5A Playoffs the way I see it....after week 9.

randymc

Assuming the teams win that you would think would win, I see the seeding going like this:

1) Henry County

2) Craigmont

3) Jackson Northside

4) Lawrence County

5) Hardin County

6) Mitchell

7) Melrose

8) Ridgeway

This is assuming that the quad is put together with these teams. IMO, this quad and quad 1 look to be the toughest from top to bottom.

Melrose beat Mitchell, so they can't fall below them in the district standings, and therefore must be seeded above them in the Quad. I don't know much about Jackson Northside, Hardin Co and Craigmont

so there could be some mixing up there at the top. I think you have to assume Lawrence Co wins, and in that case, would be seeded higher than Northside if they win, but not Hardin Co if they win.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny to see that the clarksville schools and henry, dickson, and springfield could make this new playoff system faulty. Before the season everyone felt this was the week district, but hello!

District 10 5A teams

Henry County is a contender

Northeast is going to surprize teams

Northwest may be the black horse

Clarksville is the first wild card in this region

And what about Springfield, Could their youth make a run if they get in?

District 10 6A teams

Dickson County is back and strong

Rossview is a surprize and the 6A black horse

7 teams out of a region that was once known as a joke. Either this new system works, or this district proves that the new system has faults.

One thing is a fact that this region is strong against out of region games. Guess we will see how strong this region truly is in two weeks.

Youre right about Melrose and Mitchell. I overlooked that one. The 2,3, and 4 seeds would all have the same record at 8-2 and not have played each other, so I went by the Strength and Sucess Rankings on coacht. Craigmont is #19, Jackson NS is #21 and Lawrence County is #24.

Also, the Millington/Arlington game could play a factor here. If Millington wins, Craigmont is #3 or 4 in their district and gets seeded behind Lawrence Co and NS/HC winner. Actually Craigmont sits at #4 in their district right now.

If winners are:

Arlington, Craigmont

1 Arlington, 2 Craigmont 3 Millington 4 Cordova

Arlington, Bartlett

1 Arlington 2 Millington 3 Cordova 4 Craigmont

Millington, Cordova

1 Millington 2 Arlington 3 Cordova 4 Craigmont

Millington, Bolton

1 Millington 2 Arlington 3 Craigmont 4 Cordova

So how do you think quad 4 will be seeded?

I think it is impossible to seed prior to Friday night. The biggest determining factor being the Hardin Co./Jackson Northside game. NS (8-2) Hardin Co. (7-3)

Craigmont should finish at 8-2

Melrose 5-5

Mitchell 7-3

Henry Co. 9-1

Ridgeway 5-5 (4-6)

Although i'm not totally convinced that Lawrence Co will be in this Quad..they should finish 8-2...so...there's 8 teams.......it would make more since to put Clarksville NW in this Quad and have Lawrence County in Quad 3..but everyone is convinced that Lawrence County is in Quad 4..but...it doesn't matter at this point...using Lawrence County as the 8th member....I'd like to see someone else seed these 8 before I give my 1-8 opnion. any takers?

This mess only confirms how screwed up the TSSAA is!!!

I totally disagree....you're talking about how screwed up it is and you haven't seen the playoff brackets, the teams participating, or any of the first round games. Just because you don't totally understand the process does not mean it's a screwed up mess. There are good teams trying to play their way in the playoffs this week....there's some trying to better their seeds....what's screwed up about that?

Assuming the teams win that you would think would win, I see the seeding going like this:

1) Henry County

2) Craigmont

3) Jackson Northside

4) Lawrence County

5) Hardin County

6) Mitchell

7) Melrose

8) Ridgeway

This is assuming that the quad is put together with these teams. IMO, this quad and quad 1 look to be the toughest from top to bottom.

Does everyone really think that the 3 Memphis teams are the weakest among this group?...really?? If you think that Hardin County at 7-3 gets a higher seed than a 7-3 Mitchell....then...think again........it AIN't HAPPENING!!

As a matter of fact...if we were trully seeding...like a seeded tournament should be...they(Mitchell) would be the #2 seed followed by Craigmont and Melrose at #3 and #4...although...if Melrose and Craigmont were to play....i'd bet the farm on Melrose...thus..changing my opinion to Melrose #3....but...we know that the TSSAA is not going to seed a 5-5 team at #3 or #4 when there are other 8-2 teams and 7-3 teams. Nonetheless...Mitchell is NOT the #7...write it down.

So how do you think quad 4 will be seeded?

I think it is impossible to seed prior to Friday night. The biggest determining factor being the Hardin Co./Jackson Northside game. NS (8-2) Hardin Co. (7-3)

Craigmont should finish at 8-2

Melrose 5-5

Mitchell 7-3

Henry Co. 9-1

Ridgeway 5-5 (4-6)

Although i'm not totally convinced that Lawrence Co will be in this Quad..they should finish 8-2...so...there's 8 teams.......it would make more since to put Clarksville NW in this Quad and have Lawrence County in Quad 3..but everyone is convinced that Lawrence County is in Quad 4..but...it doesn't matter at this point...using Lawrence County as the 8th member....I'd like to see someone else seed these 8 before I give my 1-8 opnion. any takers?

