10AAA in the playoffs

NEAlumTN

Many of the posts I have read on this thread refers to the matchups coming up in week 1 of the postseason. While we all have different thoughts on who might advance and who will beat who.........I just believe that the new playoff system is on the right track...7 "deserving" teams out of District 10AAA make the postseason!...Congrats to Clarksville Wildcats, Northeast Eagles, Northwest Vikings, Springfield Yellow Jackets, Henry Co. Patriots, Dickson Co. Cougars, and the Rossview Hawks on a job well done! While we know that not every District 10-AAA team will win its first round game...you are all playing in week 11!!

Therefore, before making blanket statements with your opinion..either for or against the new system....let it play out before passing judgement....good job TSSAA for making the change!!! Everyone is quick to blast change (usually out of ignorance of the rules or system)...however FEW are willing to compliment when good things happen! TSSAA...the light in on...its time to shine!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the posts I have read on this thread refers to the matchups coming up in week 1 of the postseason. While we all have different thoughts on who might advance and who will beat who.........I just believe that the new playoff system is on the right track...7 "deserving" teams out of District 10AAA make the postseason!...Congrats to Clarksville Wildcats, Northeast Eagles, Northwest Vikings, Springfield Yellow Jackets, Henry Co. Patriots, Dickson Co. Cougars, and the Rossview Hawks on a job well done! While we know that not every District 10-AAA team will win its first round game...you are all playing in week 11!!

Therefore, before making blanket statements with your opinion..either for or against the new system....let it play out before passing judgement....good job TSSAA for making the change!!! Everyone is quick to blast change (usually out of ignorance of the rules or system)...however FEW are willing to compliment when good things happen! TSSAA...the light in on...its time to shine!

Yeah, you must like it, since your team begged to go back to 5A at the beginning of the season!!! (and I have stated before that your team is good, but 5A playoffs are a joke)! I read in another post where Dickson county (who is in your district and you said they got it right) will play in the 6A playoffs and they only played one 6A team all year!! Explain how that is right! How is that a job well done and deserving to be in the playoffs when teams that played all 6A teams may not have gotten to 6 wins. I really doubt Dickson County would be 6-4 in a 6A district. EXPLAIN that one Mr. Advisor. Do you work for the TSSAA? Good job for making a change. You have got to be kidding me!!!!

Hey coachboozeball, Henry Co. didn't beg to go anywhwere and has never run from competition. Maybe your just sore about getting your @$$ kicked by Henry Co. Anyway, 5 years ago everyone wanted to play us for they're homecoming game. I guess you are just another example of what else comes with success.....HATERS! :thumb: Im sure with all the kids dressed out on the Henry Co. team, we look like a huge 6A team, but I think that just speaks volumes about the great coaching staff we have. Every kid wants to play on the team! TSSAA put us where we are and we will play the teams they schedule us to play, whether its Memphis teams or Nashville teams or Clarksville teams. Quit crying and leave it on the field!

Hey coachboozeball, Henry Co. didn't beg to go anywhwere and has never run from competition. Maybe your just sore about getting your @$$ kicked by Henry Co. Anyway, 5 years ago everyone wanted to play us for they're homecoming game. I guess you are just another example of what else comes with success.....HATERS! :thumb: Im sure with all the kids dressed out on the Henry Co. team, we look like a huge 6A team, but I think that just speaks volumes about the great coaching staff we have. Every kid wants to play on the team! TSSAA put us where we are and we will play the teams they schedule us to play, whether its Memphis teams or Nashville teams or Clarksville teams. Quit crying and leave it on the field!

Henry County has never kicked my @$$ as you so intelligently stated! I also did a little homework before I posted and noticed, by looking at past schedules that five years ago as you like to talk about you guys were in the largest classification, maybe that is why you were "everyone's homecoming". I only was stating a fact about you guys running to stay in 5A (like you did so you have no comment to come back on). Ok let's look at your schedule (since you don't run away from competition), your two nondistrict teams were a 4A team and a 2A team. Man, that's really bringing on the competition since you already stated that you have enough players to be a six A team :thumb:

You guys make me laugh. You get on here and act as if you could beat the Steelers and when anyone calls you out you start talking about how you have haters because you used to be bad and now you are world beaters. If you are going to dish it out then be able to take it. :lol:

Bottom line: District 10 got seven teams in and after Friday there will be one left and that will be you guys. That is all that needs to be said and I will talk to you on Saturday after the beatings of your so called tough district that the TSSAA got right. The TSSAA missed big time on this crap, unless you are in District ten.

Congratulations to Dickson County by beating one six A team and making the six A playoffs. I bet they get beat by three touchdowns on Friday. What will you say then????????

Congrats to the region! 7 teams in the state, with 5 in the 5A bracket. The system is being questioned, but our region did well vs the out of region teams. This shows that the district is much improved from the past few years. Good luck to all teams this week! Would be a great chance to win many games to prove we are a very tough region.

Henry vs Springfield

Northwest vs Gallatin

Northeast vs Hendersonville

Clarksville vs Beech

Rossview vs Brentwood

Dickson vs Hunters Lane

In 5A it is almost District 9 vs District 10! Not too far from the old system!

Yeah, you must like it, since your team begged to go back to 5A at the beginning of the season!!! (and I have stated before that your team is good, but 5A playoffs are a joke)! I read in another post where Dickson county (who is in your district and you said they got it right) will play in the 6A playoffs and they only played one 6A team all year!! Explain how that is right! How is that a job well done and deserving to be in the playoffs when teams that played all 6A teams may not have gotten to 6 wins. I really doubt Dickson County would be 6-4 in a 6A district. EXPLAIN that one Mr. Advisor. Do you work for the TSSAA? Good job for making a change. You have got to be kidding me!!!!

I'll explain it to you since you APPARENTLY aren't smart enough to figure it out.....Dickson County plays in a district with 8 other teams. ALL but one of the other teams besides the Cougars are 5A in the postseason...now you tell me you MORON....how is Dickson supposed to play anymore 6A postseason teams when they play 8 district games and their other rivalry games between Columbia and Creekwood....who by the way are both in the playoffs as well. Dickson has only played 2 teams that aren't in the postseason....they are Kenwood and West Creek! I am somewhat confused when you say they wouldn't be 6-4 in a 6A district since the TSSAA only has districts subdivided as A, AA, and AAA. I can only assume that you must be a fan of district 7AAA.........since they are the ones who only have 6A POSTSEASON teams....! Coachfoozeball........why don't you write a letter to the Governor and see if he will rezone the counties so Dickson and Rutherford County can share borders ..........therefore the TSSAA might allow Dickson to play in District 7AAA..............what is you point??? Is it Dickson's fault they play in District 10? Is it Dickson's fault that Rossview is the only other team in the district that will play 6A postseason? Why are you upset with the Cougars? Do you know where Sparta is? Do you know that White Co. got in at 1-9 and you are on here bashing the Cougars?? If 5A is such a joke...move your team to Memphis and compete in District 16AAA........you'll see what a joke it is.........the joke would be on you! There's 2 5A and 2 6A postseason teams that can take any team in Middle TN to the shed on any given night! That's why that district's records are so schewed.....and while we're speaking of jokes....Coachfoozeball..........you're the biggest joke of all!!!

p.s. were you there when Morristown West and Henry Co. were on the TSSAA boards agenda to discuss postseason classification?

coach fuzeball, from which district do you support of such strong football. No one over here has even mentioned playing the steelers, nor have I read where the Patriots think they can beat everyone and anyone, it was said that we would play anyone, oh yeah check that 4a team that the Patriots beat, LIberty tech, they would impress even you if you saw them play. they would beat many middle of the road 6 a teams this year

Henry County has never kicked my @$$ as you so intelligently stated! I also did a little homework before I posted and noticed, by looking at past schedules that five years ago as you like to talk about you guys were in the largest classification, maybe that is why you were "everyone's homecoming". I only was stating a fact about you guys running to stay in 5A (like you did so you have no comment to come back on). Ok let's look at your schedule (since you don't run away from competition), your two nondistrict teams were a 4A team and a 2A team. Man, that's really bringing on the competition since you already stated that you have enough players to be a six A team :thumb:

You guys make me laugh. You get on here and act as if you could beat the Steelers and when anyone calls you out you start talking about how you have haters because you used to be bad and now you are world beaters. If you are going to dish it out then be able to take it. :P

Bottom line: District 10 got seven teams in and after Friday there will be one left and that will be you guys. That is all that needs to be said and I will talk to you on Saturday after the beatings of your so called tough district that the TSSAA got right. The TSSAA missed big time on this crap, unless you are in District ten.

Congratulations to Dickson County by beating one six A team and making the six A playoffs. I bet they get beat by three touchdowns on Friday. What will you say then????????

Bottom Line is you are a joke coach fuzzy! You were on here last year stating how pitiful we were and that our players weren't really that good, that Region 7-4A was a joke, blah-blah-blah. We competed just fine with the big powers in our good years in the 90's. Even made the semi's once back then. But oh, I forgot...we can't compete with such high calibur competition as is in 6A. That must be why we ran back to 5A in this system. Hmmm, is that laughing I hear?!?!? Yeah, some cat named coachfoozeball is the laughing stock on the CoachT boards! :thumb::thumb:

I am some what confused about your statement about us even making the plalyoffs in district 7, is there even a 5a team in district 7. Fooozball, you are badmouthing the 5a brackets and teams about them not being any good and the 6a being so good. As a friend was telling me, it is just logical that the 2, 4 and 6a teams records should be better than that of the 1, 3, and 5a records, a lot of bellyaching about 5a having bad records, many have played multiple 6a teams while all these great 6a teams have played multiple 5a teams. LOGIC is something that you spend time trying to explain, but please tell me who your team of excellence is, you bad mouth everyone in district 10, I am just curious how many of the teams in district 10 yoiu have seen play this year.

I am some what confused about your statement about us even making the plalyoffs in district 7, is there even a 5a team in district 7. Fooozball, you are badmouthing the 5a brackets and teams about them not being any good and the 6a being so good. As a friend was telling me, it is just logical that the 2, 4 and 6a teams records should be better than that of the 1, 3, and 5a records, a lot of bellyaching about 5a having bad records, many have played multiple 6a teams while all these great 6a teams have played multiple 5a teams. LOGIC is something that you spend time trying to explain, but please tell me who your team of excellence is, you bad mouth everyone in district 10, I am just curious how many of the teams in district 10 yoiu have seen play this year.

I am a huge fan of TN high school football and I DO NOT bad mouth everyone in dist. 10! I am a Big Fan of the HC team and think they are very good. I watched them play last year vs. Hillsboro. My problem is with teams such as Smyrna getting a shaft by playing 6A teams and Dickson County can get into the playoffs by only playing ONE, ONE only 6A team. Now Mr. Prophet you explain to me how that is fair to teams that are in a tough district and then are playing a REAL schedule. You will tell me that they played 9-1 Columbia, well I will tell you that Columbia probably could not hold a candle to any of the teams (except Centennial) that Smyrna has played this year. Oh, I forgot that DC played 9-1 Creekwood. Are they not 4A? The system makes no sense. You are correct that 1a,3a, and 5a probably have scewed records and the same for better records with 2,4 and 6A. I will have to say though, most of 10AAA has been in other regions from time to time and ALL of them have done poorly when they were not playing each other. All my point is is that this system rewards teams for playing bad schedules and does nothing to reward teams for playing good competition!! Enough said and like I said earlier: We will see come Friday how many of your beloved 10AAA is still alive!!

Who can win? you answer it

HC vs Spring one of them has to win and ofcourse it will be HC

NE?

NW?

Clark?

DC?

Rossview?

You tell me which one of the other 5 might win????

Hold the press, they said changes in 5A coming...

Have a feeling it is Henry County, since we violate the TSSAA mandate of not playing against someone in your own district in first round...

There was no "violation of any TSSAA mandate"! Your post sounds ill informed. Read the handbook please before you post. It clearly states that two teams from the same district will not play in the first round UNLESS there are five or more teams from the same district in a single quadrant.