Millington vs Wooddale

All of it comes to one thing...poor coaching,.....12-14 returnees not being prepared, streakee play, penalties. Every time we have been in a big game atmosphere we get outcoached, period. The history is there....cant be denied..

Are Tommy West and Coach Hawkins related?

Poor coaching...exactly. How long as Hawkins been there?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about Woodale other than they are worthy of being a host in the first round. Millington has faced most everything this year and will not see anything new so preparation should not be a challenge. Millington needs to take care of themselves this week and allow the defense do what they have done all year and the offense to show consistency and patience. Woodale will formidable against the run but we cannot abandon what works for us and trust we can be successful. Our best players must get their touches and turnovers must be eliminated. We can advance if we don't beat ourselves.

For what it's worth, here is my view of Woodale. This is a re-post... prior to their Week 9 game vs Southwind (won by Woodale 35 - 28) :

My prediction: Woodale 20 -- Millington 17

------------------------------------------------------------

Woodale is 6 -2 but could EASILY be 8 - 0, or certainly 7-1..... They should have defeated Germantown (I fault the Coach's "Prevent" defense for the last-second loss to Gtwn). They OUTPLAYED Melrose but simply couldn't "finish" the deal.

[Note: Woodale gets extremely impatient in the Red Zone.....almost as if they think that the end zone is just gonna' suddenly get up and run away or something! That's when their execution is POOREST, as they appear to really lose their focus.]

Woodale runs a Spread Offense and uses many different "looks" including the "Wildcat," which was wildly successful (nearly unstoppable) vs Gtwn. They are definitely more run-oriented but have a good, short passing game. As such, they are very good at keeping a defense off-balance. Good blockers....They also have good speed (on both sides of the ball) and thrive on the big-play. Their lack-of-discipline causes them to self-destruct often, particularly when they are forced to sustain long-play drives....I noticed 2 or 3 playmakers for them.

Defensively, they are very aggressive (not AS aggressive as White Station) and swarm to the ball. They accrue a lot of tackles-for-losses. They have a tendency to over-persue, however, and-- as a result, often get caught out of position. Overall, they have a good and fast defense but are very vulnerable to big plays.... I don't remember their base defense, but I do recall that they have good size.

Woodale's biggest NEGATIVE is a lack-of-discipline and sloppy execution!!!!

Woodale is actually a good team that is a clear notch below White Station, IMO. If they weren't so SEVERELY penalty-prone and executed better......Well, those are the very sort of things that usually seperate the Championship-caliber teams from the sea of "good" teams. Of course, Woodale has no kicking game (Mphs City Schools' achillies heel)!

-------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: I honestly don't think that Southwind can compete with Woodale, for 4 quarters.

Nevertheless, if Southwind can prevent the "gashing" 20+ yard running plays and force Woodale to sustain those 12 -13 play drives, then Southwind can keep this game respectable. Otherwise, it's gonna be a long and frustrating night for SW.

Millington D has allowed only 31 points vs teams in the District.. So that is pretty good and they seem to be very tough on the run game (unless they don't wrap up...). Now we seem to put up a good amount of points on a dry field vs a wet field, so this may be a better game offensively for Millington. We will see which Millington team comes to play.

First of all I believe Webber is going to be a star at the varsity level. However I don't believe the young man is ready for the caliber of talent that he is seeing at this point of the season. Yes , I agree he is faster than anyone on the varsity team now but he is not use to the type of speed and pursuit from a D that he will see in the playoffs. They need to just keep doing what they do, but do it mistake free (TO's & penalties)! They flat out ripped Arlington's D apart on more than one drive. Dominating on first downs, time of possession, total yds (all rushing for Mill) and turnovers :thumb: Lucky for Mill that Arlington had a single run go for 92 yards or Arl. would have lost the yardage stat 325 to 145 and still won. Now that would have really been embarrassing. Take away just half of the mistakes and Mill wins. At this point in the year the team with the least amount of mistakes win, Period!! Oh yeah,, and for you so call Millington fans that are bashing and some that are making personal attacks on our coach. You need to take that up with him face to face and not on a public forum.

