Creek Wood @ Cheatham

tripleoption21

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham is going to fight hard and give it their best. This is the final game for this young football team to gain more experience before they really get after it in the weight room in a few weeks. Over the last 2 games the Cubs have fought hard and gotten better I believe. In the Camden game they played well in sloppy conditions. In the Waverly game they dominated it statistically but some costly errors inside the red zone proved to be critical to their chances of winning. The defense played great. I hope Creek Wood plays their main guys for at least a half because I want to see how our youngsters stack up against their seniors in this "final test" before preparations towards next season begin. Coach Finley will no doubt have the guys ready to play hard.

Congrats to Creek Wood on winning a District Championship!!!!!

my bet is that Cw will play there starters until they get a comfortable lead. Would not be suprised if Blaine Hooper and Kimo odom were pulled after a quarter, if they already have a lead.

But Who knows since Cw has not beaten Cheatham in 3 years, and have actually been embaressed 2 of the 3 times, i would also not be suprised if The starters play 3 quarters or into the 4th. I know the seniors for cw really want to beat cheatham..

Feild Conditons will have alot to do with the outcome

Good feild/starters play Cw-41 Cheatham-7

Mudfest/starters out Cw-20 Cheatham-6

I look for Bell to get quite a few carries this game. He's been out a while and the coaches probably want to get him back in tune with the offense. Odom was a little banged up after the Camden game. I look for him to play very little if he plays at all. Hooper will stay out there to try to get more in sync with Bell and depending on if Lee is healthy may play into the third quarter. I feel the linemen will play to halftime at least maybe longer. Most of the starters will play at least til the half. :thumb:

It is Sunday night and already people are talking and they have not a clue. Let me put this to a rest right now. Creek Wood has the upmost respect for Coach Finley and the Cubs. The Cubs are getting better with every ballgame. Coach Finley does a fantastic job year in and year out. Creek Wood and Cheatham have developed a good rivalry, but the Cubs have basically owned the Red Hawks, winning 4 of the 6 games played. '03: CCCHS 27 CW 14, '04: CW 35 CCCHS 24, '05: CW 28 CCCHS 20, '06: CCCHS 42 CW 15, '07: CCCHS 21 CW 14, and in '08: CCCHS 21 CW 19. As you can see, the Cubs have won 3 in a row in the series. The Red Hawk coaching staff WILL NOT overlook Cheatham County. To the best of my knowledge, you don't overlook someone who has owned you in the past. :excl: While on the subject of the game. With the rain supposedly moving in again on Friday, has anyone in Ashland City talked about moving the game to Thursday? :excl: Good luck to both teams.

Yep. I agree. Creekwood's seniors aren't looking at this years record. They are looking at 0 for Cheatham. They'll want to play and they'll get to until the game is in hand. Cheatham's strength is their defense in my opinion. Their youth shows more on the offensive side of the ball.

It's not a scrimmage. It's a game. CW's coaching staff will treat it as such.

Yep. I agree. Creekwood's seniors aren't looking at this years record. They are looking at 0 for Cheatham. They'll want to play and they'll get to until the game is in hand. Cheatham's strength is their defense in my opinion. Their youth shows more on the offensive side of the ball.

It's not a scrimmage. It's a game. CW's coaching staff will treat it as such.

yeah i have a feeling that you are right, fans wanna see a W but you know the players want this one bad. this game is usually a tough one every year. id like to see CW play the starters the whole game and go for the dub!!! :excl:

It is Sunday night and already people are talking and they have not a clue. Let me put this to a rest right now. Creek Wood has the upmost respect for Coach Finley and the Cubs. The Cubs are getting better with every ballgame. Coach Finley does a fantastic job year in and year out. Creek Wood and Cheatham have developed a good rivalry, but the Cubs have basically owned the Red Hawks, winning 4 of the 6 games played. '03: CCCHS 27 CW 14, '04: CW 35 CCCHS 24, '05: CW 28 CCCHS 20, '06: CCCHS 42 CW 15, '07: CCCHS 21 CW 14, and in '08: CCCHS 21 CW 19. As you can see, the Cubs have won 3 in a row in the series. The Red Hawk coaching staff WILL NOT overlook Cheatham County. To the best of my knowledge, you don't overlook someone who has owned you in the past. :lol: While on the subject of the game. With the rain supposedly moving in again on Friday, has anyone in Ashland City talked about moving the game to Thursday? :thumb: Good luck to both teams.

