Gibbs at Red Bank...Let the Playoffs Begin!!!!!

bluelionheart23

I'm not disagreeing with you (as those overtime games are counted in the loss column too). I believe that they are emphasizing that Gibbs is a much better team than in previous years and for Red Bank to not take them lightly.

FYI... last week was a really good game for fans to watch AE and Gibbs play. I'm sure both squads earned each others respect.

I would agree that Gibbs is better than they have been in the past. In the last 9 seasons, they averaged 2-3 wins a year with no more than 4 wins in a season. Having said that, Gibbs is still Gibbs; they are 6-4. I don't think they will compete with Austin-East year in and year out, and I think Red Bank will not have any problems with Gibbs.

With a new coach and the work habits they have brought in for the players, only time will tell. For Gibbs to compete this Friday, they will need to make big plays happen on both sides of the ball.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs coaching staff has done a good job of working their kids. The kids play hard. This is the first year in many many years that Gibbs has put a good product on the field. Just so happened Gibbs drew a very tough team for round 1. Just don't have the athletes to prolong a good team for very long, but they do play hard though.

Red Bank 42

Gibbs 7

Ok...just saw some Gibbs film today vs. Austin-east....and i think Red Bank can name their score in this game! Not being racist by any means, but Gibbs looked slow and...well, white....Red Bank's team speed with be the factor in this game, not necessarily the skill level! Gibbs will not be able to match the overall speed of the game for RB!! good luck though, be safe on your way to chatt!!

Being a fulton fan i usaually can care less what gibbs does but i think red bank is to cocky and overlooking the eagles gibbs plays hard for 4 qts and red bank has a history choking in the playoffs that could be the chemistry of a upset. why is Red bank colors blue ? their fans don't seem color blind.

I hope the Red Bank fans on here don't represent the overall attitude of the Red Bank fan base, cause it seems just a bit cocky and arrogant, but I'm pretty sure its the usual fence hangers still hanging on who are making all the promises. I'm sure the coaching staff knows what can happen come playoff time.

As for looking white, about 99% of the kids are white so that would be a good observation. But football is football, no one expected us to even compete with AE. By the way, its a shame that a tradition filled football program like AE plays in front of a half filled stadium, and that's being generous. Where were the fans Friday night? I was expecting a much better atmosphere. I'd hate to see it over there this week against Johnson County.

Anyway, I think we've got to keep Red Bank to under 21 points to give ourselves an opportunity for victory in addition to striking first in terms of scoring. Special teams is going to play a huge role as will field position. If we take care of the details we can leave Red Bank with a victory. If we allow big plays, penalties, and mental mistakes to affect out play, then our chances won't look so good.

Everyone else is a throwing scores out like they work in Vegas, so here is mine.

Gibbs 24

Red Bank 14

... As for looking white, about 99% of the kids are white so that would be a good observation. But football is football, no one expected us to even compete with AE. By the way, its a shame that a tradition filled football program like AE plays in front of a half filled stadium, and that's being generous. Where were the fans Friday night? I was expecting a much better atmosphere. I'd hate to see it over there this week against Johnson County. ...

It is sad. I wish the community was more supportive of the players and the program. We usually have larger crowds for Homecoming, Fulton, Chatt. Brainerd, and early in the season (before the weather changes). This year the Homecoming crowd was small. I don't know why the support is not there or what it would take to get it. :D

Fulton, why is confidence being confused with cocky? Are you trying to crash my tailgate party?

If you should have the good fortune of beating ER PIONEERS you will have to travel the same road as

GIBBS (enjoy the view) Chattanooga play a different kind of football. EASTRIDGE I know you want that

re-match real bad, so bring it next friday back to the den.