what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

Touche' bluffman. I agree.

I think everything get's backed up a day, but not sure.

The play in games are:

#2 Camden hosting #7 Cheatham County

#3 Harpeth hosting #6 Stewart County at CW- Rained out

#4 Montgomery Central hosting #5 Waverly

I'm guessing that one or both of the other play in games could be played depending on how much rain they got at Central and at Camden.

Then it all goes to Creek Wood on Wednesday I assume. Nobody's ever posted a bracket on here.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have played at Creek Wood today but the way things are set up if one team cannot play no one can play. Will back everything up a day and start double elimination on Wednesday. Bracket has not been posted because we do not know who is in yet, will not know until play in games are complete. When they are complete will be as follows. The two outside seeds will play at 7 on Wed. and the two inside seeds will play at 4:30. That is the best I can do until we know results from play in games. Sorry

Well, Harpeth and Creek Wood are the only two teams that have beaten everybody in the tournament. That would be a good finals.

Harpeth's going to have overcome a lot of adversity. Those guys have been through the wringer this past week. Some of them have worked 8 hour days helping flood victims since last Monday. Things that teenage boys playing high school baseball shouldn't have to do.

No scores?

From the grapevine:

Camden over Cheatham 9-5

Harpeth over Stewart 16-0

Central over Waverly 2-1 on a walk off homer in the 7th

No stats. I had a LL game and didn't even see the Harpeth game. I think Presley picked up the win.

What's happened to our 11AA guys?

Dear Opinion Dad - Welcome back!

First, let me apologize for the length of this reply. It's going to be a long one. I'm truly sorry KS, but you know I have to jump on this one.

It takes commitment to be successful... end of story. Teams lose ball games 90% of the time because of "the little things" that players (NOT COACHES) fail to accomplish on the field or in the batter's box. It's those "little things" that a player should be working on in the off season. It's virtually impossible to fix things during the regular baseball season. Why? Once the season begins, you start playing the full game schedule. Very few off days to work on "the little things" that keep causing players problems. Trust me I know this first hand... I have two teenage boys! I see it every day! TIME + COMMITMENT = SUCCESS, its the only equation that works in athletics and also in the classroom.

My senior son just signed a college scholarship to wrestle in college. The figure comes to the tune of $90-$100K over the next 4 years. Sure, we paid for personal training... summer AAU tournaments, travel to college camps in PA, airline tickets, we've spent thousands of dollars towards his commitment to the sport that he loved. His TIME and COMMITMENT = $$$ his Senior year. In comparison, the few thousand dollars we've spent over the past few years will pay big dividends this fall when I'm not writing a check for $26,500K for his tuition, room and board. He received the scholarship because he was committed to the sport that he excelled. Even while playing football this past fall he was practicing every day of the week and two days a week left football practice thirty minutes early so he could get to personal training for Wrestling, his primary sport. All of this while still managing a full honors schedule and working to maintain his 4.0 GPA. Again... TIME + COMMITMENT = SUCCESS!

I coached many of the Harpeth boys in travel ball for a number of years and the parents and players paid upwards of $300-$450 each summer to play on the team. Trust me, $250 is a deal when you consider that the actual costs are involved. You simply have no idea to what the real investment should be.

Both of mine missed travel ball this past summer because of the idiot coach (yes I said it) last year who nearly killed the program in its tracks. By season end, most were sick of the game and the thought of playing baseball was sicking. Because of that one of mine suffered this season. He has played at a much higher level and is fully capable of playing there again, but when you tack on another sport and missing an entire summer... well he knows that he doesn't want to do that again... and if he's not committed, he won't be on the diamond ever again.

What else do the boys have to do this summer. Coach Jones has already laid out the deal for vacations and other commitments that may require someone being absent. I didn't run to my calendar and start changing my vacation plans. If you want your kid on the field next season, then they need to be committed in the off season. It's just that simple. If they are complaining about giving up their summer... save yourself some money and a lot of suffering for your child. Jump off the team now. If they don't want to quit and want to play. Then encourage your son to be COMMITTED! heck, don't encourage it... Demand it. Your investment in directing your child now will help them realize great success come Senior year. Nothing will make you more sad then having your son look at you and saying, I wish I would have been more committed. I was lucky, mine had another sport that he excelled... he loved baseball, but wasn't as committed because he's had a different coach every year he has played baseball at a Harpeth school. However, he did look at me at the beginning of this season and say those very words. It will break your heart. Do yourself and your child a favor. Figure out what they want to do with their career and set some goals. Then sit down and list what it is going to take this summer to achieve those goals. If the first thing on the list is take the summer off... well... you'll understand what you should do.

Coach Jones... we'll see you this summer!