Refs hating on Alcoa

AlcoaPride2010

the officials for the Alcoa-CAK game were some of the worst i have ever seen. facemask on the opening kick-off. defensive holding to call back a int. 35 yard penalty on Alcoa's first drive, pass interference every other incompletion. missed kick-catch interference on a hit by a cak player on a defensless returner, and so on. seems like a cak booster made a generous donation to the zebra exibit at the knoxville zoo. does anyone have an opinion on the poor officiating.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the officials for the Alcoa-CAK game were some of the worst i have ever seen. facemask on the opening kick-off. defensive holding to call back a int. 35 yard penalty on Alcoa's first drive, pass interference every other incompletion. missed kick-catch interference on a hit by a cak player on a defensless returner, and so on. seems like a cak booster made a generous donation to the zebra exibit at the knoxville zoo. does anyone have an opinion on the poor officiating.

Well, did they facemask and hold on the first drive, or not? If they did it should be called no matter the time in the game.

Alcoa plays an agressive style on offense and defense. At home the Blount County crews let them play and are not ticky-tacky in calling fouls. This helps Alcoa. I think officials that do not see Alcoa very often just do not understand how dominate their players really are. When you see them in person, they are very agressive with their hands ecspecially of the OL and DL. On special teams, the speed of the game catches officials off guard. The Tornadoes, like or hate them are on another level.

Did Alcoa really expect to get any calls at CAK? The only reason the game was close was because of penalities. 15 for Alcoa 3 for CAK. I am sure in the Air Raid, they could have called holding every play.

I hate to see Alcoa fans downs on the ref's; they did what they thought to be their best job in this game. Being a referee is alot harder than it appears to be. Even though some calls were controversial, a championship team overcomes those barriers and can still come out with a win. Our kids make mistakes and so do the officials as they are all human.

Adversarial calls? Yes, some were for both sides. Adapt........adjust........and come home a winner. That should be Alcoa's insight on how to win against all opponents (zebras and teams).