POWELL vs SOUTH 1st round 5A @Death Valley

crawdad

I love the papers. Everyone from Morristown to the West has every IMAC team (except TN High) picked to lose the upcoming game. Time for us to represent our conference well South, good luck tonight, I want to see you all in the 3rd round!

I agree… very disrespectful! dry.gif I tend to believe that we (Northeast Tennessee) will be well represented in the second round of the playoffs in every class except 6A. DB just has a tough draw. I think we have some teams this year that will go deep… and even two or three that have a REAL chance to get to the BIG DANCE this year. Hopin for an injury free game for all… and GOOD LUCK!!! :thumb:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the papers. Everyone from Morristown to the West has every IMAC team (except TN High) picked to lose the upcoming game. Time for us to represent our conference well South, good luck tonight, I want to see you all in the 3rd round!

I agree… very disrespectful! dry.gif I tend to believe that we (Northeast Tennessee) will be well represented in the second round of the playoffs in every class except 6A. DB just has a tough draw. I think we have some teams this year that will go deep… and even two or three that have a REAL chance to get to the BIG DANCE this year. Hopin for an injury free game for all… and GOOD LUCK!!! :thumb:

Ah edit real quick, I meant it has every Big 8 team picked to lose except TN High. Smack to South and Boone, common sense for TN High of course. I've heard all the talk about us being easy but we have a tough place to get out of. You take TN High, Boone, and South in any part of the state and they are going to make some noise. We all have to see each other in the first 3 rounds and that has been tough games for everyone the past few years. I'm not saying this is that we are the best, but we have a lot of good teams up here....but hey if ya can't make it past Maryville (as it was in the past) then supposedly you are weak?

Big 8 needs a 3 sweep...heck even DB can pick up a win in my book, just makes us all look better on paper. See ya in a week Cap!

Knox West will be sending a bus with students and players to support the Rebels tonight. Thanks South parents for making that possible. They have some really nice tribute to JL shirts they will be wearing.

OR played Powell, took advantage of some turnovers and youth in the secondary. You have to stop Mobley, he's a really good back. This should be a good game, as Powell has steadily improved during the season. They play alot of young players, but they play tough. Good luck

Knox West will be sending a bus with students and players to support the Rebels tonight. Thanks South parents for making that possible. They have some really nice tribute to JL shirts they will be wearing.

OR played Powell, took advantage of some turnovers and youth in the secondary. You have to stop Mobley, he's a really good back. This should be a good game, as Powell has steadily improved during the season. They play alot of young players, but they play tough. Good luck

I think that is an excellent gesture. It sounds like there will be a great turnout tonight. This is a very tough matchup for the Panthers. As a Powell fan, I hate to play South in the first round, because I would love to see the Rebels win out. I'm hoping for an upset, but I'll be pulling for South to win out if things don't go Powell's way.

Folks, whomever you pull for... a safe journey to all who will travel today and tonight to watch their young men compete... From this South Reb to you... from Johnson County to Memphis, I wish everyone a safe journey. Good health to your players as well.

Now.... LETS GET IT ON! :roflol: Should be a chilly night in Death Valley, just the way we like it. This is a new season, Rebels its time.

I agree… very disrespectful! I tend to believe that we (Northeast Tennessee) will be well represented in the second round of the playoffs in every class except 6A. DB just has a tough draw. I think we have some teams this year that will go deep… and even two or three that have a REAL chance to get to the BIG DANCE this year. Hopin for an injury free game for all… and GOOD LUCK!!!

Ah edit real quick, I meant it has every Big 8 team picked to lose except TN High. Smack to South and Boone, common sense for TN High of course. I've heard all the talk about us being easy but we have a tough place to get out of. You take TN High, Boone, and South in any part of the state and they are going to make some noise. We all have to see each other in the first 3 rounds and that has been tough games for everyone the past few years. I'm not saying this is that we are the best, but we have a lot of good teams up here....but hey if ya can't make it past Maryville (as it was in the past) then supposedly you are weak?

Big 8 needs a 3 sweep...heck even DB can pick up a win in my book, just makes us all look better on paper. See ya in a week Cap!

Look forward to it FormerB!! Hot chocolate on me. I still feel a little bad about last time. Didn’t take in consideration how shocking the CROW can be to the system when you haven’t had to digest it all season long. :roflol: Good luck to you and your boys tonight. Now lets go represent the NEW Big 8!!! :roflol:

South won this right? Congrats on representing the Big 8 well, all the IMAC teams were knocked out. Tough game for you coming up this week against Knox Catholic.

Thanks and congrats on your win as well. Way to rep Blazers. Catholic will be a tough game,but I would imagine yours will be much tougher. :(

South won this right? Congrats on representing the Big 8 well, all the IMAC teams were knocked out. Tough game for you coming up this week against Knox Catholic.

Thanks and congrats on your win as well. Way to rep Blazers. Catholic will be a tough game,but I would imagine yours will be much tougher. :(

True, but the last time the Blazers played an 11-0 team, we stole their pizza :(

But seriously....yes it will be and we both know from experience. TN High is the real deal this year.