THE NEW PLAN

BoardHater71

With the way that the TSSAA butchered the Z-Plan this past weekend it is obvious that this plan will be short lived. I already know that the majority of the coaches (especially in 3A, 4A, 5A, & 6A) are ready to scrap the current playoff system and go back to the old plan we had from 1995-2008 (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, & 5A). IF THAT IS THE CASE THOUGH I MUST SAY THAT THE TSSAA SHOULD JUST THROW THIS YEAR OUT ALTOGETHER BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE ADMITTING THAT THE "Z PLAN" WAS A JOKE!!!!!

In my opinion they should keep the districts EXACTLY as they are right now. The TSSAA needs to quit thinking about $$$$$ for once and they need to instead start thinking about GREAT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. That is what has been missing for a long time now.

The TSSAA needs to scrap the whole 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, & 6A playoff system and let the postseason instead just be decided between classes A, AA, & AAA. The TSSAA needs to take the top two teams from each district across the state and make them automatic postseason qualifiers. #1 seeds should host and #2 seeds should travel. This puts tremendous importance on winning regular season district championships again and teams like "Oakhaven" aren't hosting state playoff games.

For the first year of the system District 1 should be matched up with District 2, 3 with 4, 5 with 6, 7 with 8.....................and so on. In the second year of the system they should invert it to where District 1 is matched up with District 4, District 2 is matched up with District 3, District 5 is matched up with District 8, District 6 is matched up with District 7.........................and so on. In the third year they should match District 1 with District 3, District 2 with District 4, District 5 with District 7, District 6 with District 8.........................and so on.

This allows us to skip the idea of having the "same ole games" play out in the "same ole rounds" of the playoffs as we've pretty much had to see for the last 15 years now. It also allows us to reward DISTRICT CHAMPIONS by letting them be the ONLY TEAMS TO HOST!!!!!

If the TSSAA would use common logic on this one then they would see that under this scenario 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS are better than 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS (and even 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS).

If the TSSAA does elect to go back to the "old plan" then you HEARD IT HERE FIRST that it is a decision that was made by coaches and board members representing coaches from upper class schools (ie Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, etc.). Sorry we all can't have our own politician get on the radio every week and start pushing for plans that favor "our teams"...............that my friends is the truth of the matter :roflol:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure if you are an urban school, or a 2,4, or 6a team you would be in favor of your plan. They should go back to the previous system. Put all private schools in 1a and 2a along with urban 1a and 2a. then form a 1b and 2b for the rural schools. Then have 3, 4, and 5a schools rounding out the rest. Pretty much what they do in Florida.

With the way that the TSSAA butchered the Z-Plan this past weekend it is obvious that this plan will be short lived. I already know that the majority of the coaches (especially in 3A, 4A, 5A, & 6A) are ready to scrap the current playoff system and go back to the old plan we had from 1995-2008 (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, & 5A). IF THAT IS THE CASE THOUGH I MUST SAY THAT THE TSSAA SHOULD JUST THROW THIS YEAR OUT ALTOGETHER BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE ADMITTING THAT THE "Z PLAN" WAS A JOKE!!!!!

In my opinion they should keep the districts EXACTLY as they are right now. The TSSAA needs to quit thinking about $$$$$ for once and they need to instead start thinking about GREAT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. That is what has been missing for a long time now.

The TSSAA needs to scrap the whole 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, & 6A playoff system and let the postseason instead just be decided between classes A, AA, & AAA. The TSSAA needs to take the top two teams from each district across the state and make them automatic postseason qualifiers. #1 seeds should host and #2 seeds should travel. This puts tremendous importance on winning regular season district championships again and teams like "Oakhaven" aren't hosting state playoff games.

For the first year of the system District 1 should be matched up with District 2, 3 with 4, 5 with 6, 7 with 8.....................and so on. In the second year of the system they should invert it to where District 1 is matched up with District 4, District 2 is matched up with District 3, District 5 is matched up with District 8, District 6 is matched up with District 7.........................and so on. In the third year they should match District 1 with District 3, District 2 with District 4, District 5 with District 7, District 6 with District 8.........................and so on.

This allows us to skip the idea of having the "same ole games" play out in the "same ole rounds" of the playoffs as we've pretty much had to see for the last 15 years now. It also allows us to reward DISTRICT CHAMPIONS by letting them be the ONLY TEAMS TO HOST!!!!!

If the TSSAA would use common logic on this one then they would see that under this scenario 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS are better than 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS (and even 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS).

