Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much love from Sumner County. I actually live in the boro, but I'm from Gallatin. We had the chance to scrimmage both of these teams before the season started and let me say that I'm glad you guys moved up to 6a. I think whoever wins this game at least goes to the state championship. Having said that.... Weather will play a HUGE factor in this one. With Riverdale running the wing-t, they rely on timing for 90 percent of their play development..... Try getting your timing right when rain is an inch deep on the field. Blackman beat a VERY good Brentwood team last week in about the most clutch performance I've ever heard of in TN high school ball.... I think this one stays close to the pads, and below the 20's on the scoreboard.... Blackman wins 13-10.

All season long I have heard that Blackman had a soft schedule, OK I agree. But looking at tonight's game Smyrna Vs Oakland, if Smyrna would have not played Ensworth and instead played Cane Ridge and got a victory would the Dogs still need a win tonight to get in the play-offs? In hind sight if Blackman had played Smyrna's schedule they would most likely be 7-2, with only one distric loss going into the Riverdale game.

Given that Blackman could have very well had victories over; Centennial, Beech, Ravenwood and Brentwood. So was Except For Ensworth; would the out look for the play-offs been much different for both teams?

Just asking.

Last night Oakland showed us how to win AGAIN. Last night Oakland held Smyrna to exactly ONE yard of offense in the first half!

I bring this up as that is exactly how they also beat Blackman. It is vital that we have to be ready from the opening whistle and MUST get to their QB and hit him HARD and OFTEN!

For our offense it is going to be wet and NASTY tonight. Main thought should be hanging on to the ball and executing in slippery footing.

This game is VERY winnable. Now, how much do YOU want to be district CHAMPIONS? :blink:

Thought for the night........WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!!!