POWELL vs SOUTH 1st round 5A @Death Valley

crawdad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the final score 42-6 or 42-16. I know an earlier post said that South was 21-8 at one point.

42-16 was the final 04.. they went for 2 on each conversion for some reason....either no good at pat or wide open in upset mode...regardless they went 2/2 on 2s against us!

I was just wondering because CoachT and the TSSAA have the score listed 42-6, then the news had 42-16.

Was the final score 42-6 or 42-16. I know an earlier post said that South was 21-8 at one point.

42-16 was the final 04.. they went for 2 on each conversion for some reason....either no good at pat or wide open in upset mode...regardless they went 2/2 on 2s against us!

I was just wondering because CoachT and the TSSAA have the score listed 42-6, then the news had 42-16.

someone posted it wrong I guess. WCYB had it at 6 also. I guess the 16 was hard to figure out or something?

Did Seymour bring many fans? There must have been about 300 from Powell and the band which was pretty good, but even our South crowd was down. In watching"touchdown Friday night" it looked like everyones crowds were down. I know it was cold , but gee whiz,it's the best football of the year, what you play for all year. What's with everybody? TSSAA will rethink this thing for sure when they see how bad their gate receipts are for these early round long distance contests.

someone posted it wrong I guess. WCYB had it at 6 also. I guess the 16 was hard to figure out or something?

Did Seymour bring many fans? There must have been about 300 from Powell and the band which was pretty good, but even our South crowd was down. In watching"touchdown Friday night" it looked like everyones crowds were down. I know it was cold , but gee whiz,it's the best football of the year, what you play for all year. What's with everybody? TSSAA will rethink this thing for sure when they see how bad their gate receipts are for these early round long distance contests.

For a school that's 4-6 and as far away as they are, I thought they brought a decent number of fans. Boone will bring a bigger crowd next week though. TN High's side appeared to have quite a few but it a took a while for them to fill up.