Mine are on the front page, but for this argument I'll go with Northside beating Hardin Co and Lawrence Co beating Tullahoma.

Then assuming Arlington and Craigmont win:

Lawrence Co D8 #2 (8-2 overall with 2 wins over teams winning 50% of games or more)

if Franklin Co wins friday night, would gives LCHS an extra win over a team winning 50% of games or more

Jackson Northside D13 #2 (8-2 overall with 2 wins over teams winning 50% of games or more)

if Ripley, Jackson Central-Merry, or Dyersburg win friday night, each win gives NS an extra win over a team winnign 50% of games or more

Craigmont (5A)D14 #2 (8-2 overall with 2 wins over teams winning 50% of games or more)

if Kirby, Bolton, Kinsbury or Douglass win friday night, each win gives Craigmont an extra win over a team winning 50% of games or more.........this is going to get very very messy.

1 Henry Co D10 #1

2 Craigmont D14 #2

3 Jackson Northside D13 #2

4 Lawrence Co D8 #2

5 Hardin County D13 #3

6 Melrose (5A) D16 #3

7 Ridgeway (5A) D15 #3/4/5

8 Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

7th and 8th might be swapped if Ridgeway falls to 4th.

What if Millington and Bolton win?

This drops Craigmont from #2 in D14 to #3 in D14 so:

1 Henry Co D10 #1

2 Jackson Northside D13 #2

3 Lawrence Co D8 #2

4 Craigmont D14 #3

5 Hardin County D13 #3

6 Melrose (5A) D16 #3

7 Ridgeway (5A) D15 #3/4/5

8 Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

Craigmont ahead of Hardin Co, because under this scenario Hardin Co loses, if Craigmont wins, they would jump Hardin Co in overall record, if Craigmont loses, & 2 of Kirby, Bolton, Kinsbury or Douglass (and Bolton would have won under this scenario) they would jump Hardin Co in wins over teams winning 50% of games or more.

But now lets look at this if Millington and Cordova win:

This drops Craigmont from #2 in D14 to #4 in D14 so:

1 Henry Co D10 #1

2 Jackson Northside D13 #2

3 Lawrence Co D8 #2

4 Hardin County D13 #3

5 Melrose (5A) D16 #3

6 Ridgeway (5A) D15 #3/4/5

7 Craigmont D14 #4

8 Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

This is a HUGE headache of a Quad.....from what I have seen, Craigmont better win, or there will be lots of people mad, namely Jackson Northside and Hardin Co. Funny they can go from 2nd to 7th. There are just WAY too many factors involved in this Quad. now if Hardin Co beats Northside......I am not going to try to figure that one out, this is the best I can do, I am sure I have lots of things wrong in there since there are many many factors.

Does everyone really think that the 3 Memphis teams are the weakest among this group?...really?? If you think that Hardin County at 7-3 gets a higher seed than a 7-3 Mitchell....then...think again........it AIN't HAPPENING!!

As a matter of fact...if we were trully seeding...like a seeded tournament should be...they(Mitchell) would be the #2 seed followed by Craigmont and Melrose at #3 and #4...although...if Melrose and Craigmont were to play....i'd bet the farm on Melrose...thus..changing my opinion to Melrose #3....but...we know that the TSSAA is not going to seed a 5-5 team at #3 or #4 when there are other 8-2 teams and 7-3 teams. Nonetheless...Mitchell is NOT the #7...write it down.

I agree, Mitchel is NOT the #7, they are the #8.

Here is the problem, under the TSSAA rules, you can not seed a team that finished 2nd in their District ahead of a team that finishes 1st. You can't seed a team that finished 3rd higher than a team that finishes 2nd. And you can not seed a wild card team ahead of an automatic qualifier. What ends up happening especially in 5A, and I would assume in 3 and 1 A too, you have some districts where 6A teams finish at the top and so their 5A counterparts can't be seeded as high as a heavy 5A district's #1 and #2 teams. So the problem is that Mitchell finishes 4th in their district even if they beat Whitestation on friday night. Their loss to Melrose makes them lose the 3rd place tiebreaker. It's the system, like it or hate it, Mitchell wont be seeded higher than 7th, and only be 7th if Ridgeway loses and Houston wins, so looks like Mitchell is pretty much guaranteed 8th seed in this quad

And Mitchell had no business losing to Melrose. Mitchell is a very good team and Melrose is not what they used to be. If Mitchell is indeed seeded 8, they will be the most dangerous 8 seed in the state.....even the most dangerous 7 if thats where they end up.

I don't know how they can be anything but a #7 or #8, I am open to listening to ideas, but under the rules watch the video (http://tssaa.org/training/classificatio ... tation.htm) they must be #7 or #8