Forecast is for sunshine all week long...thank God!

(Sorry I don't remember any names for Wooddale at the moment)

Trojans will have to find a way to stop their sophomore RB. Has around 1400 yds on the year. If I am not mistaken is 6'1 205. Wooddale runs the spread and has one huge OL that they tend to run behind.

#10 on defense (LB) tends to be involved in almost every play.

Assistant coach Lynord Crutchfield is very familiar with the Trojans having been the head coach at Bartlett not too long ago. Trojans will have to play mistake free football to advance to the second round.

I still do not know where this game will be played. It will probably be sometime Monday or Tuesday until we find out.

Crutchfield was the head coach at Cordova...Left and took over the head job at Tunica before saying "Na Mas".

First of all I believe Webber is going to be a star at the varsity level. However I don't believe the young man is ready for the caliber of talent that he is seeing at this point of the season. Yes , I agree he is faster than anyone on the varsity team now but he is not use to the type of speed and pursuit from a D that he will see in the playoffs. They need to just keep doing what they do, but do it mistake free (TO's & penalties)! They flat out ripped Arlington's D apart on more than one drive. Dominating on first downs, time of possession, total yds (all rushing for Mill) and turnovers :thumb: Lucky for Mill that Arlington had a single run go for 92 yards or Arl. would have lost the yardage stat 325 to 145 and still won. Now that would have really been embarrassing. Take away just half of the mistakes and Mill wins. At this point in the year the team with the least amount of mistakes win, Period!! Oh yeah,, and for you so call Millington fans that are bashing and some that are making personal attacks on our coach. You need to take that up with him face to face and not on a public forum.

I agree it is too easy to be negative, support your team.

I want everyone to be realistic!!! Wooddale is going to beat Millington like they stole something from Wal-Mart :thumb:!!! Wooddale coaching staff has something to prove and they will prove it Friday Night!!! Coach Rogers and staff has done an excellant job and guess what it ain't over :thumb: !!! Stop hating!!! Wooddale keep motivating!!! Woo Rick Flair :roflol: !!!

I want everyone to be realistic!!! Wooddale is going to beat Millington like they stole something from Wal-Mart :thumb:!!! Wooddale coaching staff has something to prove and they will prove it Friday Night!!! Coach Rogers and staff has done an excellant job and guess what it ain't over 8-) !!! Stop hating!!! Wooddale keep motivating!!! Woo Rick Flair 8-) !!!

If Walmart didn't already dominate the retail market they would completely eliminate all retail competition if they would start taking everyone who stole from them out in front of the store and "Beat" them. I guess for all of us who would like to see something like that needs to come to the Woodale Millington game for a preview. lol

Trojan Fans, bottom line is turnovers and penalties cost us last week. I think the game plan, defense, O line and running game did well last week. I agree with Cam we must do what we do well and quit trying to change personnel around so much.

I agree with what you guys are saying, but no one has said anything about the tackling. I can't believe at this level those kids still do not know the fundamentals of tackling. And I've seen them play more than just the Arlington game. Players in the right places to make plays and then miss tackles! It finally bit them in the rear end Friday.

I am behind the team 100% and hope they whoop up on Wooddale. Would be nice to see them put it all together in the playoffs.

Not changing around personnell would be a good thing and better tackling would be an asset also. Not all negative.....

I got to watch a few Wooddale game films and i feel that Millington will be able to play with them. I was really impressed with the Southwind/wooddale game. Southwind looked to give Wooddale all they could handle even though they lost. Southwind's QB looked good in that game along with the receivers making some good catches.

My thoughts about the game for Millington:

1. control the ball- 4yds and cloud of dust (patience)

2. Tackle well (wrap-up)

3. field position, kicking game

4. make Woodale drive the ball, no big/easy plays

5. test Woodales kicking game

6. No turnover, and costly penalties, probably should be listed first

If Millington can do these things they will have a chance to advance and avoid as mo2vate stated the "walmart Whoppin"