Karns @ Hardin Valley

BigTuna

Here's one you Karns fans (especially the haters) might find humorous. Karns had a big pep rally Friday at school. In a moment of overzealous inspiration Coach R decided to do a cartwheel. As a result the big Coach was wearing an orthopedic boot at the game last night and is rumored to have fractured an ankle.

Lesson learned for us middle aged (and older) folks - know your limitations. :flower:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know which is more funny the water dumping to cool off a 3 win coach or the flip mishap, what a joke we are much much better season we went 3-7 rather then 2-8 1-9 lets see oak ridge went from being oh bad to 2 losses and playoffs. stopda keep the trash comin some of the other home boys will be posting soon, see the form at the local quick stop store to sign your name for a new coach we will be going door to door in a couple of weeks i cant wait to hand that over to dr davis allready have more than 100 signers.

As one of the transfers from karns to HVA and yes he could have stayed and would have if they would have a different coaching staff. My son's freshman year was the worst experince that he has had in sports very badly coached and badlly treated. It is a very bad thing when you have this type of situation that we had to deal with the new school caused allot of problems for everyone involved but, that doesn't mean that your football coach has to stir the pot by telling the kids everyday how Knox counthy screwed them or the fact that some kids where leaving there so we need to dislike them(much stronger words was used), these are the type of things my son and others that had boys leaving Karns had to deal with day after day. Reading through this post seems to sum up the Karns tradition and I for one wish nothing but good things for the kids at Karns. To have good things though you need to create a positive atmosphere for the kids not one full of hate and disregard for kids that left your program for whatever the reason may be. Best of luck to the remaining kids that stayed from my son's team I hope they get what they need to have a great time during their high school football careers.

Hawksdad,

It's good that you can wish the guys well in the midst of your experience. It's very unfortunate that our kids get caught in the middle of these distasteful experiences but life just isn't perfect. One good thing at this point is that it appears both you and your son have been able to minimize the pain and look forward to better days ahead. It's too bad that not everyone in the Karns threads has been able to do likewise. I don't have any way of knowing what Coach R may have said to the players but I do know that he invited/let the transfers-to-be continue to workout in the weight room. My understanding (from someone who was there) is that some of the HVA guys got so disruptive that Coach finally told them they couldn't come any more. It doesn't seem to be a situation that's going to be resolved by talking, petitioning, fighting, etc. It's really up to Dr Davis to take action or not. If everyone will pause to remember the previous debacle in the Fulkerson era with public protests by parents, black armbands worn by players, TV interviews, etc then you should realize that Dr Davis isn't likely to be moved by such tactics. But one of the great things about our country is the freedom to say what you desire to say in the venue and by the method (as long as it's non-violent) that you desire to display it. So long live the petition and those who choose to sign it. :roflol:

Bigtuna what a dumb a you are you spit this bull about being positive then you want to go onto another thread and talk about a situation that you know nothing about, I know Malcom Thomas very well and I can tell you without a doubt his son was leaving Karns regardless and for your small intune mine his son will be a very important part of the catholic team next year. What is going to be our excuse next year coach morris took our qb, HVA said something about us, its not fair to be in the same league with Oak Ridge, the list could continue on an on you just are to stupid to see the light. I can tell you, the get us a new coach petition is out there and it willl be hand delivered to the admin of KHS and the Knox county admin when the goal is reached and at the rate it is being signed that should be sooner than later and if you would like to discuss your knowledge in person we'll make sure you are invited to the delivery.

You know, calling one of your fellow Karns supporters a "dumb a" doesn't really help our efforts to unify around the success of the program. I do know some things about Coach Morris leaving, I do know that the Thomas kid seemed to have a lot of potential, I do believe that Catholic has a lot of QB's vying for that position, and I think that perhaps with Coach Morris working at the middle school level the power of his advocacy for the kids he convinced to come over will be less. Plus I don't think I said anything at all in the other post about losing that QB being "an excuse". But when you look at the starting lineups for HVA it seems pretty obvious that, as Coach Reeves has noted, the rezoning did have an effect on the Karns program.

One thing you and your rowdy, negative thinking friends might want to think about ----> If your efforts to oust the coach aren't successful then all you're doing is further poisoning the waters surrounding Karns, causing even more parents to send their football loving sons elsewhere and probably making even more folks that watch these threads to wonder just why the Karns community seems to be such a self-destructive place. Plus, after the "we want a field house" meeting at Karns, the new Yankee superintendent probably already thinks we're a bunch of morons. Taking a mob of wild-eyed, petition waving folks downtown to meet with him isn't going to help change that perception.

Thanks for offering to let me attend your "delivery". Please let me know the where and when. I'd honestly like to know who some of you are and to try to better understand why you're so angry.

Surely even you guys can get enthusiastic about this:

Karn 12 HVA 7. How sweet it is. Go Karns. :angry:

Hey bigtuna, I played for coach Morris my jv year and was coached and directed by him my senior year sonetimes and i can tell you that half or more of the karns players would play for him whereever he would be, funny thing is he was able to coach the jv team to 5-3 the same group that went 1-9 the next year. Great coach really helped me when i wanted to quit my jr year and has one of the posters said for your knowledge what really hurt karns was having such a idiot coaching us when it came time for teamates to make a move it made it much easier to leave then stay and play for such people. something else tht is funny is the qb had talked bout transfering to halls or farrgt before the season was over last year, maybe cause he as only played for coach morris he wanted to stay with him ever think bout tht if he was recuirted then someone done him a favor.