Camden Lions vs. Lewis Co. Panthers

Ctownfootball

Lewis Co.'s 1st round playoff loss was just icing on top of the cupcake schedule they played.

For the record, playing up means a 2A team playing 3A-5A teams. Like Alcoa plays Maryville. Lewis Co. plays down to 1A teams and gets 3 losses this year. That only prepares you to be one and done.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis Co.'s 1st round playoff loss was just icing on top of the cupcake schedule they played.

For the record, playing up means a 2A team playing 3A-5A teams. Like Alcoa plays Maryville. Lewis Co. plays down to 1A teams and gets 3 losses this year. That only prepares you to be one and done.

Dude, you and terminator need some serious help with your obsession with Lewis County Football!!

Now pay attention.....I know you hate to have to deal with facts.....Lewis played up this year......Giles, Page, Springhill and Marshall also. 3 of the 4 in the play offs and look at Giles ranking. Lewis starting backfield consisted of 2 soph. and 2 jrs. As far as the 1a schools.......All are in the playoffs also. Wayne is ranked I beleive 2nd in that divison. Why don't you just get off this board and go make a fool out of yourself somewhere else. You act like a child with wet diapers.....go get them changed and see if it makes you feel better.

First off.....there are 5 of us that post under this name, so I'm sure you will get some other post before this board ends. Camden showed why they were 9-1. They were they better team. In the first half Lewis appeared to be able to play with Camden. The second off was a whole different story. The turn over on the first half kick off sort of set the tone for the half. Camden you have a good team and with the class of your players and coaches.....a great team. I talked to one of the stat crew that was at the game and he told me Lewis had a player hurt and they didn't have any medical staff there. Camdens Medical staff stepped right in and help the player out so he was able to return to the game, not quite 100% be at least was able to play.....I want to thank you and your staff. This was his last game and he was able to finish. I was told by member of the stat that you had a special QB, and he was, but you have a complete team. Wanted to wish you guys luck and hope the road takes you a long way. Coaches, players and fans were first class and you deserved the win. As a member of the stat pack, we will be pulling for you the rest of the way....."FIRST CLASS". :mrgreen:

Stat...any updates on #22 condition? Looked bad when it happened, I thought for sure he had broken his arm. I'm guessing since he was able to hang in and finish the game (the kid's a warrior) that he must have hyper-extended his elbow. Hope it's minor whatever it is...don't know many players that would have toughed that one out, last game or not. Looks like Lewis Co will be back to the team of old next year...too much talent on this squad to stay down for long. Good luck to you guys next season and maybe we can run into you guys again same time next year. :twisted:

First off.....there are 5 of us that post under this name, so I'm sure you will get some other post before this board ends. Camden showed why they were 9-1. They were they better team. In the first half Lewis appeared to be able to play with Camden. The second off was a whole different story. The turn over on the first half kick off sort of set the tone for the half. Camden you have a good team and with the class of your players and coaches.....a great team. I talked to one of the stat crew that was at the game and he told me Lewis had a player hurt and they didn't have any medical staff there. Camdens Medical staff stepped right in and help the player out so he was able to return to the game, not quite 100% be at least was able to play.....I want to thank you and your staff. This was his last game and he was able to finish. I was told by member of the stat that you had a special QB, and he was, but you have a complete team. Wanted to wish you guys luck and hope the road takes you a long way. Coaches, players and fans were first class and you deserved the win. As a member of the stat pack, we will be pulling for you the rest of the way....."FIRST CLASS". :mrgreen:

Stat...any updates on #22 condition? Looked bad when it happened, I thought for sure he had broken his arm. I'm guessing since he was able to hang in and finish the game (the kid's a warrior) that he must have hyper-extended his elbow. Hope it's minor whatever it is...don't know many players that would have toughed that one out, last game or not. Looks like Lewis Co will be back to the team of old next year...too much talent on this squad to stay down for long. Good luck to you guys next season and maybe we can run into you guys again same time next year. :twisted:

Thanks for asking. I talked to his family and they said he was doing better. He has some weakness in his hand, and closing it was still a problem but its improving every hr. It seems to be a nerve in the elbow, but if it doesn't come completely back or show positive signs of improvement they were going to have it checked out to be sure nothing was wrong. He was a senior so it was his last game, so I'm sure nothing short of a leg missing he was going to sit out. His family told me how great your staff was and also coaches and fans coming up during half time and at the end of the game asking about him, and they really appreciated it. After talking to some of the people that was at the game.....I have to agree with stat......you guys are first class...from the players, coaches and the fans. I'll pass it along to stat and the family about you asking and your nice comments for the young man. Good luck on your run. :roflol:

LC I was right yall didn't disappointment. That game was just a joy to watch it was nothing but two high school teams out there playing their hearts out, and doing so in classy ways. I always appreciate playing LC cause those are some tough boys regardless of record.

