Dobyns Bennett vs Volunteer

BatmanDB

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read something recently saying that DB would host its first round playoff game regardless of its record? That would be great, but this playoff stuff is now very strange.

I really don't think many people know how it will play out until the matchups come out this weekend.Noththing will shock me about who plays who and where.

Did I read something recently saying that DB would host its first round playoff game regardless of its record? That would be great, but this playoff stuff is now very strange.

No way Jose!! Almost a lock that the Indians will travel to play Sevier County in Round 1... I for one like that match up and am glad for the road game. Our Home Playoff Record in not good over the past 6 years or so... we owe the Smokey Bears.

Whip the Falcons first

Roll Tribe Roll

Volunteer will show up and play hard for 4 quarters come friday night. I think Rider with have them fired up to play their last game of the season. I have a lot of respect for those boys for not giving up when things have went so wrong for them. Volunteer has a good group of young men on the team. Go luck to the Falcons.

I thing DB has a good team and has played a tough schedule. They are starting to come around at the right time. They could upset some teams in the playoffs.

Who all is out for Volunteer.Many weeks ago,I know a lot of your key players were hurt.I know your kids will play as hard as they can to make this a great ending to their season. I hope our guys understand that every practice and the game with Volunteer is a chance to add some momentum.If we come out flat,I will be shocked.It may not look important to some,but it is the last time a lot of players will get a chance to play football.Good luck to your senior players as they take on the world

Since week four we have been missing 8 starters and a couple of backups for the season. Four or five season ending surgeries included.

This bunch has fought hard and some of the younger guys have stepped up and looked impressive at times, but this has been too big of an obstacle to overcome. We lost another starter for this week on Friday night. This bunch will practice hard and play hard and have not quit in any of the games this season. For that we are proud and will remember this team for never quitting or giving up. Frustrating? Yes , most definitely. I have watched this group of seniors for their entire lives and am proud of each of them. I know as a complete unit they would have won some games this year.They will play hard Friday Night and will not quit. We hope they can keep the game respectable and we will cheer for every last one of them as for many this is their last game. I wish you guys the best in the playoffs.

No way Jose!! Almost a lock that the Indians will travel to play Sevier County in Round 1... I for one like that match up and am glad for the road game. Our Home Playoff Record in not good over the past 6 years or so... we owe the Smokey Bears.

Whip the Falcons first

Roll Tribe Roll

Well that at least makes sense. And I agree I like that matchup. We get our shot to avenge the earlier loss, and the road playoff game will be good experience for the underclassmen. And if we can win and get another game, so much the better.

I had to miss the last away playoff game,so I hope to be able to make this one if we travel.I've not met a fan yet that is not happy to be in the first round this year.The record means squat when you get to this point.The time is now and this 2009 team.I just hope we give 100% and do the best we can.A playoff win would be fantastic and that's what we want.Roll Tribe Roll

I had to miss the last away playoff game,so I hope to be able to make this one if we travel.I've not met a fan yet that is not happy to be in the first round this year.The record means squat when you get to this point.The time is now and this 2009 team.I just hope we give 100% and do the best we can.A playoff win would be fantastic and that's what we want.Roll Tribe Roll

If there's one team in the state that knows records and rankings don't mean squat once you get to the playoffs, it's DB. :roflol: I'm sure I'll get some nice responses but I had to do it. Sorry guys.

If there's one team in the state that knows records and rankings don't mean squat once you get to the playoffs, it's DB. :roflol: I'm sure I'll get some nice responses but I had to do it. Sorry guys.

DB has had more serious runs in the last ten or twelve years than pretty much anyone in the area.Facts are facts,and we have dropped the ball a few times as well.Making the playoffs is the first order every year,and not everyone can say they have been up to par on that !! Very few have won it all in this part of the state,and none of the guys playing were even born when that happenedl last,so I don't think anyone around here should crow to loud!!

If there's one team in the state that knows records and rankings don't mean squat once you get to the playoffs, it's DB. :blush: I'm sure I'll get some nice responses but I had to do it. Sorry guys.

Since you know DB's playoff record so well, care to elaborate on South's? How many 1st rounds, 2nd rounds, quarter finals or finals? You don't have to go into much detail - just the highlights! :hungry:

WaCo... when I first saw Volunteer back on DB's Football Schedule, I imagined you and your Hawkins County buddies just going at it... but that sure has not materialized. Where did all of your Falcon friends go?

Senior Night for the Indians... Good luck #13 Raffe Cleary, I sure am proud of the way you have become a team leader and a heck of a football player. Pound for pound, I would take a whole team just like you.

Roll Tribe Roll