Stewart Co. @ Harpeth

BOD

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 6 wins, Stewart County is in the playoffs regardless, while Harpeth needs this win to get in it looks like. There are scenarios where Harpeth could get in with a loss, but they need help from other teams across the state. I don't think they want to come in the back door.

I like the way Harpeth has been playing of late. They've settled into their roles as the season has progressed and gotten better defensively. Still, the reason they haven't already locked up a playoff spot is lack of execution, stupid penalties and other miscues that put them in a tailspin during the 4 game losing streak. They are very deep and talented on offense when they are hitting on all cylinders and the defense has really come along.

I haven't seen Stewart Co. play at all and comparing scores of common opponents is dangerous business. I do think that fighting for a playoff spot gives the Indians the needed incentive to play well in this game.

Harpeth has a lot of momentum right now playing their best football of the year. The Harpeth team we have seen the past 4 games is the team we expected to see all along. Their defense is really playing well, and their offense has been nothing short of outstanding. If they continue to do what they are doing, they should be in good shape. Haven't seen SC, and they have a good record so I know they are capable also. It ought to be a good competitive game.

I look for this to be a close one. The Indians offense is very explosive and they have some mismatches against the Rebels (especially with Horkins). The Rebels are going to try to pound the football whether it be out of the stack I or out of double slot with their option attack. Voss runs the option very effectively.

If it's a low scoring ground and pound type of game then I would take Stewart County HOWEVER I see this one becoming a shootout and I would be shocked if the Rebels are able to match the Indians score for score.

Harpeth: 35

Stewart: 21

ummm... Saw both of these teams play when they came to Creek Wood. Stewart gave cw more of a game than harpeth. stewart runs the same offense has Cw(just not as good) but it whichgave harpeth trouble. Dont think stewarts secondary is very strong but they have good linebackers and line. Sets up to be a close game.

Not sure on who will win but il go with harpeth(regretfully)

Harpeth-28

Stewart-20

ummm... Saw both of these teams play when they came to Creek Wood. Stewart gave cw more of a game than harpeth. stewart runs the same offense has Cw(just not as good) but it whichgave harpeth trouble. Dont think stewarts secondary is very strong but they have good linebackers and line. Sets up to be a close game.

Not sure on who will win but il go with harpeth(regretfully)

Harpeth-28

Stewart-20

You didn't see Harpeth's senior quarterback at the CW game either.

Comparing like opponents isn't going to get us far. Montgomery Central took Stewart Co. to overtime and by all accounts should have won the game. Harpeth beats MC 49-7. Stewart Co. and Harpeth lost to the top 2 teams in the district and beat the bottom 3. That part is apples to apples. The game will come down to matchups.