Chill Bird9 you just repeated pretty much what i was saying, Cw will not overlook the cubs bc they have been beaten badly the last 3 years. I know for a fact that every Cw senior wants to play the entire game, and beat cheatham has bad has humanly possible (tyler Adkinson mostly). And i also know they have great Respect for Cheatham. Tremendous coaches. old Cw coach hatley is there.

Moving the game to thursday would be a great idea, but for now there calling for rain thursday and friday.

So what about moving it to Tonight :thumb: Or to Creek Wood, way better field and we have Visitor bleachers

I agree Cheatham does always play hard, and will hit you no matter what. Their never a let down, just because they have had a down year this year that doesn't mean Creekwood can come out flat. But i believe CW will come out strong like they have been all year, and coming off a huge District Title win against Camden. I have CW winning this one, their talent on both sides of the ball, and upfront on both sides of the ball are too much for Cheatham. Their just a young team this year!! I look forward to the Redhawks winning this one by a couple TD's, and resting their players, and making a run in the playoffs :roflolk: Go Redhawks!!

Gameday is almost here..........it will be the final test for this group of kids before the 2010 preperations officially begin with workouts (probably following Thanksgiving & certainly following Christmas). It may not seem like it to the casual observer but I have had a lot of fun calling the games for this young Cubs team all season long. There have been some highs such as going to Montgomery Central and getting a win. They games against Greenbrier & Waverly were really tight contests that went down to the final minute before the outcome was decided. I will also add that seeing this young bunch give Camden all they could handle for a half was a great sight to see. The season has had it down moments as well such as the games at Harpeth & at Stewart County. Despite those struggles the team will be better for it in the end because they were tremendous learning experiences. Cheatham will be back in the upper class of the district next season and I can't wait to see the maturation of several of these talented freshmen. The real prize will be watching what coach Finley and the staff can do with these guys as juniors and seniors in 2011 & 2012. I believe that if they improve and stick together then this program could be among the state's elite in all of Class 3A during those 2 years. That is a LONG WAY down the road but it does give this football fan something to look forward to for a while to come.

I want to say congrats to Creek Wood on a fine season and winning the district title. Nobody was a real believer in those guys when they were 1-9 last year but coach Daniel & company did an outstanding job over the off-season and they came back this year ready to do some big things. Those 23 seniors who stuck with it deserve to be called champions.

I want to say congrats to Camden on a great 9-1 season as well. I look for the Lions to be a big threat to Milan out of the western half of the bracket this postseason. Coach Ward & company have built a powerhouse football program there and they will continue to be good for a long time to come.

I also want to wish both Harpeth & Stewart County the best of luck. I expect for both of those teams to somehow get into the playoffs when the brackets are released this week. Harpeth has some great players and they have gone through their growing pains for quite sometime. I am glad to see those seniors get to have some success. With their offense they could be a tough out in the opening round of the playoffs. Stewart County plays the game the way it was meant to be played which is hard nosed and very physical. Coach Holliday & company have built a strong program in their time in Dover and nobody can say that they ever thought that to be possible. This will be the Rebels 3rd consecutive trip to the postseason and the strong group of seniors at SCHS this year will forever be remembered for what they did in turning football into a real contender in Dover. Whoever plays them in the playoffs this year better be ready for a physical style of play.

I HAVE LOVED MEETING ALL OF THE COACHES, PLAYERS, SCHOOL PERSONEL, & FANS FROM ALL OF THESE SCHOOLS THROUGHOUT THIS SEASON & CAN'T WAIT TO CONTINUE THIS NEWLY BORN RIVALRIES AGAIN IN 2010 :huh: