Greene County Baseball

highschoolfan60

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Greene will be strong this year, they return there two best pitchers in Chance Lamb and Zach McCamey. also look for Heath Starnes to see a lot o time on the mound. They did lose Dalton Lamb and his MAJOR POWER HITTING, and four year starting catcher Jordan Ward, But they return a very strong team. Greeneville High has Kip Grooms, who is a threat to hit the ball out of the park anytime he steps to the plate. I just don't think they are deep enough in their pitching. South Greene has Jalen Shuffler, and should be pretty good. Chuckey-Doak may have the best player in the league in sophomore Jameson Painter. North Greene has Zach Britton, who is a good solid player. Overall , I think West Greene's pitching will be the difference this year.

I agree that south greene is probably the best team in the county and also has the best player in the county with shuffler.. they have so much returning talent and all of those boys can hit the baseball, cd has a good young talent in painter and justin tarleton can hit the ball well, idk to much about g-ville this year other than i heard they lost quite a few to graduation, wg has a good pitcher in McCamey and a good all around player in Chance Lamb.. But dont everyone look over poor little North Greene this year because they have some talent as well in Britton, Schlottman, Wedding, O'neil, Lady, and Lucas.. But with that being said SG is still the team to beat in the county in my opinion

I agree that North Greene should be good this year, but replacing Hopson will be very hard to do. They have some really good players, but baseball usually comes down to pitching, and I Hopson WAS their pitching last year. All of the Greene county teams are talented, as much as I've seen in many years, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them all at the top of their conferences this year. North Greene could win their conference, and the other four teams could finish 1-4 in the BRAC. I know a lot of people are saying Grainger is the team to beat, but I would not be surprised if WG, SG, CD, and Greeneville all finished in front of them. There is A LOT of baseball talent in Greene county! In 2008, the Greeneville All-Stars won the State Championship in 13-14, 15-16, and 17-18 age groups!!! I'm not sure if any county has ever had three state champion teams in the same year before. Good luck to all!!!

i beleive all the county teams will be better this year , and there is some good pitching at all of them . in my opinion south greene should be the team to beat for the next two years . they are loaded . shuffler is one of the best all-around players in east tn but he is also surrounded by about nine other players that would start most anywhere. that being said , u know how baseball is . you can pitch around good hitting but cant hit around good pitching. good luck to all greene county teams , wish it started tomorrow