How in the heck did Rockwood get a better seed than Tellico?

bigbearsfan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they had a better overall record, but does head to head not mean anything? Seriously, this whole thing is screwed up. Oh well, IF we win, we have a better draw in the second round.

I'm sure you will win,but I'm not so sure you will have a better draw in the 2ond round.

It is really quite simple. Tellico has 3 losses. 1 came to Harriman, by the way, Rockwood beat Harriman 35-7. Rockwood has an 8-2 record. There was a three way tie in the district, each with 3-2 records. Rockwood pulls ahead. It is that simple! The quarter finals are a long way off. You got to get throught the first round first. Good luck to all the Roane County teams!

I guess they had a better overall record, but does head to head not mean anything? Seriously, this whole thing is screwed up. Oh well, IF we win, we have a better draw in the second round.

I'm sure you will win,but I'm not so sure you will have a better draw in the 2ond round.

This just proves you know very little about the football in this area. the OZ and TP game should be a slug-fest, both teams are physical up front and run the ball well. It will not be the cakewalk for TP that you make it out to be.

And then to compare Hampton (who defeated teams with a combined record of 34-65) with Oneida is just downright funny. No doubt TP and OZ got the best bracket of the two! I think you'll see that when you see what Rockwood does to Unaka, the second seed from your district.

Catback......I don't find the "humor" in comparing Oneida and Hampton that you do. My buddy Pujo will be the first to tell you that he has the utmost respect for our football team. As do we with his boys up in Hampton. If we get to that match-up, and I'm not going to say it is written in stone (nor imply it), I think you will see posts from both sides show a fair amount of respect for each other. It is some thing we have each worked hard for over the years. I wouldn't take Pujo's Team lightly no matter what. They will be better than you anticipate and they know how to navigate through the playoffs!

:roflol: Kazzy :thumb:

Catback......I don't find the "humor" in comparing Oneida and Hampton that you do. My buddy Pujo will be the first to tell you that he has the utmost respect for our football team. As do we with his boys up in Hampton. If we get to that match-up, and I'm not going to say it is written in stone (nor imply it), I think you will see posts from both sides show a fair amount of respect for each other. It is some thing we have each worked hard for over the years. I wouldn't take Pujo's Team lightly no matter what. They will be better than you anticipate and they know how to navigate through the playoffs!

:roflol: Kazzy :thumb:

Kaz, its a well earned respect both ways.Oneida is my kind of football team. If both teams make it that far ,it should be a good one. On the other hand, neither TP or Rockwood is anyones chumps. We might need to beat them 1st. I'll be pulling for the Injuns

OK, if we somehow meet in the Quarterfinals, do we get the homefield since we won head to head in the district?

No, they are the higher seed and are the automatic qualifier, where as TPHS is a Wildcard. Head to head is eliminated, based on the way Tiebreakers are set.

TSSAA rules on tie (Hence Rockwood and TPHS)

In the event that there is a tie in district standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular season games, both district and non-district, shall count. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district standings has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated to determine all places in the district.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Catback.....I don't find it the least bit offensive......but Pujo and his boys might! Providing you get by Telly Planes then Hampton becomes the next fish to fry.....all I was saying is they have a good recent history of doing well in the play-offs. I appreciate the compliment towards our team......it is the kind of repect we seek in all of our opponents. Good Luck this week against TP......you have, IMO, the firepower to get the job done!

:thumb: Kaz 8-)

This just proves you know very little about the football in this area. the OZ and TP game should be a slug-fest, both teams are physical up front and run the ball well. It will not be the cakewalk for TP that you make it out to be.

And then to compare Hampton (who defeated teams with a combined record of 34-65) with Oneida is just downright funny. No doubt TP and OZ got the best bracket of the two! I think you'll see that when you see what Rockwood does to Unaka, the second seed from your district.

If you are going on what Rockwood does to Unaka, thats fine and all,but Hampton is not Unaka. You seem to forget that Hampton has been to the quarters 3 out of the past 4 seasons. I wouldn't be licking my chops to get ahold of um. They might just fight back.