BIG 8

wkktnvolsfan

Are you realy trying to blame our student section??? Classy????? Your student came over to the DB section to start trouble and because he got the crap beat out of him you are calling us classless :lol: ???? He came to do just what he did, only it did not go the way he planned!!!! Dont blame our kids for his stupidity. If the South administration had the situation under control how did the tree still end up in the school :D ? Your argument is real weak in every direction so, I will leave it hear unless you wish to continue.

PS. I think the KFC buckets were pretty classless :!:

If by chance "the situation" your talking about is the KFC buckets, if the South Adinistration had it in hand then the buckets would have never made it in the gym and the cops would not have had to take them!!!! :blink: You guys got beat twice, you just can't get it done and now you are wanting to cry.....I understand :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can see how proud you are to have taken care of that situation in such a classy manner. I'm sure some of you are upset that the thugs didn't send him out in a coma. Pure DB.

Here you go with the race baiting again. There is more racist attitudes, by multiples, at DB than South has ever had. Yes, I know both schools. And I'm sure you have never had any pranksters at DB. It is perfect after all......Please. The South administration had the event you speak of well in hand before it was even well under way. Whatever is right.

PS Yes, those kids down front absolutely needed tossing.

Speaking of classy here it is. I had heard a student got some bad footage...

South Vs. DB...were no strangers to love..

Let's not crown SH too soon. Sometimes they look like world beaters, other times they play like the freshment they are, especially went they start shooting too much from the outside.

Last night, they looked especially good, but I believe South really suffered when Bailee Dick went down. Hunter LeVeau had a career game for SH, but I think he is the most under utilized player on the SH team. I have watched Hunter play for several years, and in my opinion he is one of the best natural athletes that I have seen. In the post, he is a scoring machine. He is too quick for the bigger post players and too tall for most of the quicker, shorter post. Unfortunately, he is not one of the stronger defensive players on a team that would rather play defense than score on offense.

In my opinion, SH will do well in the conference, but they will have trouble outside the conference because of their like of consistency in shooting and their refusal to have a strong post presence.

Let's not crown SH too soon. Sometimes they look like world beaters, other times they play like the freshment they are, especially went they start shooting too much from the outside.

Last night, they looked especially good, but I believe South really suffered when Bailee Dick went down. Hunter LeVeau had a career game for SH, but I think he is the most under utilized player on the SH team. I have watched Hunter play for several years, and in my opinion he is one of the best natural athletes that I have seen. In the post, he is a scoring machine. He is too quick for the bigger post players and too tall for most of the quicker, shorter post. Unfortunately, he is not one of the stronger defensive players on a team that would rather play defense than score on offense.

In my opinion, SH will do well in the conference, but they will have trouble outside the conference because of their like of consistency in shooting and their refusal to have a strong post presence.

I did limit my comments regarding the Topper's greatness by saying "should" win out and referred to only conference games Gabby. There is no way any team including D-B should beat the Hill with the talent and depth they have. Of course we play the games and anything can happen ....I know. I believe this conference will really hurt them come state tourney time the next 3-4 years though.They would be better off playing in a conference in Knoxville where they could tune up for the playoffs. Its hard to learn where your weaknesses are when they are never exposed and you win by such large margins every night.

Crawdad,

I agree that their strength is their depth. Twice this year SH has had 12 players score points in a game. Although I don't totally agree with their philosophy, the SH coaches have no problem with substituting out all 5 players at any time. There is no one player on SH that you can shut down and expect to win. Will Carter, Hunter LeVeau, Zack Howard, Shannon Hale, and Jaylen Allen have each had a night where they led the team in scoring. It is only time before SH's potentially best player, Will Adams, will have a break out night.

In addition, they play scrappy defense because they are not worried about fouling out. There is always someone on the bench that's available. Shannon Hale, their most consistent big man, hasn't played a full half in two games. It looks as if he will be out for about two weeks with an ankle. But they have LeVeau for offense and three other post men that play good defense on the bench and another post man that is about as good playing JV.

SH's core is their freshmen and sophmores. SH loses two Seniors after this year. The next year they lose four seniors. So the next two seasons, I agree that SH should be really hard to beat. They will be good the third year, but they will lose a lot of talent and depth from this year's sophmore class. From what I hear, this year's eight grade is not as strong as the previous two years have been.