If the TSSAA does elect to go back to the "old plan" then you HEARD IT HERE FIRST that it is a decision that was made by coaches and board members representing coaches from upper class schools (ie Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, etc.). Sorry we all can't have our own politician get on the radio every week and start pushing for plans that favor "our teams"...............that my friends is the truth of the matter :thumb:

For example, How is it fair for a school like Lewis Co. (587) to compete with the likes of Marshall(825), Giles (955), and Page (884) on a year to year basis?

Wait until after the playoffs when I unveil the Bertier plan. It will be fair balanced and I think people will like it.

If the TSSAA does elect to go back to the "old plan" then you HEARD IT HERE FIRST that it is a decision that was made by coaches and board members representing coaches from upper class schools (ie Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, etc.). Sorry we all can't have our own politician get on the radio every week and start pushing for plans that favor "our teams"...............that my friends is the truth of the matter :thumb:

For example, How is it fair for a school like Lewis Co. (587) to compete with the likes of Marshall(825), Giles (955), and Page (884) on a year to year basis?

Wait until after the playoffs when I unveil the Bertier plan. It will be fair balanced and I think people will like it.

Ahhh but thats the rub....its never gonna be fair to everyone as long as some teams are better than others....might as well just put the top 4 teams from each district in a hat and draw them out.

I see where you are coming from with the argument about Lewis County (3A) competing with Marshall, Giles, & Page (4A) in the current plan Gerry.

When you look at Class AA right now though (3A & 4A) it is obvious the 3A is just better than 4A this year. Alcoa, Milan, Manassas, Austin East, Gatlinburg Pittman, Elizabethton, CAK, Polk County, Bledsoe County, Cannon County, & Goodpasture all ranked at the top of their districts. Tyner & Camden finished 2nd in their districts to 4A teams but both of them are as good as the teams that won their respective districts on a given night. The sizes of the schools would not have mattered in Class AA this year because the 3A teams are just better from top-to-bottom than the 4A teams.

But there was only 2- 4A schools in 11AA and Camden was only better than one of them and everybody else was better than the other one. Lewis County was in a district with 2 very good 4A teams and another that traditionally will be. A 3A team in that district will be lucky to finish 4th most years.

I think the current district set up is fine. The tiebreaking system is what's screwed up. Overall record could mean you got your scheduling done early. I also think if you're going to restrict travel, you can't restrict district rematches. There has to be some give and take there instead of absolutes. I also think the TSSAA should take advantage of the computer rankings that are out there. They are as good a barometer as any. The media, the coaches or the TSSAA couldn't do better at evaluating teams from Bristol to Memphis. Use the tools that are available to you.

They are on the right track. It just needs some tweaking. I was way angrier last year with all of the district rematches in the early rounds.

If the TSSAA does elect to go back to the "old plan" then you HEARD IT HERE FIRST that it is a decision that was made by coaches and board members representing coaches from upper class schools (ie Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, etc.). Sorry we all can't have our own politician get on the radio every week and start pushing for plans that favor "our teams"...............that my friends is the truth of the matter :blink:

Last time I checked you can only play 11 at a time.So I guess Lewis Co. wants to be back with schools who have enrollments of 200 to 300 so they cna be the big school.When they were beating the bigger schools,It wasn't a concern. Junkall plans and play 10 games and let the polls decide.

If the TSSAA does elect to go back to the "old plan" then you HEARD IT HERE FIRST that it is a decision that was made by coaches and board members representing coaches from upper class schools (ie Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, etc.). Sorry we all can't have our own politician get on the radio every week and start pushing for plans that favor "our teams"...............that my friends is the truth of the matter :blink:

Last time I checked you can only play 11 at a time.So I guess Lewis Co. wants to be back with schools who have enrollments of 200 to 300 so they cna be the big school.When they were beating the bigger schools,It wasn't a concern. Junkall plans and play 10 games and let the polls decide.

All polls are biased because the people voting on them will simply vote on their "teams" from the area which they are affiliated :?:

Yep. The polls are worthless. The West Tennessee media and coaches have never seen the East Tennessee teams play and vice versa.

The computer based ratings have never seen any team play. Dude's in California. It's a mathematical model that takes in a lot of data and spits out pretty accurate information. Moreso than what everybody else spits out.

Dont know what lewis county is complaining about, they played 3-1A schools but they lost them

Dont know what lewis county is complaining about, they played 3-1A schools but they lost them

I am not from Lewis Co. I was just using them as the example. Heck I don't have to use them take CPA this year, they have to play 4 4a schools and that put them out of the playoffs. Same thing with East Lit. The 4A schools in Middle Tn are better than those in the East and West so the 3a teams in those districts got screwed. That would be asking White House to play a district schedule like this Beech, Hendersonville, Station Camp, and Gallatin. White House wouldn't make the playoffs if they had to do that.