Jackson South Side @ Lipscomb - State Playoffs Rd#1

sportsnutdad

Nuthin but the game on anyone's mind, that sure is refreshing. None of the cheating , recruiting talk untik this game is over. This game will be close until the third qtr and then the 2 way players will tire and the rout will be on. SS looks big up front and will be a challenge to move. HDIK, do you have any insite? Chili at the tailgate for any takers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 biggest calls in the game from the Maplewood-David Lipscomb contest back in week two BOTH went against the Mustangs..........that is a statement of fact boski :flower:

I hope to see Lipscomb play Giles next week. That would be a fun topic to read without question.

I'm hoping for that as well. Not only will the thread be good but we'll actually get to see Giles play in a good game for a change. Only seen that 2 or 3 times this year.

I wonder if the two calls howdoitknow was mentioning included the non-fumble fumble when the Mustangs were driving the ball inside the 20 ready to score and after Clark Malloy was tackle and down on top of the ball a Maplewood player pulled the ball out and the refs called it a fumble. The play was shown on the Football Friday wrap-up on channel 17. This turnover not only killed a Lipscomb drive that was a likely score, but the Maplewood took that moment down the field to score. You can't argue about Lipscomb getting calls in that game.

-snd

To find the latest information about the Mustangs and the upcoming round #1 playoff game versus Jackson South Side, go the http://www.mustangfanpage.com.'>http://www.mustangfanpage.com. For those who can't attend the game in person, a live webcast of the game will be available on the http://www.mustangfanpage.com website.

-snd

The 2 biggest calls in the game from the Maplewood-David Lipscomb contest back in week two BOTH went against the Mustangs..........that is a statement of fact boski :thumb:

I hope to see Lipscomb play Giles next week. That would be a fun topic to read without question.

i dont think you want to play Giles next week if you are wanting a rematch with the Panthers ..then again i think you do want to play Giles so you wont have a rematch with the Panthers.

and truthfully nothing the refs did that game could have saved you from #20 that night it was just a matter of time before he tourched you guys ..and if these other teams were smart they would attack your defense in the same manner ..you can only stop the run for so long heck you guys know that, thats why you run so much ..you just dont have that killer speed that J SS backs will show you ..add in a few PA passes pretty tough ..East Lit exposed you again they just failed to finish it like Maplewood did ..and for the record you cant just single out 2 bad calls that didnt help your team...

counters traps sweeps ...a pass or two ;)

J SS by 6

The 2 biggest calls in the game from the Maplewood-David Lipscomb contest back in week two BOTH went against the Mustangs..........that is a statement of fact boski :thumb:

i dont think you want to play Giles next week if you are wanting a rematch with the Panthers ..then again i think you do want to play Giles so you wont have a rematch with the Panthers.

and truthfully nothing the refs did that game could have saved you from #20 that night it was just a matter of time before he tourched you guys ..and if these other teams were smart they would attack your defense in the same manner ..you can only stop the run for so long heck you guys know that, thats why you run so much ..you just dont have that killer speed that J SS backs will show you ..add in a few PA passes pretty tough ..East Lit exposed you again they just failed to finish it like Maplewood did ..and for the record you cant just single out 2 bad calls that didnt help your team...

J SS by 6

i follow ss very close and they do not have speed like in years past they are a power running team if dl jumps to a early lead ss can not pass to get back in the game

I wonder if the two calls howdoitknow was mentioning included the non-fumble fumble when the Mustangs were driving the ball inside the 20 ready to score and after Clark Malloy was tackle and down on top of the ball a Maplewood player pulled the ball out and the refs called it a fumble. The play was shown on the Football Friday wrap-up on channel 17. This turnover not only killed a Lipscomb drive that was a likely score, but the Maplewood took that moment down the field to score. You can't argue about Lipscomb getting calls in that game.

-snd

dry.gif that may be a false statement

lol .. get over it ..Maplewood has been getting the "refs law" handed to them for years ..if you got a strong team like Maplewood you just got to play through it ..and beat the refs and the team your playing that night ..you call them double header games!!

J SS by 6

i follow ss very close and they do not have speed like in years past they are a power running team if dl jumps to a early lead ss can not pass to get back in the game

well your 3rd string back is faster than their first string back ..so no big deal ..you still in good shape ...and stop talking down your team ..you guys didnt get to 7 - 3 by being weak ...DL not buying into that were no good stuff ...

..just run the ball off tackle ...and you will soon hit the jackpot!!