2) CBHS (1st round bye)

3) Briarcrest (Home vs McCallie) [Winner plays at #2 E/M in 2nd Round]

4) St. Benedict (Away vs #5 East/Middle) [Winner plays at MUS in 2nd Round]

In East/Middle already determined:

1) Ensworth (1st round bye)

7) McCallie (Away vs Briarcrest) [Winner plays at #2 E/M in 2nd Round]

8) JPII (Away vs #3 East/Middle) [Winner plays at CBHS in 2nd round]

#3 East/Middle is home vs JPII [Winner plays at CBHS in 2nd round]

#4 East/Middle is home vs #6 East/Middle [Winner plays at Ensworth in 2nd Round]

#5 East/Middle is home vs St. Benedict [Winner plays at MUS in 2nd Round]

#6 East/Middle is away vs #4 East/Middle [Winner plays at Ensworth in 2nd Round]

If Ryan beats Baylor, Ryan gets the #2 seed and the 1st round bye.

If BA beats McCallie and Ryan loses to Baylor, BA gets the #2 seed and 1st round bye.

Some possible scenarios:

If Ryan and BA win, MBA beats JPII and BGA loses to Ensworth: #2 Ryan, #3 BA, #4 MBA, #5 Baylor, #6 BGA

If Ryan loses to Baylor, BA beats McCallie, MBA beats JPII, and BGA lose to Ensworth: #2 BA, #3 MBA, #4 Baylor, #5 Ryan, #6 BGA.

If Ryan loses, BA loses, MBA wins and BGA wins: 5-way tiebreaker for #2 seed between Baylor, BA, MBA, Ryan, BGA.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if JPII beats MBA and both BA and Ryan lose?

heck freezes over

Depends on what happens with BGA-Ensworth, but Ryan, Baylor and BA would all be 4-3 and would go to a tiebreaker for the #2 seed.

If BGA won, they would also be in the tiebreaker for #2.

If they lose they would be the #5.

MBA would drop to #6.

wat happens if ryan looses and BGA wins on your 2nd and 3rd scenario

If BA wins, they are #2. Ryan, MBA (if they beat JPII), BGA, and Baylor would all be 4-3 and would go into the tiebreaker.

If BA loses, there is the potential for a 5-way tiebreaker (if MBA beats JPII) with BA, MBA, BGA, Baylor and Ryan all finishing 4-3.

If MBA loses in either of the above scenarios, they drop out of the tiebreaker and would wind up the #6 seed.

If it just me? It just seems to take away from earning the playoffs when everyone qualifies. A team that is 5-5 or 4-6 or worse goes to the playoffs. Great for the teams that have had bad years...but it just seems to take away from playoffs when everyone goes. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. Need to re-consider this. Otherwise, the regular season is only about seeding--it should be about eliminating some teams.

Why not get rid of the byes in the 1st round, shorten the season by a week, and play the finals on the WEEKEND before the public finals instead of in the middle of the week?

If it just me? It just seems to take away from earning the playoffs when everyone qualifies. A team that is 5-5 or 4-6 or worse goes to the playoffs. Great for the teams that have had bad years...but it just seems to take away from playoffs when everyone goes. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. Need to re-consider this. Otherwise, the regular season is only about seeding--it should be about eliminating some teams.

Why not get rid of the byes in the 1st round, shorten the season by a week, and play the finals on the WEEKEND before the public finals instead of in the middle of the week?

The challenge is that you have 4 teams in the west and 8 in the middle/east. Since the West teams don't play the middle/east teams how do you decide who makes the cut? You could take the top 4 from the middle/east and the top 2 from the west and give no. 1 from each region a bye. That is the only way I could see it working but then the no. 1 seed only has to win one playoff game to make the championship game. The current scenario is probably best given there are so few teams in DIIAA. The regular season is still important because everyone wants that home playoff game. You don't need to eliminate the bye for them to play the weekend before DI. The way it is scheduled now, the championship game is Thursday, Dec. 3 and the semifinal games are Friday, November 20. The Championship should be played on Saturday, November 28 which is two days after Thanksgiving.

I would say that 2 from the West and 4 or 6 from E/m would be a reasonable number.

Some limited regular season play between the E/M and West (while a travel hassle) would also be a good thing for the division. Right now, we have no idea of how to compare, for instance, Ensworth and MUS. They have no common opponents.

Ensworth 35 BGA 3 late in the game.

This result eliminates BGA from the possibility of the #2 seed.

If MBA beats JPII, BGA becomes #6 regardless of any other results.

If MBA loses to JPII and Baylor loses to Ryan, there is a 3-way tiebreaker between MBA, Baylor, and BGA for seeds 4, 5, and 6. (Ryan is #2 and BA is #3)

If MBA, Baylor and BA win--> BA is #2, MBA is #3, Baylor is #4, Ryan is #5 and BGA is #6.

If MBA wins, Ryan wins, and BA wins--> Ryan #2, BA #3, MBA #4, Baylor #5, BGA #6.

If MBA wins, Ryan wins, and BA loses--> Ryan #2, BA #3, MBA #4, Baylor #5, BGA #6.

If MBA loses, Baylor wins and BA wins--> BA #2 Baylor #3 Ryan #4 BGA #5 MBA #6