Jackson South Side @ Lipscomb - State Playoffs Rd#1

sportsnutdad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for Lipscomb because I would love to see the rivalry of Giles-Lipscomb renewed in the second round.

The point many are missing is the focus of the Giles team. Week two's game will not even be mentioned this week. All the energy, talk, preparation, and focus will be on Chester County. All teams are 1 point away from their high school season being over. Sorry Jackson & Lipscomb fans. No one from Giles should even be on this thread except to offer a JSS or DL prediction. :roflol:

24 - 7. David Lipscomb. Thats mine. :roflolk:

I am picking DL because of two things.

1 DL has the playoff experience of winning and they have Mr. Officer.

2 SS never does any scheduling that makes them prepared to make deep runs in the playofs...more cupcakes

you are right about the playoff experience for sure. Don't really know what is wrong at South Side this year but they haven't been competitive in some games they should have won or would have won in past years. New coach may take awhile to get his sytem implemented?

I am picking DL because of two things.

1 DL has the playoff experience of winning and they have Mr. Officer.

2 SS never does any scheduling that makes them prepared to make deep runs in the playofs...more cupcakes

you are right about the playoff experience for sure. Don't really know what is wrong at South Side this year but they haven't been competitive in some games they should have won or would have won in past years. New coach may take awhile to get his sytem implemented?

yea the new coach is no coach hays i mean they have been injured alot like the chester county game 2 of the 3 linebackers were hurt halfback was hurt. There defense is not what is has been in the past

dl 42

ss 14

I will add this DL team is a bit different than the team of the last few years in several ways. They have lost a great deal of on the field experience which has shown at times and mainly early in the year. However, the tough competition in District 10 has helped this team mature and grow. The OL is very good and big. Compared to last years team which averaged just over 200 lbs and was anchored by Dallon Hudson, who is now playing at Harding University. This years team has Dallon's little brother Davis Hudson (who filled in and then eventually started last year), fellow junior Carson Burch and seniors Kyle Chester (injured in 2008), Joseph Small and Wil Langston. This OL averages more than 240 lbs across and will battle in the trenches. The DL is now anchored by seniors Rainey Lankford and Matthew Quinn, who were former starters on the OL.

Yes, William Officer is very good, but he is running behind a very good Offensive Line. The passing game is underated and will be used to compliment the punishing running game during the playoffs. The defense has been tweeked throughout the year and is starting to really come alive. Special Teams is also starting to really gain consistency and is an outstanding unit. This team plays some physical football, and relies less on finesse and breaking a big play. They are better than people will think, and will surprise many.

-snd

I will add this DL team is a bit different than the team of the last few years in several ways. They have lost a great deal of on the field experience which has shown at times and mainly early in the year. However, the tough competition in District 10 has helped this team mature and grow. The OL is very good and big. Compared to last years team which averaged just over 200 lbs and was anchored by Dallon Hudson, who is now playing at Harding University. This years team has Dallon's little brother Davis Hudson (who filled in and then eventually started last year), fellow junior Carson Burch and seniors Kyle Chester (injured in 2008), Joseph Small and Wil Langston. This OL averages more than 240 lbs across and will battle in the trenches. The DL is now anchored by seniors Rainey Lankford and Matthew Quinn, who were former starters on the OL.

Yes, William Officer is very good, but he is running behind a very good Offensive Line. The passing game is underated and will be used to compliment the punishing running game during the playoffs. The defense has been tweeked throughout the year and is starting to really come alive. Special Teams is also starting to really gain consistency and is an outstanding unit. This team plays some physical football, and relies less on finesse and breaking a big play. They are better than people will think, and will surprise many.

-snd

dang guy that looks like a huge commercial!

if i was coach t i would charge you for ad space.

hey make one for Scott Co. :thumb:

David Lipscomb: 35

Jackson South Side: 7

This one is going to be over quickly. JSS was begging for this matchup back in 2006 and it's funny now that the freshmen off of that team are now seniors. What a way to end your high school football playing careers. David Lipscomb is a great team and they are going to make some noise this postseason. If they meet up with Giles in the 2nd round then I will definitely be in attendance.

I want to meet SND and I will be grillin at the tailgate this friday. I'll be grillin the CT tacos and passing them out to the unsuspecting moms. How do you know about our O LINE? They have done a great job this year and get little credit. No need for big runs when they get 5 yards per carry,keep the chains moving, and run the clock! Do you sell cars?