Crawdad,

Well SH got run overed by Sevier County last night. Too many three point shots and not many through the hoop. I guess I am old fashioned, but I think SH too often goes down the court and just shoots. I would still like to see more of a post pressence. Good and Carter are one dimensional. When they are hot they can run up the score, but when they are cold they are a liability on defense. Zach Howard is also hot and cold, but he can play defense and handle the ball.

Will Adams is the most rounded player. He can shoot, rebound, handle the ball, play defense, and slash. He needs to be a little more agressive. Gavin Duncan is a heady player both on offense and defense. Reed Hayes is talented offensively, but is not a stellar defensive player. Reed also makes some mistakes handling the ball.

Jaylen Allen is not a very good shooter, but he can slash and play defense. He can ignite the offense by his defense. Shannon Hale and Hunter LeVeau are scoring machines, but are liabilities on defense. Jahmar Adams, Buddy Gosey, Preston Vaught, Drew Howard, Mike Cash, and James Songster can play shut-down defense, but are limited offensively.

IMO, Duncan, Hayes, and W. Adams should rotate in and out at point guard, Adams could also play the number 2. At 2, I would rotate J. Allen and J. Adams in and out. At 3, I would play Good, Carter, and Z. Howard. Z. Howard could play the 2 for more offensive punch. At 4, I would have Hale or LeVeau in for scoring. At 5, I would play Gosey, Vaught, and D. Howard for defense and rebounding.

The best offensive rotation would be W. Adams at 1, J. Allen at 2, whoever is hot at 3, Hale at 4, and Vaught at 5.

The best defensive rotation would be Duncan/Adams (take your pick) at 1, J. Allen at 2, Z. Howard at 3, Gosey at 4, and LeVeau/Hale (take your pick) at 5.

Presently they have Duncan at 1, Z. Howard at 2, Carter at 3, Allen at 4, and Hale at 5.

Crawdad,

Well SH got run overed by Sevier County last night. Too many three point shots and not many through the hoop. I guess I am old fashioned, but I think SH too often goes down the court and just shoots. I would still like to see more of a post pressence. Good and Carter are one dimensional. When they are hot they can run up the score, but when they are cold they are a liability on defense. Zach Howard is also hot and cold, but he can play defense and handle the ball.

Will Adams is the most rounded player. He can shoot, rebound, handle the ball, play defense, and slash. He needs to be a little more agressive. Gavin Duncan is a heady player both on offense and defense. Reed Hayes is talented offensively, but is not a stellar defensive player. Reed also makes some mistakes handling the ball.

Jaylen Allen is not a very good shooter, but he can slash and play defense. He can ignite the offense by his defense. Shannon Hale and Hunter LeVeau are scoring machines, but are liabilities on defense. Jahmar Adams, Buddy Gosey, Preston Vaught, Drew Howard, Mike Cash, and James Songster can play shut-down defense, but are limited offensively.

IMO, Duncan, Hayes, and W. Adams should rotate in and out at point guard, Adams could also play the number 2. At 2, I would rotate J. Allen and J. Adams in and out. At 3, I would play Good, Carter, and Z. Howard. Z. Howard could play the 2 for more offensive punch. At 4, I would have Hale or LeVeau in for scoring. At 5, I would play Gosey, Vaught, and D. Howard for defense and rebounding.

The best offensive rotation would be W. Adams at 1, J. Allen at 2, whoever is hot at 3, Hale at 4, and Vaught at 5.

The best defensive rotation would be Duncan/Adams (take your pick) at 1, J. Allen at 2, Z. Howard at 3, Gosey at 4, and LeVeau/Hale (take your pick) at 5.

Presently they have Duncan at 1, Z. Howard at 2, Carter at 3, Allen at 4, and Hale at 5.

Saw the score in the KTN this morning...could not believe it...either the Smokey Bears are in the class with Bearden and Fulton or the Hill did not come to play. Maybe a little of both. As young as they are it may still take them some time to find out who their reliable go-to guys are on offense. Once they mature as a team,off nights like this won't happen.