Stewart Co. @ Harpeth

BOD

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates?

Got word Harpeth won, which means Lewis will be going to either Camden or Manassas.

Appreciate the info. I have talked to a few around the area and all are saying it is a mess to play in tonight. A lot of fields were already soaked before this rain. I'm sure some outcome might have been affected by the weather.

Any updates?

Got word Harpeth won, which means Lewis will be going to either Camden or Manassas.

Appreciate the info. I have talked to a few around the area and all are saying it is a mess to play in tonight. A lot of fields were already soaked before this rain. I'm sure some outcome might have been affected by the weather.

Looks like Lewis will be headed to Camden.

A messy track tonight. Special teams and defense were the key for Harpeth. Harpeth had 50 yards of total offense and Stewart Co. 35 in a steady rain and slippery footing. The difference was that Harpeth's punter Jeremy Roark got all of his punts off and several were downed inside the 10. Stewart County had 3 blocked punts on the night and all of Harpeth's touchdowns were defensive ones. Jacob Conatser picked up a fumble at about the 2 and ran it in for the first score. Nathan Foriest blocked a punt and ran it in for another and Will Bradshaw jumped on a fumble in the end zone for the 3rd. Owen Canady who has been perfect on the year on extra point attempts was 0 for 2 and 0 for 2 on field goal attempts as well.

It was slippery on both sides of the ball with both teams fumbling numerous times and Stewart Co. throwing 3 interceptions to boot. I think there was one completed pass on the night completely neutralizing Harpeth's Roark to Horkins passing combo. One really bad call against Stewart Co. on an interception return by Harpeth that resulted in a fumble where Harpeth's DB was ruled down? Nobody else on either side saw it that way. On the other hand, a couple of roughing the passer penalties kept SC drives alive when it was impossible to stop. Water got into several of the light fixtures with one stoppage in play while the remaining lights came back on line. The field was totalled. It was football. Both teams made it into the playoffs so it's all good.

Where the heck is Bledsoe County? Sounds like a road trip.