Early 7AAA predictions?

LiverpoolReds

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv Read all of your points and each of you have good ones. How i see it is.. Riverdale is ALWAYS a team with talent. Yes they lost compton, big whoop UT lost 4 players in basketball and beat kansas. So stop looking at riverdale as weak because they lost 1 kid. They were a well rounded young team. Although it was pre-season/ riverdale still lost 1-0 to coffee county...

Seigal- VERY Talented.. Great display of offence.. but weak on the other side of the ball.. they have great speed on the wings. But once agin... seigal lost a hard fought match to columbia, 1-0 in wich was preseason.. but still. #23 on columbia made seigal look dumb.. and they couldnt find a way down columbia's defence in wich only has a strong sweeper and right full back. (#6 sweeper) (#17 fullback)

Oakland- i am predicting to win this district. They appeal to me as the stronger team.

LAvergne- I dont know much about -- sorry

Blackman- Dont know much about- yet i have heard they are good.

Smyrna- Seem to clearly be the weaker team of this district.

1) Oakland

2) Riverdale

3) Blackman

4) Seigal

5) Lavergne

6) Smyrna

Iv Read all of your points and each of you have good ones. How i see it is.. Riverdale is ALWAYS a team with talent. Yes they lost compton, big whoop UT lost 4 players in basketball and beat kansas. So stop looking at riverdale as weak because they lost 1 kid. They were a well rounded young team. Although it was pre-season/ riverdale still lost 1-0 to coffee county...

Seigal- VERY Talented.. Great display of offence.. but weak on the other side of the ball.. they have great speed on the wings. But once agin... seigal lost a hard fought match to columbia, 1-0 in wich was preseason.. but still. #23 on columbia made seigal look dumb.. and they couldnt find a way down columbia's defence in wich only has a strong sweeper and right full back. (#6 sweeper) (#17 fullback)

Oakland- i am predicting to win this district. They appeal to me as the stronger team.

LAvergne- I dont know much about -- sorry

Blackman- Dont know much about- yet i have heard they are good.

Smyrna- Seem to clearly be the weaker team of this district.

1) Oakland

2) Riverdale

3) Blackman

4) Seigal

5) Lavergne

6) Smyrna

Hmm... I really have to disagree with this.

Riverdale really has suffered from the loss of one of its greatest players. In soccer, a go-to player/scorer makes a great difference (which is what Compton in a sense was). No doubt I think that Riverdale is and will adjust, but losing a player like him is difficult to pass off.

I think that you really have Siegel mistaken for another team. Offense is what they lack. Siegel has never been a scoring team and definitely need to figure it out if they want a chance at winning the district. Defense and midfield for Siegel is a strength. I've seen 3 of Siegel's games and they're defense is solid, especially when they keep their starting line until the end (unlike in preseason). Having only a total of 3 goals scored against by Columbia, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Father Ryan, and Baylor proves their strength on the "other side" of the ball, enough said.

You must really don't know much about LaVergne, but they are a great contender. They are a strength in this district that shouldn't be overlooked. They have a solid midfield that could easily lead their team to the top.

Oakland and Blackman are both strong team that can easily take over the district. And as far as season rankings, this is the type of group that can be be scattered 1-5. Its any team's district, it just matters who shows out when they need to the most.

Riverdale is ALWAYS a team with talent. Yes they lost compton, big whoop UT lost 4 players in basketball and beat kansas. So stop looking at riverdale as weak because they lost 1 kid.

I would more say the reason why I think Riverdale is weak is not that they lost Compton. It is what you stated. Loss to Coffee County, 5-0 to Hendersonville. That shows for a concern.

Still i think what Liverpool said is exactly correct. This district is still very much up for grabs. Whoever comes to play every game will most likely see themselves on top

Current records and this week's games:

Blackman (1-0), Smyrna (1-0-1), Lavergne (1-1-1), Oakland (1-1), Riverdale (1-2), Siegel (1-2).

Tuesday, March 30

Lincoln Co at Oakland, 7p

McGavock at Lavergne, 7p

Riverdale at Columbia, 7p

Siegel at Brentwood, 7p

Thursday, April 1

Blackman at Coffee Co, 4p

* Riverdale at Smyrna, 5p

* Oakland at Lavergne, 7p

Shelbyville at Siegel, 7p

Current records and this week's games:

Blackman (1-0), Smyrna (1-0-1), Lavergne (1-1-1), Oakland (1-1), Riverdale (1-2), Siegel (1-2).

Tuesday, March 30

Lincoln Co at Oakland, 7p

McGavock at Lavergne, 7p

Riverdale at Columbia, 7p

Siegel at Brentwood, 7p

Thursday, April 1

Blackman at Coffee Co, 4p

* Riverdale at Smyrna, 5p

* Oakland at Lavergne, 7p

Shelbyville at Siegel, 7p

Wow siegels schedule is no joke. These are all good games, riverdale v columbia and siegel v brentwood will be interesting ones. Also oakland v lavergne... thats a tough call but i would go with lavergne taking the win or a tie game.

On the Riverdale/Columbia matchup tmwr will be interesting to see just how Columbia will play without their leader in the middle #23 Payne Fisher. I did not make the game on Saturday against Lawrenceburg but undersrtand they handled that challenge queit well 5-1 and should have been much worse. We all know the competetion will be much greater in Riverdale. If their mids can control the ball and the defense not give up the easy run, should be a great match!

#23 Was a main factor in Columbia's lineup. In my eyes they only had 2 impact players. #6 (sweeper) and #23 (midfield). now they have to step up to a whole new challenge. Yet, Riverdale has not exactly shown their full potential... i think they can out last this columbia team...

Sorry columbia, love yall and our district, but im calling Riverdale.. 3-1

The only way i see this game being interesting is if #6 can create a Major disturbance in riverdale's offence.

On that Note: I will LOVE to watch this game.

Lavergne will be a solid contender in their district, IF they can work as a team. Alot of talent on the team as far as 1v1 goes, but it will be interesting to see if they can team play involved. Ali Guerra will be one of the main contributions to the midfield, he has great footskills, and is quite a good scorer, look for him to control the tempo throught the midfield for Lavergne. As for the defense, well id say they have few problems there, but not perfect. Led by a VERY strong defender in A.J. Gray, started since a freshman, molded into an aggressive but smart defender, knows how to stop ball and control the defense. Not sure about the goalie situation, but with a solid defense this team can go far.