to much sometimes... Again Clinton won the game and won in all three phases..

As far as the quadrants, it all comes down to David Crockett for quadrant 1. If Crockett gets a wild card, quadrant 1 will have:

Tennessee High

Sullivan South

Daniel Boone

Morristown East

Morristown West

Seymour

Powell

David Crockett

If Crockett doesn't get the wild card, somebody else from down that way will be in quadrant 1.

I really think AC will be in Quad two with Clinton, and if thats the case you guys will prop be a three seed, could be a four but i doubt it, im thinking 3.. and catholic could be a five or six but im thinking six cause the way they have been playing they will prob. lose to bearden tonight and the three seed will play the six seed.. thats why Im thinking you guys will end up playing Catholic...

and for all the comments about Clinton out playing AC which they did.. AC had too huge plays on offense, on the long screen pass that lead to your first score which was if I remember right like 70+ yards, and the long pass play in the fourth quarter that covered 83 yards( when our safety fell down when he had great position) so of your 375 yards 153 came on two big plays.. other than that we contained your offense... but AC made one huge mistake all night long. and like i have been saying all week long, not running the football will hurt AC because i noticed all night that Clinton had 5 sometimes four players in the box and yet AC just had to throw the ball... when they did run the ball with 22 who i feel is your best football player, success followed but once again you guys try and throw the ball a bit to much sometimes... Again Clinton won the game and won in all three phases..

What Clinton didnt have any big pass plays? Yes they did !! You have a very strange way to talk trash the only thing you can trash talk about is Clinton won thaks to the turnovers and sloppy feild conditions.

space 3 where in my post did i say AC didn't have any big plays... never did. I said you had two really big plays that were a bulk of your total offense... :roflol: Awww lets cry about the sloppy field,and all the turnovers :lol: big deal the field affected Clinton too and the turnovers o yea we didn't turn the ball over I forgot, sorry.. stop crying because you got beat by a better Clinton team without its best player, and yea u did turn the ball over and who caused that to happen, :lol: i think Clinton... We will see you again on whatever field you ac people want , and Clinton will do the same thing we did last night and thats win, win , win, heck thats all we have done this whole year, beat each and every team that tries to line up against us... :roflol:

space 3 where did in my post did i say AC didn't have any big plays... never did. I said you had two really big plays that were a bulk of your total offense... :roflol: Awww lets cry about the sloppy field,and all the turnovers :roflol: big deal the field affected Clinton too and the turnovers o yea we didn't turn the ball over I forgot, sorry.. stop crying because you got beat by a better Clinton team without its best player, and yea u did turn the ball over and who caused that to happen, :lol: i think Clinton... We will see you again on whatever field you ac people want , and Clinton will do the same thing we did last night and thats win, win , win, heck thats all we have done this whole year, beat each and every team that tries to line up against us... :lol:

No one is crying, and certainly no one is trying to take anything away from Clinton. I debated even bringing this up because I knew some fan would take this the wrong way. The better team won the football game, period. I'm not a fan of either team; however, I was simply stating that I didn't think Clinton dominated the game in every phase. If they had, the final score would have been something like 35-7 or 42-20. Big plays or not, when an opponent outgains the winning team (and the winning team scores with 1:19 to play to seal it), I wouldn't consider that outplaying the other team in every phase of the game. The Colts-Dolphins game from a month ago is a great example.

space 3 where did in my post did i say AC didn't have any big plays... never did. I said you had two really big plays that were a bulk of your total offense... :thumb: Awww lets cry about the sloppy field,and all the turnovers :angry: big deal the field affected Clinton too and the turnovers o yea we didn't turn the ball over I forgot, sorry.. stop crying because you got beat by a better Clinton team without its best player, and yea u did turn the ball over and who caused that to happen, :huh: i think Clinton... We will see you again on whatever field you ac people want , and Clinton will do the same thing we did last night and thats win, win , win, heck thats all we have done this whole year, beat each and every team that tries to line up against us... :D

No one is crying, and certainly no one is trying to take anything away from Clinton. I debated even bringing this up because I knew some fan would take this the wrong way. The better team won the football game, period. I'm not a fan of either team; however, I was simply stating that I didn't think Clinton dominated the game in every phase. If they had, the final score would have been something like 35-7 or 42-20. Big plays or not, when an opponent outgains the winning team (and the winning team scores with 1:19 to play to seal it), I wouldn't consider that outplaying the other team in every phase of the game. The Colts-Dolphins game from a month ago is a great example.

I said that because you said all are yards came from big plays . I said clintons yards came from big plays too. Congrats to Clinton but after this year you guys are loosing a bunch of players. So live it up! You all were suppose to kill us LOL . Didnt happen and we outgain you in total offense. So in joy it while you can!!!