2a Playoff Picture following week nine (with seedings)

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... The more I think I understand it the less I know.

I hear ya Man. I don't think they thought this whole process out. By not maintaining region alliances as they do in every other sport TSSAA has opened up a whole can of worms and opened themselves up to almost certain criticism. NOBODY likes the uncertainty this system has created. The whole problem would of been avoided if they maintained all Automatic qualifiers from District 1-8 will be East side of Bracket and all Automatic Qualifiers in District 9-16 will remain in the West. If only 10 or 11 Auto Qualify from either side, the highest Wildcard from that side will fill in until they reach 12 on both sides. Everyone would know on day one who their likely playoff opponents would be.

One other provision that should of been made;

If you are in the Larger sub-division of a District (2a, 4a, 6a) and finish below 500 you cannot qualify if there is a Wildcard team with a better record. No exceptions. If your a larger school and can't finish above 500 you shouldn't be able to knock a 6-4 team out of the playoffs.

Wouldn't be fair to attach that rule to the smaller class teams in the subdivision. :roflol::roflolk:

C11 in your opion will TSSAA leave district 5 in tact next year. With David Brainerd closing this year so close to the start of the season they had to leave it alone this year. D5 only have 4 teams do they reorganize or leave it alone until 2011.

I don't know about that, Buc. My hope is they see the many flaws such as the District 16 mess and make corrections ASAP when the season ends.

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

If Rockwood beats Harriman there would be a 3 way tie in the district and Rockwood would win the tie breaker and they are a 2nd place qualifier........and quad 1 would look like this

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Rockwood

4. Oliver Springs

5. Cosby/Unaka

6. Tellico Plains

Rockwood would be 3rd because they have 3 wins over .500 teams...... OS will only have 1

1st Round

Cosby/Unaka @ Rockwood (Winner goes to Oneida)

Oliver Springs @ Tellico Plains (Winner goes to Hampton)

If the first round is the 3-6 seeds, wouldn't the 3 seed host the 6 seed and the 4 host the 5??

Guys, the TSSAA has gotten everything they wanted out of the Z plan. INTEREST. Look at all the discussion that has been generated over the last few weeks about who will be in and who will be out. Not only that but the extra games and TV selection show will also generate a whole lot more revenue for the people in Hermitage. I just hope it will all be settled on Sat. morning. I just hope my Riverside Panthers will have a home ballgame.

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

If Rockwood beats Harriman there would be a 3 way tie in the district and Rockwood would win the tie breaker and they are a 2nd place qualifier........and quad 1 would look like this

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Rockwood

4. Oliver Springs

5. Cosby/Unaka

6. Tellico Plains

Rockwood would be 3rd because they have 3 wins over .500 teams...... OS will only have 1

1st Round

Cosby/Unaka @ Rockwood (Winner goes to Oneida)

Oliver Springs @ Tellico Plains (Winner goes to Hampton)

If the first round is the 3-6 seeds, wouldn't the 3 seed host the 6 seed and the 4 host the 5??

Normally....yes......but there is a rule that says two teams from the same district can't play each other in the first round......Rockwood and Tellico are in the same district

So after last night Unaka will be in the playoffs as well as Marion Co after defeating Lookout Valley.

So that should lock the 24 teams in 2A

Hampton/Oneida/Oliver Springs/Unaka/Tellico Plains/Rockwood/Boyd/Cascade/Signal Mountain/

Forrest/Marion Co/Silverdale/Trousdale Co/FCS/East Robertson/Mt Pleasant/WHH/Watertown/

McKenzie/Adamsville/Douglass/Riverside/Westwood/Humboldt

Is that correct? Now the TSSAA has to put them in the quads.......

You know. Buc, the more I look at this possibility the more flaws I see in it. If Cascade or Forrest were to be fortunate enough to win Quad 2 that would mean a 4.5 hour or more drive to a likely semi-final game against Hampton. It would also mean an extremely long drive for McKenzie or whoever from Quad 4 all the way to Trousdale.

I'd be surprised if the powers that be would make those fan bases travel that much considering they moved the Championship further East anyway. With Tennessee being a MUCH bigger State East to West than it is North to South it make more since to break quads 2 and 3 down in the the traditional East to West lines. That way no fan base would have to make that extreme drive in the Semi's

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

Quad 2

1. Boyd Buchanan

2. Cascade

3. Signal Mountain

4. Forrest

5. Marion County

6. Silverdale

Quad 3

1. Trousdale County

2. Friendship Christian

3. East Robertson

4. Mount Pleasant

5. White House-Heritage

6. Watertown

Quad 4

1. McKenzie

2. Adamsville

3. Douglass

4. Riverside

5. Westwood

6. Humboldt

C11.....in looking at your scenerio above and the map TSSAA provides would it not be closer for Forrest to be in the Q3 and Mt Pleasant in the Q2? Just wondering?