Daniel Boone hosts Morristown East

formerblazer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of quick notes:

Last freshmen to start I know of: 2005 Calvin McCray and Mitch Masters at inside linebackers.combined hight 3 feet 6 inches/ combined combined tackles: 208

Last home playoff game: Also 2005. Boone-35, Betsy-28. First win against Betsy in 30 tries.

Good Luck tomorrow night boone.

I'm pulling for East but picking Boone. Reasons: if it was all about speed East would be 10-0. Boone has some speed and great team quickness and speed don't count unless you can get into the 3rd tier or level (secondary). Finally for the past 3 years based on all the hype in the preseason on how good they are going tobe, East has underachieved. Having said that, Boone seems more yeoman or blue collar in their approach to the game and don't seem to back down from anyone, they overcome injuries and seem to be very team oriented without players or parent getting to bent out of shape. The stars are alligned and Boone will be playing in the middle of November.

I agree Morristown East has underachieved this year, but last year team was really good on both

side of the football.Losing James Howell in the greenville game really hurt East's chances of making

deep playoff run. Coach Hatcher is in his 4 year at East. In his 1st year East's overachieved, losing

to Morristown West 3rd round of the playoff. Last year team jumped out 21 points on S-South, we

just couldn't Stop S-South in the 2nd half. I am thinking it took Don Woods a few years to get

Morristown West pass the 3rd round.

Injuries to key players this year hasn't helped,but that football. Good team find away to overcome

injuries. East played as a team against Sevier Co.. They had to because of Tee-Howell being out.

no-one know how healthy Tee-Howell will be this week.

If East plays the same way against Boone as they did last week, East will win.GO CANES! :thumb:

I'm pulling for East but picking Boone. Reasons: if it was all about speed East would be 10-0. Boone has some speed and great team quickness and speed don't count unless you can get into the 3rd tier or level (secondary). Finally for the past 3 years based on all the hype in the preseason on how good they are going tobe, East has underachieved. Having said that, Boone seems more yeoman or blue collar in their approach to the game and don't seem to back down from anyone, they overcome injuries and seem to be very team oriented without players or parent getting to bent out of shape. The stars are alligned and Boone will be playing in the middle of November.

I agree Morristown East has underachieved this year, but last year team was really good on both

side of the football.Losing James Howell in the greenville game really hurt East's chances of making

deep playoff run. Coach Hatcher is in his 4 year at East. In his 1st year East's overachieved, losing

to Morristown West 3rd round of the playoff. Last year team jumped out 21 points on S-South, we

just couldn't Stop S-South in the 2nd half. I am thinking it took Don Woods a few years to get

Morristown West pass the 3rd round.

Injuries to key players this year hasn't helped,but that football. Good team find away to overcome

injuries. East played as a team against Sevier Co.. They had to because of Tee-Howell being out.

no-one know how healthy Tee-Howell will be this week.

If East plays the same way against Boone as they did last week, East will win.GO CANES! :lol:

I have a feeling after Tee Howell meets Mr. Duncan a few times, he won't be healthy any longer.

This Boone team has something to take care of, and that is to head back to TN High next week. I hope they get it together and give themselves that chance by taking care of East. Fast TD's by East will be the game decider. This D has been what has gotten the team through game after game...time to see how it matches up with speed. Boone pride.

Well, I have to say I was happy with the outcome. Blazers had to come back from the initial hit of 10 to get the win 38 to 28. East had the big plays usually focusing on 1 or 2 players, but mostly they just used 10 all night for well....everything.

But let me say this, he is the best athlete I have seen all year, hands down, and that includes TN High, South, DB, etc. The kid can play and I hope he goes to a college and does kick return or something....that kid was awesome.

Can't rely on one person tho. The Blazers offense is what got them the game by keeping scoring. Defense can in big with big stops and the offense capitalized. Great game I knew it would be close.

Now, I got my wish, rematch at the Castle.

Tee Howell is the best player in NET hands down. There is not a second that is close. You have to see this kid to believe it.

870+ total yards between the two teams. I am willing to bet Tee had close to 300 by himself. Someone said 270 at halftime.

Looks like a rematch at THS next week.

Tee Howell is the best player in NET hands down. There is not a second that is close. You have to see this kid to believe it.

870+ total yards between the two teams. I am willing to bet Tee had close to 300 by himself. Someone said 270 at halftime.

Looks like a rematch at THS next week.

I guarantee he had that...I felt bad for him the second half because he was in every snap but slowed down a whole whole lot but still made things happen. That kid can play. Team wise tho...I mean you can't rely on one person...you put some other people out there making plays and East could have easily won 9 games this season. East is a good aggressive team...but it seemed they talked a little too much trash. Cost them some penalties. I will say you had a lot called against you but no TD's called back.

Tee wound up with 162 rush on 7 carries and 140 receiving on 7 catches. 'Canes have been that kind of team all year...move the ball and get a penalty to put themselves in a hole they couldn't get out of. Boone was better that I expected to be honest. They're a solid football team. That gave up big plays but had some big stops when they had to. Your D shouldn't worry too much about what #10 did to them, he's done that to several teams this year. Thought your #5 ran hard. He's a tough kid. Good luck next week.