Just do what's right

voice

Some random quotes from the T$$AA:

. . . “One of the goals of hgh school athletics is learning lifetime values. Sportsmanship is one such value. That makes these games an educational experience. Remember to just do what’s right. . . .

Admission to an interscholastic event is a privilege. And with that privilege comes responsibility. Responsibility to conduct oneself in a manner where the game is enjoyable for other fans and participants. . . . reminds you to do just do what’s right. . .

When (name of school) sponsors an athletic event, It considers that happening to be an extension of the classroom. With the lessons to be learned as important as those coming out of a textbook. Among those lessons is good sportsmanship, a course which will serve everyone well in the game of life. Remember, just do what’s right. . .

In 3A quad 1”

Why was Austin East (or Austin West) moved out of it’s geographical location?

Why was CAK moved from Quad 2 to Quad 1?

Why was Gatlinburg Pittman #2 in their district seeded #1?

Why was Elizabethton undefeated district 1 champion seeded #2?

Why was CAK district 4 #2 seeded number 3 behind Elizabethton a team which they beat two weeks ago?

Why were Elizabethon and Austin East not seeded #1 and #2 in their geographical regions?

Member schools of the T$$AA had little input on the rules of the playoff. T$$AA made the rules. Is it too much to expect them to follow those rules? I am sorry that they were up all night but they should get it right. Now is the time for them to DO WHAT’S RIGHT!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the fact they get paid for this bunch of garbage.

They could pay me to do it and we would all be watching college football right now instead of talking about this.

Gerry how much money would it take for TSSAA to hire you.

I have my price, let's just say I would give them a nice lesson in supply and demand. People who understand this system is in low supply and those wanting these brackets is in high demand. But seriously if they just asked me to help out I would do it for free. Question is would they ask a 24 year old for help?

They could pay me to do it and we would all be watching college football right now instead of talking about this.

Gerry how much money would it take for TSSAA to hire you.

I have my price, let's just say I would give them a nice lesson in supply and demand. People who understand this system is in low supply and those wanting these brackets is in high demand. But seriously if they just asked me to help out I would do it for free. Question is would they ask a 24 year old for help?

The biggest issue long term for the TSSAA is how did this happen. If they have anyone in the organization who trolls these boards that would have given them an idea of what to look for in the seeding. We as fans are passionate about knowing if our team is going to make it in the playoffs and then where we will be put in the bracket. Gerry and others figured it out on our own becasue of the passion. The TSSAA dude views it as a job and obviously did not do it correctly. I know people will say he just made a mistake but with the stakes this high that can't be allowed to happen. We are talking about teams playing each other that shouldn't have been in the same quad. This is inexcusable in my opinion. There has to be a double check and then triple check system in place to prevent this in the future.