Daniel Boone hosts Morristown East

formerblazer

Defense has played well at times and struggled at times. Giving up about 300 yards and 25 points per game average. But, pass defense gave up over half their yards in two games 339 against Anderson County (won 41-35) and Sevier County 401 (lost 38-27) Lost a wild game at Cleveland (56-42) when we couldn't tackle anybody. They had over 400 rushig and A-E got 318 so those two and the two passing games blow the averages out of proportion. Still have some solid defensive players who have played well. As far as qb last week, Tee did not play. Ricker was starting quarterback most of year with Tee also taking snaps there. Ricker hurt ankle against Mo West and had not played a great deal since then.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the internet and posting environment, but old pro when it comes to football, having played at Boone myself way back in the ice age. But can anybody tell me why all the accollades over that freshman running back sanders in the press? Other than being the coach's nephew/#### coache's son, don't see him doing nothing great on the field other than having most of the carries. That good old boy style coaching is really hitting pay dirt this season, huh. Don't think he's scored many tds unless he is on the 5 yd line or less, so i'm not that impressed with him. From the noise in the stands, not many other poeple are that impressed either.

After that tennesse high bomb , (what..most carries for negative yards? What a joke) don't you think it would behoove Jenkins to spread the ball around more than what he does? I guess we will see what happens in the playoffs. Not seeing a high score from this friday night. He has a good WR crew as well that is under utilized most of the time. QBs are good this year. Good coaching job there. Just left scratching my head over that obvious pull up the ranks with sanders, though.

New to the internet and posting environment, but old pro when it comes to football, having played at Boone myself way back in the ice age. But can anybody tell me why all the accollades over that freshman running back sanders in the press? Other than being the coach's nephew/#### coache's son, don't see him doing nothing great on the field other than having most of the carries. That good old boy style coaching is really hitting pay dirt this season, huh. Don't think he's scored many tds unless he is on the 5 yd line or less, so i'm not that impressed with him. From the noise in the stands, not many other poeple are that impressed either.

After that tennesse high bomb , (what..most carries for negative yards? What a joke) don't you think it would behoove Jenkins to spread the ball around more than what he does? I guess we will see what happens in the playoffs. Not seeing a high score from this friday night. He has a good WR crew as well that is under utilized most of the time. QBs are good this year. Good coaching job there. Just left scratching my head over that obvious pull up the ranks with sanders, though.

Well I would assume he is giving him experience so in the coming years he will have something. There are 5 RB's sharing time, so who cares if he isn't an all star stand out. It keeps everyone fresh and gives them experience. TD Wise, it's been shropshire, but the best runs have been by Shephard. There hasn't been a lot of Sanders in the press except from the Cherokee game. He ran hard Friday night and got about 95 yards I think. Good old boy coaching style? Look down on the sidelines and you'll see that the center is a coach's son and didn't come up till Sophmore year and no one questions what he brings to the team. Besides, if you knew Sander's dad you would no this is no goold ol boy ball, and if you knew Coach Jenkins you know he doesn't play favorites.

And what's the deal with the spread? Everyone thinks it solves everything but you need the personel. They have the recievers but I don't see a smart back or smart quick QB that can run that for boone. It would only be a passing set with a draw run...it works for South not at all for Boone.

Defense has played well at times and struggled at times. Giving up about 300 yards and 25 points per game average. But, pass defense gave up over half their yards in two games 339 against Anderson County (won 41-35) and Sevier County 401 (lost 38-27) Lost a wild game at Cleveland (56-42) when we couldn't tackle anybody. They had over 400 rushig and A-E got 318 so those two and the two passing games blow the averages out of proportion. Still have some solid defensive players who have played well. As far as qb last week, Tee did not play. Ricker was starting quarterback most of year with Tee also taking snaps there. Ricker hurt ankle against Mo West and had not played a great deal since then.

Injury bug hurts. Passing might be good for Boone then. The running game has been touch and go so it should be a good one, just depends on if Boone can shut down that offense or not in my opinion. If they can they win if they can't, they lose.

probly agree with ya on the "getting experience" part, but playoffs are not the place to be getting it, I dont think. There are lots of good rng backs on the team, hard to imagine why so many plays needs to be wasted trying to get experience, is what i'm thinking. don't boone have a freshman football team?

From what i recall, the center moved up because they needed a center at the time. He does a dang good job, I think. Solid football player. Would like to see #2 Whitson run more, he's a beast that carries players along with him when he has to. underutilized talent is what i see on the feild a lot of time.

Shropshire runs good, hope he is in the game friday. Shepard is a solid runner, he does well carrying the ball.

Get in ther eand get the job done with experienced talent in playoff games. Utilize the talent that is on the team. Save the practice runs for practice.

probly agree with ya on the "getting experience" part, but playoffs are not the place to be getting it, I dont think. There are lots of good rng backs on the team, hard to imagine why so many plays needs to be wasted trying to get experience, is what i'm thinking. don't boone have a freshman football team?

From what i recall, the center moved up because they needed a center at the time. He does a dang good job, I think. Solid football player. Would like to see #2 Whitson run more, he's a beast that carries players along with him when he has to. underutilized talent is what i see on the feild a lot of time.

Shropshire runs good, hope he is in the game friday. Shepard is a solid runner, he does well carrying the ball.

Get in ther eand get the job done with experienced talent in playoff games. Utilize the talent that is on the team. Save the practice runs for practice.

Well you need to sub in because 5 and 2 go on defense you need them to roll in. He had a bad game against TN High....so did defensive players and others. He didn't lose the game and there were tons of mistakes all around. He has helped the varsity win games so if that isn't enough, I don't know what is. He is in the spot to step up next year and be one of the main two. Underutilized talent...well I'll have to watch Friday to see that but from I remember of Boone they put the best players they have at the positons they have open.

