WGHS 2009 Greene Co Champs!

WGHS93

Personally, i think it is a joke to consider yourself county champions. Greeneville is in Greene County, Greeneville players make the all-county team, and Greeneville demolished West Greene, South Greene, and Chuckey Doak. So it goes without saying what they would do if they played North Greene. And we never said were not county, you all are the ones saying were city not county and how much better our school is... our stuff is better but really their is nothing we can do bout it. Want us to not accept all the nice stuff and good athletes?? I doubt anyone would ever do that. SO GREENEVILLE IS THE GREENE COUNTY CHAMPS!!! Sorry.....

Why do you have a problem with it this year?This Co Championship has been going on for 30 years and Greeneville has not had a problem until this year!

The problem was the story headline, wording and the fact that Greeneville is playing 3 of the 4 county schools this year. I always thought it wasn't a true county championship since Greeneville wasn't included but Greeneville was not playing the county schools at the time so it seemed innocuous. HOWEVER, the Sun has been milking the new alignment and the beginnings of this new rivalry all season.I bet they used the Greeneville @ WG game to sell newspapers for at least 3 days. And 1 week after we disassemble CD....poof!!!! WG is the County Champions even though they lost to Greeneville which is, as much as you all would like to deny it, the COUNTY SEAT. The only arguement you all have is we didn't play NG...OK you win. We'll stick to whipping up on all you 2a teams and leave the 1a team so you can be County Champions.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic