#7 York @ #4 Seq. Co

BallPark3434

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going to beat any quality team with the turnovers, penalties and mistakes Sequatchie had tonight, not a good time for them but give credit to York for making fewer. Sequatchie held York to right at 100 yards rushing on 43 carries, that included a loss of 20 yards on a recovered fumble but even without that loss York would have still made less than 3 yards a rush. Sequatchie had a personal foul on it that gave it right back, that summed up the night. York made the big passes when needed.

York goes 3 and out to start and punts, Sequatchie gets a 50 yard run by Lewis to the York 24, a few more runs and gets to the 8. On 3rd down a pass was underthrown to the corner or it would have been a score, as it was it was nearly intercepted. Sequatchie did get the field goal, 3-0.

York goes 3 and out again, but first play after the punt Sequatchie loses the fumble, unforced, on the pitch and York takes over at the Sequatchie 45. Dragons convert on 4th and 1 at the 36, keep it on the ground the rest of the way and end up scoring on a short run by Matt Brown, 7-3 and 7-3 after 1.

Start of the second, York takes the ball at the 40 on the punt return. The returner fakes a handoff and gets Sequatchie out of their lanes, at least on his side, and goes 60 yards for the score but a clip calls it back. From the York 47, Sequatchie gets penalties on 3 straight plays, 15, 5 and 15, with one of them as mentioned virtually cancelling out a 20-yard loss on a fumble. On fourth and 7 from the 25, York throws to the end zone and gets it to I believe Anthony Williams, 14-3.

Sequatchie gets a good drive going, from their own 35 to the York 35, all on the ground but is stopped on 4th down. Dragons pull Sequatchie offsides on 3rd and 11, so a 7-yard pass is good for a first down. York throws deep on the last play of the half, it's intercepted but Sequatchie only returns it about the original line of scrimmage so no harm comes of it.

Start of the third, each team goes three and out, but on Sequatchie next possession, first play, a short pass is intercepted at the 50 to ruin good field position. York gets a good run of 15 yards by the quarterback to the 25 then throws to the end zone..it was questionable at the time whether the receiver caught the ball and had possession, plus had a foot in, but I was leaning toward he got it, plus it appeared that way on the TV replay just a few minutes ago. 21-3.

Sequatchie doesn't quit and drives 75 yards for the score. Wilson passes to Cordell for 15 yards to the York 30 and Lewis scores from there with a run, 21-10. Indians stop Brown for a loss on one of the biggest hits of the game on the last play of the third, third down and 5 on the first play of the fourth and York goes long for a 60 yard TD pass. The defender was there, just couldn't knock it down and it's caught at around the 20, run the rest of the way to the end zone. 28-10.

Sequatchie again doesn't give up, kickoff goes out of bounds, York is guilty of pass interference and Wilson passes to Green for 15 yards. Sequatchie has it at the York 20, 2nd and short, but throws inside the 10 and it's interceped. Dragons give it right back with freshman Lamb recovering a fumble and Stewart scores on a run with 8:00 left, 28-16 after the conversion fails.

Sequatchie gets it back with 6:30 left after a third down sack, still time for 2 scores if it's done quickly. Starting at the 18 after the punt, they get to the York 45 with a pair of pass completions and a scramble. 2nd and 10, still with 5:00 left but a pass is intercepted at the York 30. Dragons run off the rest of the time and move to the Indian 40 before ending it with a pair of knees.

Showing how statistics are misleading, often, Indians ended with more yardage, 257-228. York passed for 129 with three big touchdowns, Sequatchie did great against the run, 43 for 99. Sequatchie had 34 carries for 195 with 130 by Lewis, passed for 62. Turnovers were the difference, 4-2, with the interception thrown by York at the end of the first half not affecting the game. Their fumble in the fourth was matched just prior with a Sequatchie interception.

That was disappointing as I'm convinced they could have played better but as was said York was a quality team, they beat one of tonight's first round winners 28-0 last week. The program isn't where Sequatchie and coaches want it to be but it's heading in the right direction with 2 playoff appearances after 1 win total the two prior years. That was a good senior class in numbers and ability. Players will have to be replaced at kicker, safety, linebacker and quarterback and some spots in the lines (2 largest starters graduating), other positions have good numbers coming back and some non-starters showed flashes at times at virtually all positions. Running back should be a strength after losing just 1 of the primary runners, Farley. I'd have also liked to seen how Bartley and Dykes could have performed this year especially in the secondary, and for that matter Fritts in the line but you have to go with whoever's available.

You're not going to beat any quality team with the turnovers, penalties and mistakes Sequatchie had tonight, not a good time for them but give credit to York for making fewer. Sequatchie held York to right at 100 yards rushing on 43 carries, that included a loss of 20 yards on a recovered fumble but even without that loss York would have still made less than 3 yards a rush. Sequatchie had a personal foul on it that gave it right back, that summed up the night. York made the big passes when needed.

York goes 3 and out to start and punts, Sequatchie gets a 50 yard run by Lewis to the York 24, a few more runs and gets to the 8. On 3rd down a pass was underthrown to the corner or it would have been a score, as it was it was nearly intercepted. Sequatchie did get the field goal, 3-0.

York goes 3 and out again, but first play after the punt Sequatchie loses the fumble, unforced, on the pitch and York takes over at the Sequatchie 45. Dragons convert on 4th and 1 at the 36, keep it on the ground the rest of the way and end up scoring on a short run by Matt Brown, 7-3 and 7-3 after 1.

Start of the second, York takes the ball at the 40 on the punt return. The returner fakes a handoff and gets Sequatchie out of their lanes, at least on his side, and goes 60 yards for the score but a clip calls it back. From the York 47, Sequatchie gets penalties on 3 straight plays, 15, 5 and 15, with one of them as mentioned virtually cancelling out a 20-yard loss on a fumble. On fourth and 7 from the 25, York throws to the end zone and gets it to I believe Anthony Williams, 14-3.

Sequatchie gets a good drive going, from their own 35 to the York 35, all on the ground but is stopped on 4th down. Dragons pull Sequatchie offsides on 3rd and 11, so a 7-yard pass is good for a first down. York throws deep on the last play of the half, it's intercepted but Sequatchie only returns it about the original line of scrimmage so no harm comes of it.

Start of the third, each team goes three and out, but on Sequatchie next possession, first play, a short pass is intercepted at the 50 to ruin good field position. York gets a good run of 15 yards by the quarterback to the 25 then throws to the end zone..it was questionable at the time whether the receiver caught the ball and had possession, plus had a foot in, but I was leaning toward he got it, plus it appeared that way on the TV replay just a few minutes ago. 21-3.

Sequatchie doesn't quit and drives 75 yards for the score. Wilson passes to Cordell for 15 yards to the York 30 and Lewis scores from there with a run, 21-10. Indians stop Brown for a loss on one of the biggest hits of the game on the last play of the third, third down and 5 on the first play of the fourth and York goes long for a 60 yard TD pass. The defender was there, just couldn't knock it down and it's caught at around the 20, run the rest of the way to the end zone. 28-10.

Sequatchie again doesn't give up, kickoff goes out of bounds, York is guilty of pass interference and Wilson passes to Green for 15 yards. Sequatchie has it at the York 20, 2nd and short, but throws inside the 10 and it's interceped. Dragons give it right back with freshman Lamb recovering a fumble and Stewart scores on a run with 8:00 left, 28-16 after the conversion fails.

Sequatchie gets it back with 6:30 left after a third down sack, still time for 2 scores if it's done quickly. Starting at the 18 after the punt, they get to the York 45 with a pair of pass completions and a scramble. 2nd and 10, still with 5:00 left but a pass is intercepted at the York 30. Dragons run off the rest of the time and move to the Indian 40 before ending it with a pair of knees.

Showing how statistics are misleading, often, Indians ended with more yardage, 257-228. York passed for 129 with three big touchdowns, Sequatchie did great against the run, 43 for 99. Sequatchie had 34 carries for 195 with 130 by Lewis, passed for 62. Turnovers were the difference, 4-2, with the interception thrown by York at the end of the first half not affecting the game. Their fumble in the fourth was matched just prior with a Sequatchie interception.

That was disappointing as I'm convinced they could have played better but as was said York was a quality team, they beat one of tonight's first round winners 28-0 last week. The program isn't where Sequatchie and coaches want it to be but it's heading in the right direction with 2 playoff appearances after 1 win total the two prior years. That was a good senior class in numbers and ability. Players will have to be replaced at kicker, safety, linebacker and quarterback and some spots in the lines (2 largest starters graduating), other positions have good numbers coming back and some non-starters showed flashes at times at virtually all positions. Running back should be a strength after losing just 1 of the primary runners, Farley. I'd have also liked to seen how Bartley and Dykes could have performed this year especially in the secondary, and for that matter Fritts in the line but you have to go with whoever's available.

What he Said :roflol:

Don't make excuses seq. co got beat by a better team which is YORk :D . I was at the game seq co just two players 2 & 44 and York had a whole team. Like I said early the defence was the difference in this game Yorks step up when they had too. It does not matter how many yards you have if you don't put it in the endzone. York was the better team last night. :o:D

Don't make excuses seq. co got beat by a better team which is YORk :roflolk: . I was at the game seq co just two players 2 & 44 and York had a whole team. Like I said early the defence was the difference in this game Yorks step up when they had too. It does not matter how many yards you have if you don't put it in the endzone. York was the better team last night. :roflol::lol:

Your right the defense was the difference, Sequatchie's was better. On all four turnover's you didn't have to make a play, the fumble was a bad pitch and catch and the interceptions was thrown right at you. Our QB was just trying to make a play and can't fault him for that. It's funny how winners see the game and how looser's see the game. This game could have went either way, York is a decent team and so is Sequatchie. However, York is not good enough to advance any further.

Marionstime you just worry about your little team in Jasper. Your right about not playing good teams to get ready for playoffs, but we can't help it if Jasper stinks this year. No matter what be beat Jasper this year

You are right it is funny about how the views are so much different about what happened.....Like the fact that York got a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown called back on what the officials "say" was a block in the back but I saw nothing. Also one of your touchdowns came off of one of York's running backs fumbling inside their own 7 yard line. The stats are true though you guys beat York in total yardage, BUT most of them came off of two runs. The opening play of the game when you guys took it down the sideline for about a 50 yard gain inside of the 15.......Which might I add you guys could not put it into the endzone. You also had a 40 yard touchdown run, so congrats you scored on two busted plays. York just pounded the ball down your throat for three to four yards a carry, no big plays on the run. When you stacked the box to stop it you got burnt deep. You can come watch York's decent team try their best to win off the refs bad calls and their OKAY defense this week at Goodpasture. It was a pleasure watching you guys start panicking last night too whenever you started passing it all over because you knew you were to far behind to run your regular offense.

As I look at where Sequatchie Co. is on the bracket it chaps me some, and the fact that they get to host, playing a #7 seed. We handled Seq. no problem, and get CAK a #4 seed who by the way only has one loss to Alcoa, plus have an away game. Seq., by no fault of their own, gets a easier road- not even saying they will win tonight, but the path is still easier.

Thanks Coach Layne for giving us a shot...... Mabey next year we can do something with it for you ole buddy.....