Collinwood and McEwen- 1st round

stupiddewman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt at the game SAt so I have no idea what happened...I do know Collinwood wasnt

ranked 2 in the state going into that game...but I do feel pretty good about the rematch

and Im glad the wood has a game before that so their qb can continue to work on his

game because he hasn't had many starts and sorta got pressed into duty after Risner

got hurt. Davis has the best arm strength in the district, give him a little more experience

and the wood's passing game will be straight

I do not want to put down anyone's talent but if you think that is the strongest arm in the district, you havent seen many games. I assure you there is a lineman for Cwood that throws it farther harder and more accurate. Not saying that a lineman should be in QB position just know there is other options at Cwood. If we do not change before next year we will only win 2 or 3 games. # 7 played great last Sat. and to his credit there were 4 other balls that were dropped that should have been caught. I have seen every minute of every game and I know what happens when the pocket breaks down. I am a huge Cwood fan but just disagree with many of the decisions made. If I am in the Championship Game like we were last Sat # 5 would have never left the field if he wasnt injured and i dont think he was. WC had #12 on the field on defense and as a matter of fact he made a game changing interception. We are a small school, these kids can play both ways. I never saw #21 leave the field for WC. Lets play our best athletes all the time!!

I like the two platoon system..Max has been pretty beat up this year and I'm sorry but playing

him both ways ain't gonna help that. Im ok with no 7...I think he's going to be really good.

Like I say, I wasn't at the game but I can guess what happened. Waynesboro is a power running

team and as our defense got tired they got more yards just like last year. My problem with

the Collinwood plan is the same all the time every year. They got really huge kids that just sit

and watch while the skinny quick guys wear down and give up big plays late in the game.

If I played Waynesboro I would play a five man front with 3, 57, 70, 59, and 50

then I would play 2, and 9(or 23 and 1) on the outside and 53 in the middle. You stop power with power

and if your power guys are sophomores and freshmen...so what?? You scheme first and

last to stop the opponents best plays...then you go from there

I like coach Statom a ton..he has built an awesome program with lots of participation

sometimes though I think he forgets the number one rule in football which is if you

don't match up physically with a well coached opponent you will lose everytime

Having said that Collinwood is lucky to have a coach as good as Coach statom

he has performed miracles over there with very little help

I think going two platoon was one of his smartest ever moves because it guarantees

more experienced players will be returning each season. Besides, the wood has tons

of good players for a fact and truckloads more on the way...I predict the next four

or five years will be monumental ones for the Trojan program and Coach Statom deserves

all the credit for that for real (along with a tiny group of hard working assistants)

and yeah, its hard to decide on a starting qb simply because they got so many good

ones in the program. Personally, I think 18 could help them at rb right now...I love his

size and physical play

apparently Im the only person in Tenn who thinks this could be a close game

(emphasis on maybe)

You didn't say (maybe) you said could be. It shouldn't be.

how about maybe, it could possibly be a close game. Personally I would like to see

some of the younger guys play but in football anything can happen and often does

apparently Im the only person in Tenn who thinks this could be a close game

(emphasis on maybe)

You didn't say (maybe) you said could be. It shouldn't be.

how about maybe, it could possibly be a close game. Personally I would like to see

some of the younger guys play but in football anything can happen and often does

Well anyway, good luck tonight and I hope it will be injury free. By the way how about #15's injury from last week is he ok this week & will he play?