WHITE HOUSE @ SYCAMORE

LARRYBIRD33

Greeneville (6-3)*

Gibbs (6-3)*

Fulton (6-3)*

Scott Co. (4-5)*

Red Bank (9-0)*

Brainerd (7-2): Tyner (lost to East Ridge)

DeKalb Co. (6-3)*

Livingston (6-3)*

Greenbrier (6-3)*

White House (5-4): Sycamore

Lipscomb (6-3)*

Maplewood (5-4): Whites Creek

Creek Wood (8-1)*

Giles Co. (8-1)*

Spring Hill (7-2): Page

Crockett (9-0)*

Obion (5-4): Ripley

Liberty (8-1)*

Chetser (5-4): Liberty

Kingsbury (4-5)*

Sheffield (6-3)*

East Ridge (6-3): Howard (beat Brainerd)

Whites Creek (6-3): Maplewood

Page (6-3): Spring Hill

JSS (6-3): McNairy

Lexington (6-3): JCM

Trezevant (5-4)

Fairley (5-4): Hillcrest

Hillcrest (4-5): Fairley

Sycamore (4-5): White House

Chatt. Cent. (4-5): East Hamilton

Ripley (4-5): Obion

Haywood (4-5): Dyersburg

Dyersburg (4-5): Haywood

PLAYOFF INFORMATION

The teams listed in the upper group that have a * listed beside them are locked into the TSSAA State Playoffs as automatic bids.

The teams listed in the upper group that have an opponent listed beside them are "automatic" qualifiers if the playoffs were to begin today HOWEVER if they lose this week then they will still go to the playoffs as "wild cards" at the very least. I do not see a way that any of them would miss the state playoffs regardless of what happens this week.

The teams listed in the middle group that have an opponent listed beside them are "wild cards" as of today and regardless of what happens Friday those teams should also be in the playoffs when the bracket is released on Saturday morning. Their overall records will be good enough to get them in regardless of their game results this week.

The teams listed in the lower group that have an opponent listed beside them are currently "fighting for their playoff lives" and need wins in the worst possible way this week. 4 of those 6 teams that I have listed in this group are going to go to the Class 4A State Playoffs at the end of the week. There are going to be 3 broken hearted communities come Saturday morning.

the winner of the Haywood/Dyersburg game will be the 29th team to advance into the TSSAA State Playoffs

..........that leaves us with 3 playoff spots remaining

Hillcrest plays Fairley

Ripley plays Obion

Sycamore plays White House

Chattanooga Central plays East Hamilton

Should all 4 of those teams win their games this week then there is going to be 1 team at 5-5 overall that misses the State Playoffs. If 3 of the 4 teams win then it will be obvious which 3 teams qualify for the State Playoffs. If 2 (or more) of those teams happen to lose this week then the bracketology this Friday night will come down between the following teams (in this case all of these teams would be 4-6 overall at the end of the season):

Hillcrest

Ripley

Sycamore

Chattanooga Christian

Haywood/Dyersburg LOSER

and..........Knoxville Carter (4-6)

NOW SOMEBODY TELL ME WHICH 3 OF THOSE 6 TEAMS WOULD BE MORE DESERVING OF THE STATE PLAYOFFS THAN THE OTHERS IF THEY WERE ALL TO GO (4-6) THIS SEASON............... dry.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sycamore loses this week in other words..........

a.) they need to hope that East Hamilton beats Chatt. Central

b.) they need to hope that Fairley beats Hillcrest

c.) they need to hope that Obion County beats Ripley

****if all 3 of those teams I place in BOLDED print win their games this week + Sycamore loses to White House then the War Eagles would automatically be eliminated from playoff contention****

****if 2 of the 3 of them win then Sycamore has a shot for 1 spot remaining****

****if 1 of the 3 of them win then Sycamore has a shot for 2 spots remaining****

****if 0 of the 3 of them win then Sycamore has a shot for 3 spots remaining****

Any truth to the rumor that the starting QB is off the team at White House?

Did Greenwade get kicked off the team????? If so then Sycamore is about to win this one going away. I just don't think White House is good enough to line up and manhandle the War Eagles without the threat of a passing game.

Hmmmm. 200+ yds and 2 td passes with #6 at qb vs. sprigfield in 3 quarters, i think the passing game will be fine if you asked me. :thumb:

He is also the starting punter, that will hurt the team too..as there were a few shankapotamus punts last week after #10s departure..I don't think the QB position will be in as much jeopardy as some of you might think...truth be told the 2nd string QB has been in a position to be the starter since day one of spring practice this yr. Now, it is his time to shine. He came in toward the end of the 2nd quarter of the Springfield game last Friday and took over the game. Can you say "arm strength". So, I promise you, this wont be an issue. What else can happen this season.... geez >??

Good luck Blue Devils,from the other side.