Greene County Baseball

highschoolfan60

North Greene is decent, but doesn't have a chance to win their confrence. Unaka has won it the last 15 years in a row or so. My opinion they will win it again because their best players are returning. I think UH will come before North Greene in the standings. Going back to the Regional Championship game Unaka run-ruled North Greene in 4.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Greene is decent, but doesn't have a chance to win their confrence. Unaka has won it the last 15 years in a row or so. My opinion they will win it again because their best players are returning. I think UH will come before North Greene in the standings. Going back to the Regional Championship game Unaka run-ruled North Greene in 4.

NG will challenge for the conference this year, Unaka does return a very good team with the best player in east tennessee in Josh Peterson but that doesnt make them unbeatable.. NG has talent in every position this year something they havent had in a few years, the kids have been working hard on their own and idk if anyone in greene county or around the conference has took as many hacks as Wedding, Drew Lady will be a left handed pitcher on the mound that has played and pitched in big games, something they havent had and Schlottman has matured alot as well as some of the other used to be young players.. I'm not saying they're going to win the conference but if they dont they will be 2nd, they just have to play as a team. . And as far as the run rule in the regional championship they pitched they're #4 pitcher to keep Hopson rested for the sub-state game.. after all he pitched 7 innings the day before in a win over Hancock County

NG will challenge for the conference this year, Unaka does return a very good team with the best player in east tennessee in Josh Peterson but that doesnt make them unbeatable.. NG has talent in every position this year something they havent had in a few years, the kids have been working hard on their own and idk if anyone in greene county or around the conference has took as many hacks as Wedding, Drew Lady will be a left handed pitcher on the mound that has played and pitched in big games, something they havent had and Schlottman has matured alot as well as some of the other used to be young players.. I'm not saying they're going to win the conference but if they dont they will be 2nd, they just have to play as a team. . And as far as the run rule in the regional championship they pitched they're #4 pitcher to keep Hopson rested for the sub-state game.. after all he pitched 7 innings the day before in a win over Hancock County

Why do we have to start this early? Good gracious, a lot can happen between know and then. I don't even want NG mentioned on this site until they prove themselves. If you are a player, go find a cage somewhere and work instead of jawing on here.

We are not contenders!!!! We graduated 5 starters from last years team. We lost most of the outfield. We lost 2 pitchers, and 3 of the top 4 hitters. Hows does that equate to a contender team? Yes, we will work very hard. But who knows how they will come together? We are the worst in the county and probably the worst in our conference as of right now.

Coach

Why do we have to start this early? Good gracious, a lot can happen between know and then. I don't even want NG mentioned on this site until they prove themselves. If you are a player, go find a cage somewhere and work instead of jawing on here.

We are not contenders!!!! We graduated 5 starters from last years team. We lost most of the outfield. We lost 2 pitchers, and 3 of the top 4 hitters. Hows does that equate to a contender team? Yes, we will work very hard. But who knows how they will come together? We are the worst in the county and probably the worst in our conference as of right now.

Coach

Way to pump them up, Coach!

That was neither too pump them up or degrade them. That was to get them off here. I get tired of the preseason crap and say work your tail off and it will show up when the time counts.

Right now is the time to work and not brag! Last year for those of you that recall, I said we couldn't beat some T-Ball teams. We ended up in sub state.

Thats just my pre season humor to keep people guessing. I'll talk when I need to.

Caoch

Coach

Good post Coach Shelton. Thank goodness conference titles and championships are not won on this site. I agree with everything you said except that you are not the worst in the conference. I expect you guys to compete like you do every year. Work hard in the off season. Hopefully somebody can challenge Unaka. They have definately set the bar high. We lost our best pitcher in Puckett, and three other seniors. We will be young and will have to work hard to compete. Looking forward to another fun season.

North Greene has some good players. Wedding, and the Blonde headed catcher im not sure what his name is, i believe hes an underclassman, and some others. As well as Unaka, Josh Peterson, Jordan Taylor, Drew Chambers should be their leaders this year. NG and UHS should be front runners and we should see some good competition, but in all, Good Luck to both teams in being competitive and most important having fun. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that West Greene should have a good year. Very possible for the BRAC to come down to West Greene and South Greene, but I also expect Grainger and Greeneville to be strong as well. Baseball is a funny game, it usually comes down to pitching, if your guy is on, you're probably going to be in good shape, but if he's off, you're in trouble. I do know that West Greene and South Greene have good pitching, I'd give the advantage to West Greene because of depth at that position. I don't know anything about the non-greene county teams.

• 4 weeks later...

i agree that it may come down to sg and wg but id have to say greeneville will be right there too. ive heard grainger should be good to. mcamey is a good pitcher but needs some smoke to go with his stuff . when lamb is on he is tuff , the problem lies with when to pitch who. pressley from sg had a good fall league , he threw a complete game in jc and was throwing harder in the end than he was earlier in the game . id say he will be on the mound vs wg and greeneville if the schedule allows it . oster threw alot of innings with the tn blue jays in travel ball against some real deal teams and looked great and baxley played on both these teams and caught each game they pitched . i think the pitching edge goes to sg , two seniors with alot of games under their belt that have good speed for a high school pitcher and some off speed stuff too. throw in a all conference soph catcher who improved dramaticly from his fresman year and all everything jalen shuffler and kennan wilhoit and i think the rebs should have a great year. ( i did say should have ) . chuckey doak is a team that could be right there to especially if feezell and bailey get the job done on the mound. wg has alot of talent and they can put 9 good ballplayers on the feild every game . i love it , i wish it started tomorrow

• 1 month later...