People still grumbling because Sanders gets to carry the ball some. I don't understand? The style of Jenkins coaching this year along with all of the players on and off that field has took them to an 8 - 2 season going into the first round of the playoffs. I guess that is why he is coaching and why we are in the stands. You are right FormerB if anyone knew Coach Jenkins or Coach Sanders then they would know that if he wasn't worthy to wear a varsity jersey or be able to play with the big boys then he would be on the Freshman squad. He has two runs that stand out one at North and Science Hill both were where he flat out ran over people. TH everybody made mistakes not just one player. If you look at our team, we are well blessed with young individuals. We can't focus on one player.

Well, glad Im not the only one hearing it, Agr. I tell it like Im hearing it in the stands. People are asking questions. 5 and 2 do play defense, but when has that ever stopped Jenkins from having them start both postions? Thats a weak excuse to bring up a freshman running back. One freshman parent told me his son told him that the decison to start sanders on varsity never even happened till after summer practice was over with whcih he thought was a sneaking and planned move.

Sets a bad precendent for the future trailblazers. From what i hear several of the coaches have upcoming sons who will be on the team. Is this something we as fans and players and parents needs to anticipate and plan on? Genes don't equal talent, and folks, he aint no duncan or shropshire.

If boone had no running talent and needed a rb, nobody would be grumbling. since that aint the case, deal with the fallout is all i'm sayin, cause you will hear it. Anybody who dont believe that needs to sit in the stands on friday nights and listen to it. when one player runs the ball more than all the other players (no matter who he is) and is not productive of much of anything, people are gonna ask questions, deal with it. that's what happens.

are you guys maybe kinfolk too? didnt realize my asking about it would provoke just a heated debate. but alas, you have your opinion, and i have mine.

Archie bunker aint got nothin on boone football right now. and I can assure you, 8-2 season is due to the talented football team they have this year, those players on the varsity team who have played for two or three or four years deserve it!

I think the question here will be how many points Boone can score, because Mo East will score some points. Tremendous speed and quickness. They're averaging over 30 points a game. MoWest held them to one TD and Jeff County gave up only two. Scored three TD's on a pretty good Austin-East team and at least four in the the other six games. How good is Tee --- he has 108 touches on rushing, passing, receiving and kickoff returns for a total of 1,647 yards...15.3 per touch. Defense has been decent againt run and not very good against teams that can throw. How well can the Blazers move through the air?

if that is the 10 I remember from two yeras ago...Boone may very well have a long night ahead of them. I hear you all had a different QB last week and he is very good as well. From what I've seen this year, they have two QB with great arms and at least 4 recievers that can catch it pretty well (Except for TN High, we dropped easy passes they caught impossible passes).

The question with offensive teams vs defense of Boone was basically them giving up few points this year except to TN High. Every other team was held below ...20 pts? Two shut outs I know of, DB only scored 14, a few other teams had low scores except South put 35 up against our 28 in OT. There are....5 or 6 RB who share time that we have seen so you will see a ton of subs go in and out so Boone will be fresh going into the 4th at skill positions.

How's about your D this year?

South had 35 against you.

Football59Fan I would guess you are either Whitson's dad or a friend. He does not run the ball much because of attitude and not hitting the holes he is suppose to hit. When he wants to run it, he is a force but not close to the overall running back that Sanders is. He hits the hole hard and fast and bounces when hit. From what I have seen, he does a great job of trading backs in and out and no one knowing who is going to get it on any given play. Again, the thing that has impressed me about Boone is no superstars. The defense is made to get Duncan and Shropshire tackles and it works. The offense is made to have you guessing as to who is gonna get it and then when they are gonna pass, and it has worked. The only thing that has not worked is the passing defense where the safety has struggled and Whitson gives too much room for the under ball. Not his fault, probably coached to not get beat deep.

Well I am not "kin" to anybody. And I have sit or been standing in the stands every Friday night for 5 years now. I go to some of the freshman games and the JV. I have cheered every player on the field and called out just about every players name when they have done their job. Yes I can just about name each and their number. I'm not one for stirring things up, I'm usually lurking behind the scenes just listening and watching. But don't call out any player or I will be in the fray. The young men on that field deserve our support and I mean all them.

I think the question here will be how many points Boone can score, because Mo East will score some points. Tremendous speed and quickness. They're averaging over 30 points a game. MoWest held them to one TD and Jeff County gave up only two. Scored three TD's on a pretty good Austin-East team and at least four in the the other six games. How good is Tee --- he has 108 touches on rushing, passing, receiving and kickoff returns for a total of 1,647 yards...15.3 per touch. Defense has been decent againt run and not very good against teams that can throw. How well can the Blazers move through the air?

We moved the football up & down the field against Morristown West. We had the football inside

their 10 yard line 4 times(scored 1 TD). I have to give Morristown West correct, they step-up

when East's got close. Jeff County game, neither team could keep things going on offense.The

Ref would throw a flag everytime either team got something going.

Boone game, I just think they will have trouble with Morristown East speed early on. If Boone

defense is as good as everyone said it is, they will be able to slow East down the longer the game

goes on. The Question is, will East's have 35 points already?

Morristown Defense is starting to come around. I know we gave up alot of yards to Sevier County

passing, but how many QB's can throw like #3. We got pressure on him all night, he just made the

plays.

With Tee-Howell & Dee-Johnson back, East's will be hard to beat come this Friday. The Weather

is calling for no-rain. I hope to see a big crowd Friday night. GO CANES! :thumb: