State Tournament Predictions

orcat

You may be right Orcat! The big defference there is that DB played them at home, they could beat the Russians at home I think! Rwood beat them on a neutral court.

I agree about Red Bank, If they were in AAA they would be one of the 4-5 best teams in the tournament as well. That final will be a really good one.

Sure wish the TSAAA wouldnt play these games during the day...that's another story though.

Yep. But, if they did, all this would probably happen:

- Gate $ would increase

- Concession $ale$ would increase

- Parking > better?

- Parents who must work (and can't get off, especially in this job market) would be able to attend

- Volunteers who work could save vacation days/time off AND still be involved

- Fellow students and siblings wouldn't have to miss school (see our states' academic scores for more info)

- Crowds would be bigger (more excitement...more school spirit...more fun and more memories!)

Hmmm, nobody ever accused them of being smart. And you'd think with $ involved, it'd be a no-brainer, but... :thumb:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orcat, just wishful thinking I guess. Maybe Karns will meet up again with Ravenwood before its over. You were right about one thing though, three straight 25-13, 25-22, 25-9 just the wrong way. You just never know what might happen. I'm glad Karns managed to win their next match. Going home at the end of day 1 would have really been disappointing. Good luck, tomorrow.

A little late:

A - Loretto/Boyd winner.. may see a re-match in finals

AA- Page.. by a mile

AAA- Ravenwood in a great final

DII A- Knox Webb (solely on record)

DII AA- SBA in a 5 set heartbreaker with Father Ryan... SBA has got a LOT of heart

I take it you haven't seen Red Bank this year? How 'bout Boyd?

No doubt or they would not be here...but DB has real talent...Ravenwood has real talent....whole different level than others. DB was more than impressive today...great coaching, kids and parents...My question is why does DB have to come to state to see Karns.....Karns and a few others would do well to get out of their little Knoxville box....its a whole differnet world.

Can't believe yall are leaving out Loretto for the state championship, especially you PageMan. Those Lady Mustangs have been DOMINATING this year.

Go Mustangs!

LADY MUSTANGS DEFEATED SUMMERTOWN AND SIGNAL MOUNTAIN TO FINISH AS STATE RUNNER-UP!!

WAY TO GO LADY MUSTANGS!!! What a great season!

No doubt or they would not be here...but DB has real talent...Ravenwood has real talent....whole different level than others. DB was more than impressive today...great coaching, kids and parents...My question is why does DB have to come to state to see Karns.....Karns and a few others would do well to get out of their little Knoxville box....its a whole differnet world.

Hikerman -- check the Karns schedule -- they did get out of their Knoxville box -- During the preseason they traveled to Tuscaloosa for Univ of Alabama High School Challenge Camp; to Chattanooga for a Pre Season play day; and Liberty University (VA) for team camp.

During the season they traveled to King College Border Bash and won it (saw teams from upper ET, South Carolina, etc. -- but DB was elsewhere); traveled to Charleston, SC to play state champions in that state -- came in 2nd; traveled to Greenwood, Kentucky where they saw Ravenwood.

Unfortunately, when they got to Murfreesboro, I think we saw some first time at state jitters, but they return FIVE starters that probably learned a LOT this week. They'll be TOUGH in 2010 :wacko:

Announcements