LC fans I also want to apologize for everyone who is hating on your boys. They played their hearts and unfortunately in the playoff world we all know there is only one winner. I can't wait till some of those boys mature into Seniors/Juniors should have one heck of a team :popcorneater: . Also I would like to say I admire #22 for showing his love for the game, his loyalty to his teammates and coaches, and SHOWING HOW TOUGH HE IS. That young man, deserves respect from everyone that was at the game. I'm glad to hear he's dong better and getting progressively better :hungry: . Can't wait till we meet again Panther Fans.

LC I was right yall didn't disappointment. That game was just a joy to watch it was nothing but two high school teams out there playing their hearts out, and doing so in classy ways. I always appreciate playing LC cause those are some tough boys regardless of record.

LC fans I also want to apologize for everyone who is hating on your boys. They played their hearts and unfortunately in the playoff world we all know there is only one winner. I can't wait till some of those boys mature into Seniors/Juniors should have one heck of a team :?: . Also I would like to say I admire #22 for showing his love for the game, his loyalty to his teammates and coaches, and SHOWING HOW TOUGH HE IS. That young man, deserves respect from everyone that was at the game. I'm glad to hear he's dong better and getting progressively better :lol: . Can't wait till we meet again Panther Fans.

Just wanted to thank you for a great post. I'm kin to #22 and I'm going to have him get on the board and read these post. I'm sure it will help him. He is disappointed in the outcome, but said not only himself but all the players gave it their best shot and that they lost to the better team. I talked to a couple of the players and they said your bunch was all class, didn't have to put up with all that so called smack talk they have had to over the season. What a first half that was. That is what HS football and playoffs were all about. This senior bunch has given more than any seniors have given. They were surrounded by a lot of young inexperienced players and mistakes were made, but this group of seniors just kept playing hard and leading by example, which I think in the next few years will pay off big for Lewis. The younger players got to see what effort was regardless of the situation. I also want to thank all of Camden fans, players and coaches for showing show much class. Lewis tried to give you what they could to make a game out of it. We are very proud of this group of seniors, not the ending we were hoping for, but they gave everything every game and never let up no matter what. There are some that will gloat over Lewis struggle this year, but all we can say is Thank you for a season we remember not for the record but the all out effort you boys gave all season.

Good luck to Camden...if class can win it all, you will go a very long way. 1st class everywhere, fans, players and coaches. :?:

Tough loss for the panthers. You guys have nothing to hang your heads down about. Lewis has NEVER had a team that played this hard every game. Sorry that the fans of Lewis let you down this year, they got spoiled playing weak teams. I think this year was one of the most exciting. No game was decided before it started, in fact except for a couple of halves every game was a nail biter. I know the Coaches fans won't like this, but we were out coached in quite a few games.

Like to give a big shout out to the seniors here. Because of the record not indicating how good you really were. Toughness doesn't describe just how hard, determined and never quit, even though fans, coaches (some), and previous players did. Good to hear 22 is okay, he is a warrior. He played banged up this year every game, but that was the way this senior bunch did it.

Camden wanted to congrads to you. 10-1. You have a tough game coming up and get the players fired up and focus. I hope Lewis prepared you for the next game well. After reading some of these post, you guys appear to be a First class group! Hope the Lions can get the win this coming friday, alot of us in Lewis we be pulling for you.

They played the likes of Spring Hill, Giles Co., Page and Marshall. For a team like Lewis, they have a lot of history with those smaller schools, which results in large gates for both schools. Anyone with some knowledge of the importance of gate money for small programs would understand why they schedule these games

I would think that 2nd & 3rd round playoff games would result in large gates.

What teams that are 3A-5A that made it to the Quarterfinals & Simifinals have Lewis Co. played in the last few years? I guess when a 1A teams plays you and "runs the score up", Lewis Co. fans thinks that is what "playing up" means.