BIG 8

wkktnvolsfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Carter should not be in the starting line up for SH don't know why he even gets to play there's other players on the bench that is better than him does not want to pass to the post just wants to shoot the three where he miss more than he makes does not know how to pass the ball always off the mark makes his team look bad his defence is, well he has none but he plays most of the game WHY?????

Fellas,

Why are you all hatin' our SH players and the team?

Stop being selfish and jealous of each other and let the kids play.

They all are good players. None great (not yet)

Let the coaches coach and parents support the kids.

You guys get on here and shoot off at the month and it will kill our program if this continues. Those that are more concerned about Little Johnny getting touches should go somewhere else and play.

This is Science Hill...We have a reputation for being a basketball powerhouse in this area.

Put you selfishness aside and support the team.

When selfishness ends....success begins!

Go Toppers!

Will Carter should not be in the starting line up for SH don't know why he even gets to play there's other players on the bench that is better than him does not want to pass to the post just wants to shoot the three where he miss more than he makes does not know how to pass the ball always off the mark makes his team look bad his defence is, well he has none but he plays most of the game WHY?????

Carter is one of the best 3 point shooters in the area.

Like it or not! Stats don't lie! Check out his shooting % in the JC Press and your comment "He misses more than he makes".

Hello Mcfly.....Of course he misses more than he makes...Heck....JJ Redick shot 40% at Duke.

(That is 6 misses for every 4 made buckets)

Is he taking away touches from Lil' Johnny???

*Sense he misses so much that should give Lil' Johnny more chances to rebound and make some easy buckets in the paint.

Go Toppers!

Carter is one of the best 3 point shooters in the area.

Like it or not! Stats don't lie! Check out his shooting % in the JC Press and your comment "He misses more than he makes".

Hello Mcfly.....Of course he misses more than he makes...Heck....JJ Redick shot 40% at Duke.

(That is 6 misses for every 4 made buckets)

Is he taking away touches from Lil' Johnny???

*Sense he misses so much that should give Lil' Johnny more chances to rebound and make some easy buckets in the paint.

Go Toppers!

I will agree with you on that one WACO......and replying to the whole South thing, I spoke with a friend of mine that I played ball against in the 80's. He is an avid Science Hill fan that graduated from another Big 8 (Big 9) school. The KFC Chicken thing went way beyond what one would deem tasteless. Over the years, there have been numerous situations to where racial slurs, epithets, and what-have-yous rear its ugly head. Can anyone else remember two situations that involved South students vandalizing to the point of no return in the 80's? In 1986, the week of the DB vs. South football game saw South students spray paint a huge "S" on the front lawn of DB by the front of the VanHuss Dome. It wasn't the "S" that was bad but what accompanied it......underneath the red "S" was the "N" word in black spray paint. And in 1989, after DB thrashed South, they spray painted the "N" word and other slurs over Michael "Faulkerson" Dulaney's Murial in the back of the VanHuss Dome. It does dis-hearten me to see that we have not come that far from the 80's. One can only ignore ignorance such as those incidents. I have friends from South so I will say that one should take each case separately and make a judgment on the individual, but the AD should tighten ranks to try and avoid incidents like the KFC Bucket thing....

I will agree with you on that one WACO......and replying to the whole South thing, I spoke with a friend of mine that I played ball against in the 80's. He is an avid Science Hill fan that graduated from another Big 8 (Big 9) school. The KFC Chicken thing went way beyond what one would deem tasteless. Over the years, there have been numerous situations to where racial slurs, epithets, and what-have-yous rear its ugly head. Can anyone else remember two situations that involved South students vandalizing to the point of no return in the 80's? In 1986, the week of the DB vs. South football game saw South students spray paint a huge "S" on the front lawn of DB by the front of the VanHuss Dome. It wasn't the "S" that was bad but what accompanied it......underneath the red "S" was the "N" word in black spray paint. And in 1989, after DB thrashed South, they spray painted the "N" word and other slurs over Michael "Faulkerson" Dulaney's Murial in the back of the VanHuss Dome. It does dis-hearten me to see that we have not come that far from the 80's. One can only ignore ignorance such as those incidents. I have friends from South so I will say that one should take each case separately and make a judgment on the individual, but the AD should tighten ranks to try and avoid incidents like the KFC Bucket thing....

Henry, I agree with you 100%. You know I'm a South fan. Always have been, always will be. We have some great kids at our school. We have some, like any other school, that can be just plain ignorant sometimes. I was embarassed as were some of the other "old timers" when this happened. I spoke to a few of them and tried to explain what an embarassment this was to our fine school. Did they listen? I hope so. Did they understand? I hope so. Will it happen again? I hope not. But, to all that were offended by this act of stupidity, I apologize on behalf of the Rebel Nation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was impressed by both actually. I have to say though, I think the Hill will still be the team to beat come playoff time. You are correct, we are blessed with a great group of Sr.'s. I've never minced my words on our basketball program though. It'll be a shame if this group doesn't win the conference.

Just as predicted. 4th in the Big 8?? C'mon man!!

I was impressed by both actually. I have to say though, I think the Hill will still be the team to beat come playoff time. You are correct, we are blessed with a great group of Sr.'s. I've never minced my words on our basketball program though. It'll be a shame if this group doesn't win the conference.

Just as predicted. 4th in the Big 8?? C'mon man!!

You are correct Volman. This team had a lot of talent compared to what we usually load up with at South. To begin the year with an upset of the Hill on the road and then limp home in the conference race is very disappointing. I know Bailee's injury set them back, but the injury to starting pg is a situation that Coach Pendleton has seen before. It is such a critical position you need to have that sub pg ready to go to stabilize things. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to perform at that position wearing a facemask as Bailee has attempted to do, but it has to hinder visibility ,so critical to that position. Still other players should have been able to step it up and close ranks. 2-4 against the Big 3 and a sweep of Boone would be pretty good most years, but the losses at Central and Volunteer were killers. Lose at Gate City and against Boone in the 1st round and they will not even achieve a winning season. It is hard to explain without sounding like a complainer, but our program does not seem to improve as the season unfolds, instead we play out the games each season without much fight, resolved to get it over with. Looking forward, the roster looks thin. I would think 4th place next year or even a winning record would be reason to proclaim a stellar coaching job.