Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

Couldn't be happier with Guilliam in control. With what he has done as a first year coach is fantastic. Good job to Deal on picking him after TL pulled out.

Hats off to Beatty on the fieldgoal. In a shoot out between high powered explosive offenses, his 3 points were the difference.

Without a doubt, this was huge and as you said the difference in the game. He deserves the recognition. I only wish he was coming back!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless something has changed, the officiating crew is usually assigned by TSSAA and they are not officials from the regions or districts of the competing teams. I think the association that officiates Campbell Co. games is one in the same that officiates home games for AC and Clinton. So I don't believe it would be the same officials that officiated any Clinton-Campbell County game. If the rules have changed and local officials are allowed to officiate playoff games that would be something new.

My question precisely! TSSAA gets 50% of the gate and since AC and Clinton use the same association to officiate, they needed to save money? The crew for the game are the same officials used by both teams during the season. Come on TSSAA--are things that bad??? At least give both teams a new crop of zebras with no memories and no chance to be presumed biased. TSSAA needs to change this policy--surely they can afford it with what they made Friday night!

Hey AC fans and Clinton alike:

Can you get some dirt on Columbia?

I heard they have one of the best offensive lines in the State. Columbia's schedule was grueling. They have played some top quality teams. Of course the 11-1 could have been 8-4 or at least 9-3. But it appears they know how to win close games. This means they have the same fight that AC has; never give up no matter what the score is. But with a huge line like they have, then they should get tired at some point. There first time in the playoffs ever? Or 1952 if that counts. Well if so they will come ready to play and they are at home to boot. But every good team has its weak points.

So if anyone has any inside info on Columbia and that include Columbia fans and enemies that are checking out this message board, please share with all of us.

Come on ..... you all know the officials are from outside the region. It's been that way for years. Doesn't always mean they're worth a crap but they haven't seen either team play before. They may call certain things our regular officials don't call. Meaning more or less strict on blocking or holding.

Quit your whining you got a lot further than a lot of teams.

Just got through watching the replay of the AC-Clinton game on the local tv cable channel. Looks like UT Grad was right. I recognized some familiar local officials calling the game. But, knowing those guys as I do, having coached in many games with them as officials, they usually do an outstanding job. I don't think after watching the game on replay that the officials had anything to do with Clinton losing.

I knew these refs were local, at least the one patrolling Clinton's sideline, not the clock operator, the other guy with his head firmly lodged elsewhere. The guy's a joke. Classic napoleon complex. It's like he couldn't hack it as a coach/player, perhaps has a grudge levied against certain schools but the fact of the matter is he's a chump...classic little man, wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was a member of the band in high school and upon graduation became a cop or referee to levy his revenge.

I am not sure of his name but he is always good for a laugh. I had the esteemed pleasure of being in the same vicinity as this gentleman the night after the Campbell Co. game last year and heard him and his other little minions dispensing several disparaging remarks about the school.

Like I said, it's okay though. AC deserved the win for how hard they fought and the fact that Clinton stop the short passing game ALL night.

AC watched game film...they did their homework...but let's not just chalk it up to:

"They made plays tonight...they just outplayed us."

Take some credit coach, we didn't adjust...it's a team game right?

Again though, great season and some of the best football I've ever had the privilege of watching.

Yeah they missed alot of call on both sides but It didnt effect the outcome. AC just had our # that night. I know nothing about Columbia and They better hope they got some good DB's

Next year AC will have the SR QB great WR's in Roberts and Mays should be another great year for AC.

Yeah they missed alot of call on both sides but It didnt effect the outcome. AC just had our # that night. I know nothing about Columbia and They better hope they got some good DB's

Next year AC will have the SR QB great WR's in Roberts and Mays should be another great year for AC.

I agree and No one expected AC to do this good and they have proved alot of people wrong. Clinton will miss alot of players next year but I think they will be fine. Patrick is a awesome player and the back up QB is pretty good. Also Clinton Gets Matthew Pyke and Dotson. Pyke just got accepted to the Junior All american bowl being one of the top 3 middle school lineman in the country and Im sure everyone knows about Dotson...that kid is rediculas. He needs to put some meat on those bones.

I agree and No one expected AC to do this good and they have proved alot of people wrong. Clinton will miss alot of players next year but I think they will be fine. Patrick is a awesome player and the back up QB is pretty good. Also Clinton Gets Matthew Pyke and Dotson. Pyke just got accepted to the Junior All american bowl being one of the top 3 middle school lineman in the country and Im sure everyone knows about Dotson...that kid is rediculas. He needs to put some meat on those bones.

Dotson Played for Lake City in Little leauge im glad he is in a stable place now. He could be great! Clinton will have a good young football player in that one. It would be nice if all three anderson co. teamswas in 4A 5A and 6A that would be great.