Why won't anyone give Blackman any love??

Respect is earned not given. Oakland was pretty much in the same position last year. Nothing shuts up a critic quite like winning a championship. As Rick Flair has eloquently stated many times before, " To be the man, you gotta beat the man."

Guy whats been up? I think I will be at this game

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect is earned not given. Oakland was pretty much in the same position last year. Nothing shuts up a critic quite like winning a championship. As Rick Flair has eloquently stated many times before, " To be the man, you gotta beat the man."

Oh nothing much, just getting settled in at the new place.

Blackman is just as good as anyone. Everyone was saying that they would get dominated in their last three games, but yet they game out and won 2 out of 3 games, and probably could have beat Oakland. Now that they are in the playoffs they are still saying that they will get beat.

What do ya'll think?

They couldn't score against Oakland if they had played 4 more quarters, so I wouldn't be saying they probably could have beat Oakland. Maybe you aren't getting much respect because of the non district schedule you have played. You asked, I am just saying...

Oh nothing much, just getting settled in at the new place.

OP, glad to see you here! You are not suppose to worry us like that. :thumb:

Blackman is just as good as anyone. Everyone was saying that they would get dominated in their last three games, but yet they game out and won 2 out of 3 games, and probably could have beat Oakland. Now that they are in the playoffs they are still saying that they will get beat.

What do ya'll think?

PBD - No IFs here - LOL!!!

Blackman - played three (3) playoff teams (Oakland, Brentwood, Riverdale)

Oakland - played six (6) playoff teams (Ensworth, Independence, Brentwood, Riverdale, Blackman, Christian Co KY)

Riverdale - played five (5) playoff teams (Hendersonville, Oakland, Farragut, Cookeville, Blackman)

Combined wins-losses of opponents:

Blackman 47-53 - and played 3 5A teams with a combined record of 7-23

Oakland 63-37 - played one 5A team - Christian Co Ky (6-4) who is a top seed in their bracket

Riverdale 58-42 - played one 5A team - Hendersonville (7-3) who made the playoffs

No Ifs there - just the facts that Blackman did not play the schedule of Oakland or Riverdale or even Smyrna.

And have the same schedule next year.

And this has nothing to do with how good Blackman is. They may win five more games (I hope someone in our county does). But the system that awards playing one schedule over another to determine seeding and home team is what is not good.

that's a pretty dang good response Mr. Limbaugh!...i knew when i wrote my "IF" epistle ...that i was playing with fire when it came to YOU...and i knew if you took the time to respond after much research...i might be in trouble...LOL!

ur a good man mr. limbaugh...no "IF" and's and but's!... :thumb:

that's a pretty dang good response Mr. Limbaugh!...i knew when i wrote my "IF" epistle ...that i was playing with fire when it came to YOU...and i knew if you took the time to respond after much research...i might be in trouble...LOL!

David - Mr. Limbaugh passed away when I was 12.....

back to the topic "Why won't anyone give Blackman any love??"

I hope we get to give Blackman a lot of love a week from tomorrow. If we can both manage to win tomorrow night it should be a fun night at the ballyard. And I hope to be hugging a lot of Blackman senior dads (and single moms :thumb: after their sons have played their last high school football game - can't be more loving that than :thumb:

Call me tomorrow night and give me updates on your scores and I will give ya the rest of the scores from around the state I get from folks!

David - Mr. Limbaugh passed away when I was 12.....

back to the topic "Why won't anyone give Blackman any love??"

I hope we get to give Blackman a lot of love a week from tomorrow. If we can both manage to win tomorrow night it should be a fun night at the ballyard. And I hope to be hugging a lot of Blackman senior dads (and single moms :thumb: after their sons have played their last high school football game - can't be more loving that than :thumb:

Call me tomorrow night and give me updates on your scores and I will give ya the rest of the scores from around the state I get from folks!

Mr. David (part of being from the south...hee)...thanks for all the hopes and wishes of love next week...how thoughtful of ya! single mom's?????? i want touch that one!...

send me your phone number via PM and i'll call you for sure!

PBD :thumb:

Mr. David (part of being from the south...hee)...thanks for all the hopes and wishes of love next week...how thoughtful of ya! single mom's?????? i want touch that one!...

send me your phone number via PM and i'll call you for sure!

PBD :thumb:

Sent - being born and raised in Alabama, I get funny looks when I take my hat off before walking into a Mapco or a McDonalds - I guess most folks didn't grow up watching the Bear Bryant show on Sundays? :thumb:

PBD, nothing to worry about.........Limbaugh burns everyone. I nicknamed him LINKbaugh long ago b/c he ALWAYS had a link that he posted where he researched his response to back himself up. The guy is GOOOOOOOOOD! I think they need to give him the head job at the TSSAA!

I can't take the pay cut :thumb:

yeah...he smoked me...even when i thought i hit a homerun with my "IF" post...i WAS (past tense) feeling good...and was hoping he would get pre-occupied with the Z plan...

i just wish he would help me out with Mr. (see how respectful i am) Warriordad...warriordad says he don't want to fight me, he just says he want's to stick pen's up my you know what(see other post on mcgavock and blackman)...now over at Riverdale that may be a normal and a way to show the love...but where i'm from...that sounds like he don't like me to much and wants to rumble...maybe "LINKBAUGH" could send warriordad a "LINK" about how to make friends and influence people???

or...maybe he could do some "jack bower" type investigation and find a picture of "warriordad" and put on here since "warriordad" is afraid to put his "real" name on the T...