Livingston Academy @ DeKalb County

Speeding2Live

I am not making excuses so don't say anything about that, but wow I have NEVER in my life seen officiating as terrible as tonight. Horrible. And a huge change in the game came when DC was going for a score to tie the game and the ball clearly bounces off the ground (I was 4 feet away from it against the fence) into the hands of a LA player and they call it an interception. Thats puts LA up by two touchdowns when it could've been tied up. Then a DC receiver almost gets his head ripped off by a face mask and they don't call anything at all. A DC guy barely grazes an LA player and they call it a late hit, but a few plays later a DC player is plowed after the play and no call is made at all. And I'm not sure who is over the clock management but it was horrible. One second the clock is ticking for no reason and the next it's stopped after 40 unecessary seconds are taken off the clock. Poteete is limping all over the place and even though he has all day to throw and the line is holding up he can't get leverage to throw because of his ankle and he had wide open guys but just couldn't get it there and the coach just leaves him in knowing he has a worthy back up QB which really seemed stupid to me.

Yeah that does not sound like excuses to me either... :blink:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not making excuses so don't say anything about that, but wow I have NEVER in my life seen officiating as terrible as tonight. Horrible. And a huge change in the game came when DC was going for a score to tie the game and the ball clearly bounces off the ground (I was 4 feet away from it against the fence) into the hands of a LA player and they call it an interception. Thats puts LA up by two touchdowns when it could've been tied up. Then a DC receiver almost gets his head ripped off by a face mask and they don't call anything at all. A DC guy barely grazes an LA player and they call it a late hit, but a few plays later a DC player is plowed after the play and no call is made at all. And I'm not sure who is over the clock management but it was horrible. One second the clock is ticking for no reason and the next it's stopped after 40 unecessary seconds are taken off the clock. Poteete is limping all over the place and even though he has all day to throw and the line is holding up he can't get leverage to throw because of his ankle and he had wide open guys but just couldn't get it there and the coach just leaves him in knowing he has a worthy back up QB which really seemed stupid to me.

watched clip of the "interception" last night and it was a bounce. did not watch the rest of the video so i cant say if the rest of the stuff was good or bad just know the interception was not an interception.

Great win for LA. More importantly a convincing win. The best team won last night without question.

Congrats to the Seniors on a successful season thus far.

The Cats are playing as a team at the right time, remember 05...anything is possible. In most cases it's who wants it the most.

I want to give a shout out to the guys that have carried this team all year, and thats the O-Line and D-Line. Without you LA would not be where they are right now.

Not making excusses? Dekalb got beat because they could not stop the veer.

:blink:

Not making excuses? Won by three touchdowns guess that was a total fluke on your home field? We brought a three man rush and got to Poteete all night. And completely shut down the zone read. So before you start crying for flags go watch the film and check out our d-line gettin held all night! We still made plays though and got to the qb. And im sure the refs had to do with all the dropped passes your team had to. If you wanna watch film and complain check out your boys trying to hurt #58 when we went to victory formation classy move. Oh and i guess the refs had to do with us running right up the middle all night and rippin you. Its ok though best of luck in the playoffs.

Big shout to Trace and Kilgore and the rest of the O and D line played lights out. Looks like LA is hittin there stride the right time of year lets hope we can keep it up in the next few weeks. And Poteete is a player kid looked good on one leg love to watch him when he was healthy best of luck in the playoffs dekalb hope we meet again.

See, I knew this whole Poteete isn't healthy excuse would come up. Reminds me of a situation in Vol land not too long ago with Crompton replacing Ainge, even though Erik could have played against LSU. They still lost, but Crompton gave them the best chance to win. If he couldn't get it done, he shouldn't have played. Then though, we would have heard how him not playing changed everything. He looked decent to me, not spectacular, healthy or not. Congrats to the CATS, playoff bound for the first time since the gold. :roflol:

See, I knew this whole Poteete isn't healthy excuse would come up. Reminds me of a situation in Vol land not too long ago with Crompton replacing Ainge, even though Erik could have played against LSU. They still lost, but Crompton gave them the best chance to win. If he couldn't get it done, he shouldn't have played. Then though, we would have heard how him not playing changed everything. He looked decent to me, not spectacular, healthy or not. Congrats to the CATS, playoff bound for the first time since the gold. :roflol:

I dont think anyone is taking away from LA. They did what they had to do to get a win. Everyone knew that defending the run is a weak point for DC. I think he was just stating a fact that poteete was hurt. I am sure it would have been hard to look spectacular hobbling around on a bummed ankle all night. I think the kid played with heart and hurt or not he stuck it out through the game. kudos to him for that. Congrats to la for makin it to playoffs

Oh I agree, he looked well. He threw for over 300. But, not spectacular. Maybe it was the injury. Maybe it was something else, but I was just slightly impressed. Hope DC gets in, BUT, I'm waiting for my trashman D1 to say something, because for 10 weeks, I have heard nothing but smack. Time for Peter to pay Paul my friend.

Congratulations to Livingston on the win. They played just like I thought they would, physical. DeKalb has nothing to hang their head about. Given the sucess of the last two seasons compared to the last 20 years or so. I was really hoping DeKalb could pull a win out and get a home playoff game. DeKalb runs a style of offensive that can be competitive for years to come, but the defense has got to get better. When DeKalb plays a physical running team they come out on the short end of the stick. Whenever this season comes to an end the DeKalb coaches need to take next years defensive guys and start weight training immediately. DeKalb's defense has to get stronger and more physical even if they have to feed them gunpowder and nails.

Oh I agree, he looked well. He threw for over 300. But, not spectacular. Maybe it was the injury. Maybe it was something else, but I was just slightly impressed. Hope DC gets in, BUT, I'm waiting for my trashman D1 to say something, because for 10 weeks, I have heard nothing but smack. Time for Peter to pay Paul my friend.

King21, you are a silly [person]... D1 has only provided facts, stats, and opinions and I believe D1 has done an outstanding job of that during this season... I never read anything from D1 that remotely implied "trash". However, I will provide you with a little "trash". I would love to buckle it up one more time and take down the "King21"... There you go big boy, I just took out the "Trash"! :angry::thumb:

If you wanna watch film and complain check out your boys trying to hurt #58 when we went to victory formation classy move.

I happen to be lucky enough to attend the game last night and I must say, when did a defensive player knocking down an offensive lineman during the victory formation become a penalty? Oh that is right, it is not a penalty!!! Just because the guy got schooled at the end of the game does not mean the tigers showed no class… I think one of the tigers helped him up afterwards!!! :thumb: