Millington vs Wooddale

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forecast is for sunshine all week long...thank God!

(Sorry I don't remember any names for Wooddale at the moment)

Trojans will have to find a way to stop their sophomore RB. Has around 1400 yds on the year. If I am not mistaken is 6'1 205. Wooddale runs the spread and has one huge OL that they tend to run behind.

#10 on defense (LB) tends to be involved in almost every play.

Assistant coach Lynord Crutchfield is very familiar with the Trojans having been the head coach at Bartlett not too long ago. Trojans will have to play mistake free football to advance to the second round.

I still do not know where this game will be played. It will probably be sometime Monday or Tuesday until we find out.

Marcus Rodgers has done an incredible job with this Woodale team. They were either 1-9 or 0-10 last year. Awesome turnaround. It is extremely encouraging to see good coaching in the city school system. The kids deserve as much!

I agree with a previous poster, I would like to see our Freshman Rb get a few more touches on friday night even If it is in the return game.

Go Trojans!!

Forecast is for sunshine all week long...thank God!

(Sorry I don't remember any names for Wooddale at the moment)

Trojans will have to find a way to stop their sophomore RB. Has around 1400 yds on the year. If I am not mistaken is 6'1 205. Wooddale runs the spread and has one huge OL that they tend to run behind.

#10 on defense (LB) tends to be involved in almost every play.

Assistant coach Lynord Crutchfield is very familiar with the Trojans having been the head coach at Bartlett not too long ago. Trojans will have to play mistake free football to advance to the second round.

I still do not know where this game will be played. It will probably be sometime Monday or Tuesday until we find out.

Mistake free football...therein lies the problem. Too much time being devoted to becoming an admin. than practicing enough to have fewer holding calls, illegal shifts, and fumbles.

I don't know much about Woodale other than they are worthy of being a host in the first round. Millington has faced most everything this year and will not see anything new so preparation should not be a challenge. Millington needs to take care of themselves this week and allow the defense do what they have done all year and the offense to show consistency and patience. Woodale will formidable against the run but we cannot abandon what works for us and trust we can be successful. Our best players must get their touches and turnovers must be eliminated. We can advance if we don't beat ourselves.

Onefortheteam, you are correct about Crutchfield. I don't know why I was thinking he coached at Bartlett. But he is getting the job done over at Wooddale.

Game will be played at Kirby HS. We have to have 0 turnovers to give us a chance. Can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Trojan Fans, bottom line is turnovers and penalties cost us last week. I think the game plan, defense, O line and running game did well last week. I agree with Cam we must do what we do well and quit trying to change personnel around so much.

I agree with what you guys are saying, but no one has said anything about the tackling. I can't believe at this level those kids still do not know the fundamentals of tackling. And I've seen them play more than just the Arlington game. Players in the right places to make plays and then miss tackles! It finally bit them in the rear end Friday.

Onefortheteam, you are correct about Crutchfield. I don't know why I was thinking he coached at Bartlett. But he is getting the job done over at Wooddale.

Game will be played at Kirby HS. We have to have 0 turnovers to give us a chance. Can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Breaking the huddle with 12 men is also inexcusable.

How about breaking the huddle with 11 and then once lined up a sub runs out and replaces a player already lined up. What is that?????

How about breaking the huddle with 11 and then once lined up a sub runs out and replaces a player already lined up. What is that?????

All of it comes to one thing...poor coaching,.....12-14 returnees not being prepared, streakee play, penalties. Every time we have been in a big game atmosphere we get outcoached, period. The history is there....cant be denied..

Are Tommy West and Coach Hawkins related?