If I was doing the brackets - I would have....

davidlimbaugh

Like I said in another thread...Why not add another week and let everybody in? There'd be no controversy, TSSAA would make more $$$$ (which we all know is the reason behind everything), less travel, and everyone would be happy.

It's so easy.

Play 9 weeks, I would be for this, but you create the same issues with deciding who gets the byes, and I know the last time we had byes in 5A, the coaches didn't like them, and they moved to the most recent system after 2 years of the byes.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every system has a flaw, and every system will have unhappy people. In the old system people were doing the same. I feel records are not the full story. If you have a 9-1 record and played no body, then the record makes you look like a super power. Where as Hillsboro played the schedule from h@%$, and won two games with no respect. Lets see, being 2-8 losing to Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, and other powers. It is a new season, and records do not matter.

Some 5-5 teams played in districts with 7 teams, and 5 were 6A. Where other teams that are 7-3 played in districts that had 6 teams, and 2 were 6A. You cannot say a record makes a team better. If so then Shelbyville at 5-5 may be a power house, but only won 1 or 2 region games. Please, Tallahoma got screwed for playing tougher out of region games.

Congrats to all that are in, but records now do not matter, and district titles don't get you to the championship. Last I checked only two teams play December 4th.